Thread: CA - Become a voting member of your County's Central Committee

CA - Become a voting member of your County's Central Committee

County Central Committee

Each County GOP is governed by a Central Committee. If you want to become a voting member of your County GOP's Central Committee, you need to file as a candidate.

The filing period is February 13 to March 9 with an election on June 5 (same ballot as the Presidential election).

As for Los Angeles and Orange Counties, our Central Committees are broken into Assembly Districts. I can't speak for other counties, but most likely it is the same.

Each Assembly District gets to elect a certain number of Central Committee members. For example, in Assembly District 36, 7 people were elected to the LA County GOP's Central Committee.

See results for LA County's 2010 election here.

Some Assembly Districts are very crowded while some don't have enough people running, which means you win by default as long as you file as a candidate (see 37th District - allowed to elect 7 members but only 4 people filed as candidates).

Requirements to be a candidate

There are some strict requirements related to being a registered member of the Republican party for a certain period of time. You can find the requirements at the bottom of this page here.

How to file as a candidate

You need to obtain nomination papers from your County Clerk and obtain 20 to 40 signatures of registered Republicans within your Assembly District.

You can get LA County's nomination papers here.

Assembly Districts have changed due to redistricting. You MUST file as a candidate in your NEW Assembly District.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 02-29-2012 at 12:11 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we're taking this s*** over....
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Can you be specific on what the importance of this positions is? What are the specific duties of County Central Commitee? How much time would these duties take?

Quote Originally Posted by craezie View Post
    Can you be specific on what the importance of this positions is? What are the specific duties of County Central Commitee? How much time would these duties take?
    Becoming a member of a County Central Committee means you are a voting member of your County GOP. You get to vote for Chairman, Vice Chairman, etc of your County GOP and on other party matters.

I don't think there are any official duties other than attending meetings, although you don't have to attend every single monthly meeting.

Also, if you heard today, the Iowa GOP elected a Ron Paul supporter as their new Chairman. That could not have happened without our supporters in voting positions at their County GOPs. The County GOPs elect State Central Committee Members who then elect the State's Republican Chairman.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 02-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.

I already pulled my papers to run. Don't be afraid! It is easy to do.

Do you guys know how long the term is for a central committee member.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaLife View Post
    I already pulled my papers to run. Don't be afraid! It is easy to do.

Do you guys know how long the term is for a central committee member.
    The term is two years. What Assembly District are you running in?

Also, where did you get the nomination papers?

I thought they would be posted here for LA County, but in Part III, there is no option for Member of County Central Committee:
    https://lavote.net/secured/canreg/Ca...LECTION_ID=772

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the nomination papers here for LA County:
    https://lavote.net/secured/canreg/Ca...LECTION_ID=772
    Last edited by tsai3904; 02-16-2012 at 05:10 PM.

If you want to become a voting member of your County Central Committee, you MUST file as a candidate. You can begin to file today and the last day to file is March 9.

To file as a candidate

1. You must meet the registration requirements found at the bottom of the page here.

2. Find what Assembly District you live in. Assembly Districts have changed due to redistricting so you must find your NEW Assembly District.

3. Get nomination papers from your County Clerk. You can get LA County's nomination papers here.

4. Gather 20 to 40 signatures of registered voters in your Assembly District.

5. Submit the form to your County Clerk by March 9.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 02-22-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Detailed instructions to run for Member, Republican Central Committe in los angeles county are available at http://ronpaullosangeles.com/ Click Central Committee Liberty Candidates link at top left of page.

Make sure to enter your data in our database so we can have slates of 7 liberty candidates in all Assembly Districts in LA County. Also, make sure you find your new redistricted assembly district.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post

4. Gather 20 to 40 signatures of registered voters in your Assembly District.
    Do the signatures have to be from registered Republicans or can they be a Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyFox View Post
    Do the signatures have to be from registered Republicans or can they be a Democrat?
    From my understanding, it must be signatures from registered Republicans.

What Assembly District are you running in or planning to run in?

Here are some very detailed instructions:
    http://www.ronpaullosangeles.com/cc-candidates.htm

If you have any questions, you should contact steven@ronpaullosangeles.com

38. That was my only question. I was pretty sure it was just Republicans, but since it wasn't specified here I wanted to make 100% sure. I'm well on my way to my 20-40 so it's looking good.

Thanks for the reply.

Just to make sure, you have to apply using the NEW Assembly Districts. Also, you should contact Steven at the email above and let him know you are running. This way, we can make sure everyone votes for the Ron Paul candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Just to make sure, you have to apply using the NEW Assembly Districts. Also, you should contact Steven at the email above and let him know you are running. This way, we can make sure everyone votes for the Ron Paul candidates.
    I am already in contact with Steven. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyFox View Post
    I am already in contact with Steven. Thank you.
    Welcome to the forums!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Just a reminder that the deadline for signatures is this Friday, but you should probably get them earlier and turn them in by Thursday to avoid a long wait at the registrar of voters.

I got an email saying people in my area needed signatures, (they had people running) and filled out a form with my address and zip code (for assembly district) and said I'd sign. They were supposed to call and didn't. I emailed again saying I thought today was the deadline and do they still need me to sign, but at this point I'm assuming they have the signatures they need. I understand there was a meeting yesterday or the other day, with those running.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.