Thread: Bringing Attention to Ben Swann's Employer, Raycom Media

Bringing Attention to Ben Swann's Employer, Raycom Media

Ben Swann is employed by WXIX FOX19 in Cincinnati, OH, which is owned by Raycom Media.

On November 17, 2011, Ben Swann's Reality Check: An Endorsement for fairness in dealing with Ron Paul aired. I watched it live and noted that he had approximately 800 likes on his Facebook page that night. Ben now has 17K+ likes on his Facebook Page.

When I Googled him on November 17, 2011, there was very little searchable information about him. He was an obscure reporter who had recently joined FOX 19 after reporting for a small affiliate in El Paso, TX, but very little else. Google him now and see what you find....

On January 31, 2012, The Daily Show included a video clip of Ben Swann in it's segment. Today, FOX 19 basically "bragged" about it:

Reality Check with Ben featured on "The Daily Show"

Judge Napolitano has tweeted about one of Ben's Reality Check episodes (I can't locate it now).

I've tried to bring attention to Raycom Media here: Raycom Media a Possible Ally? and here: "Raycom Media has 46 Stations in 18 States!!! Get their Attention!! and here: Raycom Media in SC and FL, but it hasn't garnished alot of attention.

Raycom Media's website states, in relevant part;

"Raycom, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation’s largest broadcasters and owns and/or operates 46 television stations in 37 markets and 18 states. Raycom stations cover 12.7% of U.S. television households....
    With a strong belief in community, Raycom Media television stations take editorial positions on key community issues. It is the vision of the company that it be involved in the communities its broadcast properties serve. By editorializing on local issues and seeking out divergent points of view, Raycom Media television stations create an atmosphere of community dialog."
    Raycom Media doesn't seem to operate by the same bias rules as Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. With this increased publicity and popularity toward Ben Swann and FOX19 solely because of Ben's style of journalism, at what point do we (Grassroots, PAC's, Campaign) reach out to Raycom Media to request fair and equal journalism with all of it's 46 stations?
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 02-01-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good post.
    I do agree contacting Raycom to push for fair coverage/treatment is the right thing to do. I am of the unerstanding that "calling" has a greater impact.

Interesting post. I'm going to start doing research into Raycom...thanks for the post! +rep

Bump for the late crowd...
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

This would be a good and realistic move for us.

Last night, I posted Ben Swann's article/video about Voter Fraud in Maine . In the thread, many people ask how Ben Swann is able to be an actual journalist. Apparently, my attempts to reach people needs to be re-empahsized.

I'm bumping this post to re-circulate attention to Raycom Media.

Do they have an outlet in DC?

x.www.raycommedia.com/locations/

This shows a map of their locations around the country.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    Do they have an outlet in DC?
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertasPraesidium View Post

I tried to pump Raycom-owned stations prior to SC - They have 4 stations there.

I monitored the stations leading up to the SC primary. There seemed to be some good coverage of Dr. Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertasPraesidium View Post

bummer not in colorado.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Maybe Ben was working under the radar.

Hopefully he won't be getting an attitude adjustment from THE MAN.

Too bad they have no station around here. I would move my advertising over to them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit, because he doesn't come over your property and break your windows. - Dave Hebel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://freedom4um.com/

Raycom Media Programming
    Wish they had a Ron Paul Revolution Channel...
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Raycom Media doesn't seem to operate by the same bias rules as Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. With this increased publicity and popularity toward Ben Swann and FOX19 solely because of Ben's style of journalism, at what point do we (Grassroots, PAC's, Campaign) reach out to Raycom Media to request fair and equal journalism with all of it's 46 stations?
    I'm sure if one reads through fox & cbs news websites you can find some very friendly "about" information as well.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I remember one of your previous posts, and I whole heartedly agree with what your saying. I couldn't imagine anyone disagreeing with this.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by IPSecure View Post
    Raycom Media Programming
    Wish they had a Ron Paul Revolution Channel...
    Maybe they can reach-out to the Judge.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Well, I'm not sure we want the media to be our ally. We just need them to be fair and balanced.

The Ron Paul Facebook page just posted Ben Swann's Maine Caucus fraud story. We really need Raycom Media to encourage more Ben Swann-like journalism.

All I know about Raycom is that they have covered college basketball in the southeast for a long time, so I assume they are big in the Southeast. That's an area where we could use some positive coverage. Looks like they have 3 stations in Louisiana, which is a state Ron needs to do well in....do you think it would be worthwhile to somehow make the effort more targeted?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bump for Ben
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

Great idea. How do we execute?

Talk is cheap.

Everybody should be writing a letter/calling these people right meow:

http://www.raycommedia.com/contact/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    interestbumping
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

They should just air Ben Swann's reality check across all the stations lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoddle View Post
    Give him a 30 min syndicated show

Quote Originally Posted by Yoddle View Post
    I agree, just contacted them with my vote for Ben
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin