Thread: Wayne Allyn Root predicts Romney will win Nevada by a landslide

Exclamation Wayne Allyn Root predicts Romney will win Nevada by a landslide

People have a strange idea that they're supposed to vote for the candidate who is going to win. That if you vote for Ron Paul, and he loses, then YOU somehow made the wrong decision to vote for him.

This is obviously ridiculous. We need to expose this flawed thinking for what it is.

You're not voting for a candidate because you think he's GOING to win. You vote for him because he SHOULD win. Because IF he did win, our country would be in far better shape. Our economy would be stronger. Fewer people overseas would despise us for our meddling over there. And we'd take steps toward sound currency that held its value over time-- a crucial element of any free market economy.

Mr. Root did not say this, but he did say that Romney will win. My own thoughts, expressed above, are, I believe, one of the reasons why Romney may win.
    Last edited by intelliot; 02-04-2012 at 12:08 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    good idea, posted to facebook:

Quick explanation of the political primary process -

In a primary you are supposed to vote for who you WANT to win, not who you think can win.

This is the point where you get to have a real opinion in politics. By the time the general election rolls around you're likely stuck with "dumb and dumber" so why not take this opportunity to get to really know a candidate?

You cannot "waste" a vote during a primary, in fact these are the only votes that you can really express your political will so take advantage of it!
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

People dont get that the GOP nomination has be to beat Obama, and both sides have already said its going to be whoever get garner the Moderate and Indy votes.

Ron Paul already have these voters, Romney winning the GOP isnt going to beat Obama in the general. But of course after going today and voting for Dr. Paul, I could see that most of the voters were all 100 years old and have only heard about the internet from friends.

It wasnt a good day for Washoe County. I hope I am wrong. Newt, Romney can not get anyone to change sides and vote for them, just wait if Romney gets the nod, how they are going to spin Bain Capital and his Mormonism.

Newt and his Pelosi ad, or his record as speaker, the GOP asked him to step down he was doing such a bad job.

I’d be looking at harnessing all that excitement and passion by offering Ron Paul either Treasury Secretary or Federal Reserve Chairman
    I think that would be a rather weak offer and would not gain many Ron Paul supporters. I am surprised Root does not realize that rather than suggesting Ron as Romney's VP which would have a chance of actually picking up some supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by intelliot View Post
    People have a strange idea that they're supposed to vote for the candidate who is going to win. That if you vote for Ron Paul, and he loses, then YOU somehow made the wrong decision to vote for him.

This is obviously ridiculous. We need to expose this flawed thinking for what it is.

You're not voting for a candidate because you think he's GOING to win. You vote for him because he SHOULD win. Because IF he did win, our country would be in far better shape. Our economy would be stronger. Fewer people overseas would despise us for our meddling over there. And we'd take steps toward sound currency that held its value over time-- a crucial element of any free market economy.

Mr. Root did not say this, but he did say that Romney will win. My own thoughts, expressed above, are, I believe, one of the reasons why Romney may win.
    Root is a poorer version of Donald Trump. A self-promoting hack and a moron. And that's being kind.

I ran the campaign in Southern NV in 2008 and any idiot could have told you one thing about the NV caucus in 2012: Romney wins and wins big. That was the way it was always going to be. Anyone who said otherwise doesn't know a thing about NV politics. The battle was always for second place. And it still looks possible that we'll take that. The campaign this year has done a bangup job.

And if Ron is angling for a cabinet position or Vice president, he's certainly going to be disappointed. They want his voters, and they want him to go away quietly so they can let his son take over the movement. The R establishment feels they can work (with) Rand, but not Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by anewvoice View Post
    good idea, posted to facebook:
    Quick explanation of the political primary process -

In a primary you are supposed to vote for who you WANT to win, not who you think can win.

This is the point where you get to have a real opinion in politics. By the time the general election rolls around you're likely stuck with "dumb and dumber" so why not take this opportunity to get to really know a candidate?

You cannot "waste" a vote during a primary, in fact these are the only votes that you can really express your political will so take advantage of it!
    Thanks, I shared as well!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!