Thread: One Reason NV GOP turnout was low

One Reason NV GOP turnout was low

Seems people are quick to denounce our 94 vote increase in 2012 over 2008, and even quicker to conjecture reasons rather than investigate a bit. This is definitely a contributing factor:

It didn’t help matters that, due to redistricting, the county clerks in Clark and Washoe counties — the population hubs where Las Vegas and Reno are located — renumbered all of the local precincts last month. So voters in the state’s two largest cities were confused about where to caucus.
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1ldbwYgI9

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72480.html
    Beware the greedy hand of government, thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry.- Thomas Paine

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The same is true in Colorado. They only just finished changing everyone's precinct last month and those changes are substantial.

This plus the schedules for the caucuses at 9 am.

We might see the same in N.C.

Blah, my first caucus and I managed to get it straight. Knowing what to do was another story but getting there shouldn't have taken anyone that tried about 10 minutes the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltheus View Post
    The same is true in Colorado. They only just finished changing everyone's precinct last month and those changes are substantial.
    Hopefully the campaign gets the word out to any/all indentified voters.

Well an organized and educated campaign can use that to their advantage! Lets get the buses out and get people where they need to go!

Groan...The fact that they closed the doors at exactly 9am probably didn't help, either.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i think the problem is with people who were NOT going for the first time. We ALWAYS voted at this one fire station, then last year we showed up and weren't on the list -- turns out we were redistricted to a school down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    Groan...The fact that they closed the doors at exactly 9am probably didn't help, either.
    They didn't close the doors at 9am at my site, not sure why it would be different anywhere else. The problem was the party advertised that the caucus would go on from 9am-1pm. Saying that the "meeting" starts at 9am confused people and they figured "I don't need to go to the meeting, I'll go later and just vote."

Doors opened at 8am. Meetings started at 9am and precinct captains (following a script in the packet) are supposed to wait until 9:30 for everyone to show up, then the delegate process starts, followed by the preference poll.

I was confused about the workings of the process but getting there took a few minutes of searching to figure out. It should have effected the older vote the most with the precinct changes and all.

not sure how anyone could have screwed up the locations- i had at least two calls from volunteers explaining specifically where to go the day before. very well organized and thorough. and RP supporters did wake up on time- my polling location was full of ron paulers- this whole turn out thing has me baffled. the parking lot was full of ron paul bumper stickers- the room was full of ron paul hats and shirts. i must have been in an alternate universe that resembled the adelson caucus ccn footage i guess.

why werent Romney's voters "confused"?

Quote Originally Posted by shrugged0106 View Post
    why werent Romney's voters "confused"?
    Romney's net votes were down 6000, Ron increased his vote total where 1/3 less voters turned out.
    Beware the greedy hand of government, thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry.- Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    not sure how anyone could have screwed up the locations- i had at least two calls from volunteers explaining specifically where to go the day before. very well organized and thorough. and RP supporters did wake up on time- my polling location was full of ron paulers- this whole turn out thing has me baffled. the parking lot was full of ron paul bumper stickers- the room was full of ron paul hats and shirts. i must have been in an alternate universe that resembled the adelson caucus ccn footage i guess.
    You're vote total matched those reported from the state... right?

Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    What precinct were you in? What were the reported results, and what did you witness?

Did any RP supporters get elected as delegates to county conventions?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    It may have been posted elsewhere but I made a small change to make it better - the two Nevada figures in the one I changed were crammed together, so I separated them.

The caption? You tell me...

Attachment 1235

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty1789 View Post
    You have a much, much better chart to publish, guys: break down Nevada in 3 regions. Instead of +1% in votes, according to CNN poll, you get:

Clark region +26%
    Rural region +22%
    Washoe region-29%

That chart is massively more telling!

And now you pause and think: what happened?

Let Hunter know
    No One But Paul

The Statistics of Impossibility is the new radar you can't outrun.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    What precinct were you in? What were the reported results, and what did you witness?

Did any RP supporters get elected as delegates to county conventions?
    precinct 5564 i think. never saw the official results tho. RP won our precinct and we chose a delegate and a couple alternates.

Where do you find the precinct by precinct results?

Mine was 5587. The preference poll results were 12 Romney, 9 Paul, 3 Gingrich, 1 Santorum. The delegate count was 5-6 Paul, 1 Romney, 2-3 undeclared.
    Last edited by truetrue; 02-06-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul101.com View Post
    Hopefully the campaign gets the word out to any/all indentified voters.
    The problem is that the campaign hasn't caught up to the changes because they are so recent. They want people two know both of their precinct numbers so they can use the new one for the caucus and the old one for votertracker. There was no real effort made to hook people up in the same precinct because of this. Part of me fears that we'll actually end up doing worse here than we did in '08 for a number of reasons.

The poor results in South Carolina and Florida might have hurt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pipewerKz View Post
    Blah, my first caucus and I managed to get it straight. Knowing what to do was another story but getting there shouldn't have taken anyone that tried about 10 minutes the day before.
    Especially Ron Paul supporters. I can't imagine many of us that wouldn't triple check where our locations are and to make sure our specs are up with the local elections clerk/county chairperson.
    Ron Paul is the Nikola Tesla of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryKnoxFineBooks View Post
    Seems people are quick to denounce our 94 vote increase in 2012 over 2008, and even quicker to conjecture reasons rather than investigate a bit. This is definitely a contributing factor:

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1ldbwYgI9

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72480.html

If I did not pre-register, I would have not known.

IMO the most efficient way for the campaign to deal with this would be to have a simple website lookup tool where people can enter their address and it would tell them where to vote/caucus. They should have this for every state, I'm not sure why no one has thought of this already. They could email blast the link to everyone days before the primary date.