Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric39 View Post
    I should have put a disclaimer, it was towards the original post that gay adoption is wrong... lol, my bad, but point stands towards homophobes.
    Understood

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    Hormones of the parents directly effect the biological and mental development. There is a lot more to it than if the child simply has parents of some sort.
    Now we're going along the lines of "if the child has gay parents, he/she will certainly be gay themselves", and which is obviously true because straight parents always raise straight kids, right?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This glitter bomb stuff is criminal and I hope it's punished to the fullest extent of the law. How would people react if groups started targeting gays or gay couples or Barney Frank with glitter bombs to make a point? There would be nonstop MSM outrage across the board about how bigots are organizing assaulting gays. It'd also be some sort of additional "hate crime" on top of the immediate assault charge and conviction.
    "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack...that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." "Attack Libya UPDATE 8/13: and Syria"

"We can track down terrorists without trampling on our civil liberties.... the federal government will only issue warrants and execute searches because it needs to, not because it can." "Need to murder UPDATE 8/13: and track citizens" ~ Barack H. Obama

I was about 15 feet away in the front row. The guy mostly missed RP. Ron just had a little glitter on his left arm and shoulder.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Are you serious?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertea Party View Post
    This glitter bomb stuff is criminal and I hope it's punished to the fullest extent of the law. How would people react if groups started targeting gays or gay couples or Barney Frank with glitter bombs to make a point? There would be nonstop MSM outrage across the board about how bigots are organizing assaulting gays. It'd also be some sort of additional "hate crime" on top of the immediate assault charge and conviction.
    That's a terrible idea. It was a harmless protest. Cracking down would only be bad publicity. The best response would be to immediately address the criticism, but I dont think we should act like glitter is a deadly weapon.

I mean, youre for the tea party. Do you think the original tea partiers should have been lynched?

Quote Originally Posted by cstarace View Post
    Now we're going along the lines of "if the child has gay parents, he/she will certainly be gay themselves", and which is obviously true because straight parents always raise straight kids, right?
    This is a stupid argument. Hormones given off by parents effects the way a child develops, including personality, hormonal, and physical. A child raised in a single parent home suffers from negative effects. Both the mother and father give off specific hormones that help with development. To deny this, is to deny a long list of scientific studies based on your personal bias.
    Last edited by lucent; 02-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Yes.
    So then, why do you think that gays are incapable of raising a child and why would it be better off they don't get adopted?

This is a stupid argument. Hormones given off by parents effects the way a child develops, including personality, hormonal, and physical. A child raised in a single parent home suffers from negative effects. Both the mother and father give off specific hormones that help with development. To deny this, is to deny a long list of scientific studies based on your personal bias.
    no, it is a tort of battery (as opposed to the crime), actually, and actionable. No one will, but it is, and I personally think that person should be forced as penance to read through Ron's entire 24 year voting history. They clearly are absolutely clueless and shouldn't go around committing battery when they don't even know the facts.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Are we actually sure about these hormones that are given off, or are we referencing some correlational studies here?

I'd like to see the studies we're talking about.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    no, it is a tort of battery (as opposed to the crime), actually, and actionable. No one will, but it is, and I personally think that person should be forced as penance to read through Ron's entire 24 year voting history. They clearly are absolutely clueless and shouldn't go around committing battery when they don't even know the facts.
    I think you're trying to quote me, and I absolutely agree that it is a sort of battery, because it is, but, is it in anyones best interest that we prosecute this guy? He'll just feel like a martyr and people will follow his opinion as such. Instead we should embrace and inform him, because that is how you change minds.

Prosecution would be self-indulgent and useless.

I love the glitter bomb.
    I love how it parodies a stereotype, and the "bomber' owns that.
    I love the art, the passion, the play.
    It's much more passive and unassuming than a cream pie or a thrown shoe.

I believe it's an excellent form of civil disobedience and symbol of unrest.
    ..but to glitter-bomb Ron Paul, is sheer ignorance.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

I think you're trying to quote me, and I absolutely agree that it is a sort of battery, because it is, but, is it in anyones best interest that we prosecute this guy? He'll just feel like a martyr and people will follow his opinion as such. Instead we should embrace and inform him, because that is how you change minds.

Prosecution would be self-indulgent and useless.
    No, I don't think there is benefit it prosecuting but I am absolutely steaming. On one side 'NOM' or whatever that marriage group is spent almost all their entire annual budget running ads against Ron for not being willing to federally condemn gay marriage, he gets grief for voting to get rid of dadt, and he gets battery by some selfindulgent $#@! who can't be troubled to find out what his real policies are.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I have never heard of this before. Do you have a source for that? (But I do think the best case scenario is female and male role models. I have a gay nephew whom I dearly love and believe that being gay is a combination of genetics and environment. On the other side of the issue, a baby on the other side of the family was recently being considered to be placed for adoption. The fear that he might go to a gay couple was one factor in the decision to keep him... just saying this is reality, folks.)

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    A loving couple can raise a child. Heck, a single mom or dad can raise a child, though two is better if only for time reasons... though one loving parent is better than two parents who ignore their child.

Gender has nothing to do with it.
    Here's a simple solution. Ask the kid what he wants.. if he wants a mom and dad, then find him one. If he wants adam and steve, well, what's it going to hurt? The kid is the one who should make the choice. Not a ****, and not some religious fanatic.

Im saying that as a christian.

This is a stupid argument. Hormones given off by parents effects [affect - not effects] the way a child develops, including personality, hormonal [hormonally], and physical [physically]. A child raised in a single parent home suffers from negative effects [affects]. Both the mother and father give off specific hormones that help with development. To deny this, [no comma necessary] is to deny a long list of scientific studies based on your personal bias.
    *bold brackets denote correction of OP's grammatical errors

I was raised by a single parent (father), and a Lesbian mother (who left us while I was a very young age). My personality is glowing, my hormones are completely in balance, I'm physically fit, college educated, and I bought my own home when I was just 20-years-old. I make a good salary, I married the woman of my dreams last year, who is currently working on her Doctorate, and we're expecting to start a family this year.

So please, please tell me about the negative effects [sic] of which you speak, so I know what to look out for.

What if the foster home administrator is gay?

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    *bold brackets denote correction of OP's grammatical errors

I was raised by a single parent (father), and a Lesbian mother (who left us while I was a very young age). My personality is glowing, my hormones are completely in balance, I'm physically fit, college educated, and I bought my own home when I was just 20-years-old. I make a good salary, I married the woman of my dreams last year, who is currently working on her Doctorate, and we're expecting to start a family this year.

So please, please tell me about the negative effects [sic] of which you speak, so I know what to look out for.

Our neighbors, my daughter's best childhood friend, went through the same thing, mother of 3 leaving for girlfriend. The middle boy is gay and HIV positive in early 20s. It was a very painful experience for the oldest daughter, but she is straight. not sure how the youngest daughter is doing. It surely was painful for you, too.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertea Party View Post
    Yes, it is criminal because that stuff can get in your eyes and really hurt and cause some damage. There is no excuse for this and anyone who does it should have to serve some time.

Romney got glitter bombed twice in one day I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTUSman View Post
    Romney got glitter bombed twice in one day I believe.
    No, he got victory confetti thrown at him. =P

He seriously had the best reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Not to play mod or anything, but if you guys want to have a "same sex adoption" debate, it probably goes in a different forum.
    ^ Truth ^

Quote Originally Posted by SisCyn View Post
    Our neighbors, my daughter's best childhood friend, went through the same thing, mother of 3 leaving for girlfriend. The middle boy is gay and HIV positive in early 20s. It was a very painful experience for the oldest daughter, but she is straight. not sure how the youngest daughter is doing. It surely was painful for you, too.
    Absolutely it was difficult when I was younger, but now I'm just glad my experience taught me to be open-minded and to look outside my preconceived notions. I'm just very thankful I didn't grow up to be a prejudice a-hole who cites unfounded "reports", who thinks they know better than everyone else, even though they have no life experience in that area.
    Last edited by V3n; 02-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Saying something is wrong with single parents (collective generalization) is pretty disgusting. I kicked the supposedly necessary sperm donor out when my son was just over 1 year old. My son is a gifted child, super intelligent and talented with an awesome (and respectful) personality on top of it. His dad has played basically zero role in his life. My son told me several years ago not to worry about trying to find him a dad because he was doing great and didn't need one, but if I wanted someone for me that was fine. He is always saying how happy he is to have been born into the family he was, a very fun creative open-minded kinda crazy Christian family, not a sports are the center of the universe and super strict kinda household.
    So you can take your "A child raised in a single parent home suffers from negative effects" and shove it. My 12 yr. old son and I know otherwise.
    End rant.

Same sex adoption is wrong. If you are going to allow that then you might as well allow a person to adopt a kid that is single.

What the hell is this? I really expected better here.

Same sex adoption is wrong. If you are going to allow that then you might as well allow a person to adopt a kid that is single.
    I don't find either thing wrong.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a single mom, too, at this point in my life. But I must point out that at 12, you have not completed raising him. This little boy has had no significant man in his life? If that is true, he's been done a disservice by you. Single moms, please don't think that this is good for children, boys or girls. The girls become boy crazy, the boys become boy crazy, too. Don't need a study to prove this, I've observed it happening over and over. It can happen in a marriage, too, though. Children are made to need both a loving mom and a loving dad, and if one is not there, the other one cannot make up for it no matter how hard they try.

Schiff_FTW

A few months ago here in Connecticut two gay guys were arrested for molesting two of the nine children, ALL BOYS, handed over to them by the DCF.

http://articles.courant.com/2011-12-...-george-harasz

I'm sorry, I'm not against gay adoption per say, but when two guys can adopt NINE BOYS without it raising some serious red flags, the world has gone mad with political correctness.

The man who did it is probably worthless scum, so it shouldn't even matter.

He has the most awesome grandpa on earth (my dad). He's his primary male role model. We see my parents several times a week (they're only a mile away). There are no men around where I live to date. I live in a village (pop. under 5000). Everyone knows everyone. And working 2 jobs I just don't have the time to drive an hour away to look. I dated a guy a few years back who was jealous of the time and attention I gave my son. In the past 8 years I've dated 2 people for a combined total of 4 months.
    We just don't need an outsider brought into our tight family at this point. We've had so many monumental moments and experiences... they've already missed out. And my son likes girls. But he's pretty picky. He's a unique kid who's going to need a unique (probably a gamer) girl.
    Here's the kinda stuff we do. LOL (Anyone who's ever played first person shooters will appreciate certain parts of this.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlr0r0NNiL8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast