Thread: A few questions concerning the caucus

A few questions concerning the caucus

I was not able to go to any of the caucus training, does anyone have any videos that I can be linked to or a small guide I can skim through to get an idea of what to expect? also how long should the process typically take? I noticed when pre-registering it said the doors are open at 8AM and caucus/meeting is at 9AM, does this mean that it's a morning only thing and not something you can do throughout the day?

Thanks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can find the campaign's contact info here:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/states/nevada/

Give them a call or send an email and ask them.

You have to show up in the morning unless you support Newt.

I have the same question as this person. I got a call from the Campaign and the person didn't sound very knowledgeable and confused me.

I'm distressed to hear that you guys don't have meetups to discuss this stuff. Surely we have several '08 veterans around to help you out. Keep bumping this thread until you get one's attention.

Mostly just keep looking in here and read through all the policy threads for good talking points. Try to make sure you're up for answering questions. I think you'll find that what you're supporting is easy to sell. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Sign in for caucus is at 8am, caucus starts at 9am and should only take about 15-20 minutes for most precincts. This is not an all day event, you must show up by 9am at the latest.

Make sure you know your precinct number.
    Make sure you know your caucus location. http://www.nvgopcaucus.com/
    Make sure you bring a Nevada ID.

It is important to arrive early (I suggest 7:45am) and be the first person to pick up the paperwork for your precinct, this will make you the temporary precinct captain. The first order of business is to elect a permanent precinct captain. If you are the permanent precinct captain it is most likely you will be elected as a delegate. Next you simply read through the list of instructions. Check ID's, have a vote for delegates, then have the straw vote. When you become a delegate you will fill out paperwork and receive a copy... make sure you can read copy, this is your proof you are a delegate. Make sure to document the straw pole vote so you can later verify the count on the Nevada gop website.

The Ron Paul headquarters in Henderson has handouts that explain in more detail. It is important to pick up this handout because it gives specific talking points when it comes time to give a speech for Ron Paul... they don't want us to just wing-it. Stick to the talking points in the handout.
    Last edited by VegasPatriot; 02-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Response I received from campaign along with the edited guide, I'm sure I'm not the only clueless person running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Miles,

Attached is the guide we go through when we do our training sessions.

The time it will take is subjective and specific to each precinct (how many people participate, how many people speak on behalf of their candidate, and how long it takes to count the votes).

The Nevada Caucuses are at 9 a.m. ONLY; you may bring children.

You do have to go to your precinct location/the one that you are assigned (i.e., you may NOT go to another precinct/caucus location).

When I try to go to that http://www.ronpaul2012.com/NevadaCaucus page, it tells me "Not found."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vegas Patriot - can you please edit your post? I don't like that kind of information out on a public forum to help the opposition.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Could a moderator pleade edit Vegas Patriot's post? (#6 in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Vegas Patriot - can you please edit your post? I don't like that kind of information out on a public forum to help the opposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Fan View Post
    Could a moderator pleade edit Vegas Patriot's post? (#6 in this thread).
    I can edit the post you requested... but why? There is no super secret information in my post. Which part do you want me to remove? This is all information that is common knowledge for anyone who has caucused before in Nevada.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable, I'm just trying to understand why this information should be suppressed from people on this forum that obviously need help understanding the process. Please send me a PM explaining and if convinced I will gladly edit post.

Thanks

Minnesota Mock Caucus Training - even though this is for Minnesota I'm sure a lot of this will apply for Nevada. Very good stuff and a must-view if you are in a caucus state.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkZERpWTIFs
    Donate
    Phone From Home
    &
    Become a DELEGATE for Ron Paul

This is how we win!
    Delegates Thread on RPF: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ok-no-further!

Create your OWN GRASSROOTS ADS & run on NATIONAL TV CHEAP!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr....2-mil-viewers!

BEWARE SUPER BROCHURES (DO NOT BUY/SUPPORT)