This news would be spreafing fast among US Evangelical circles that oppose some modern fertility experiments:

U.S. demands proof of parentage for IVF babies born in Israel
As Israel continues to evolve as a world leader in fertility treatments, some legal circles are suggesting that the U.S. government may be concerned about fraudulent efforts to secure U.S. citizenship.

By Mordechai I. Twersky

Get Haaretz on iPhone Get Haaretz on Android American embassy and consular officials in Israel are requiring applicants seeking U.S. citizenship for their children to prove parentage in cases where they received fertility treatments, causing them consternation and bureaucratic hassles.

While Americans contacted for this article say the phenomenon of inquiring about fertility tretments is new, the U.S. consulate in Jerusalem stated that there has been no change in policy.

Ellie Lavi with her twins Shira (in white) and Maya in Tel Aviv on Thursday. She says she is setting aside attempts to attain U.S. citizenship for them.

"The interviewing officer asked me over a microphone, 'Are these your eggs?'" said Ellie Lavi of Tel Aviv, a Chicago native in her 40s who applied for U.S. citizenship for her newborn twins two years ago at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv. "I was absolutely stunned, humiliated."
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...srael-1.410690