Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota, Maine... The fate of Liberty rests in your hands!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota, Maine... The fate of Liberty rests in your hands!

- Nevada (February 4th)
    - Colorado, Minnesota (February 7th)
    - Maine (February 4th-11th)

These are small-turnout states and if there will ever be a chance for Dr. Paul to finally pull off some wins or CLOSE seconds, this is his chance!

NEVADA 2008 RESULTS (TURNOUT = 44,324)
    - Romney (22,649 votes, 51.1%)
    - Paul (6,087 votes, 13.73%)
    - McCain (5,651 votes, 12.75%)
    - Mike Huckabee (3,616 votes, 8.16%)
    - Fred Thompson (3,521 votes, 7.94%)
    - Rudy Giuliani (1,910 votes, 4.31%)
    - Duncan Hunter (890 votes, 2.01%)

COLORADO 2008 RESULTS (TURNOUT = 70,229)
    - Romney (42,218 votes, 60.11%)
    - McCain (12,918 votes, 18.39%)
    - Mike Huckabee (8,960 votes, 12.76%)
    - Paul (5,910 votes, 8.42%)

MINNESOTA 2008 RESULTS (TURNOUT = 62,828)
    - Romney (25,990 votes, 41.37%)
    - McCain (13,826 votes, 22.01%)
    - Mike Huckabee (12,493 votes, 19.88%)
    - Paul (9,852 votes, 15.68%)

MAINE 2008 RESULTS (TURNOUT = 5,491)
    - Romney (2,837 votes, 51.67%)
    - McCain (1,176 votes, 21.42%)
    - Paul (1,002 votes, 18.25%)
    - Mike Huckabee (318 votes, 5.79%)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i would feel so much better if Romney hadn't won all of these states in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by carterm View Post
    It's true that winning will not guarantee the nomination. However, it has all to do with momentum.

If Dr. Paul can come back from last place finishes in South Carolina and Florida, the effect will likely re-spark the momentum that was gained after Iowa and New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by carterm View Post
    haha yeah. >.<;;

I'm hearing very good reports from caucuses that have already occurred, including one today which Paul WON and Romney also received ZERO votes. The delegate counts are looking good thus far and things here in Maine will pick up a lot once the 4th comes around.

Maine won't let the rEVOLution down!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDixon View Post
    I'm hearing very good reports from caucuses that have already occurred, including one today which Paul WON and Romney also received ZERO votes. The delegate counts are looking good thus far and things here in Maine will pick up a lot once the 4th comes around.

the start of liberty!!!! woooooooooooo

Wow, CNN is going to air Ron too!

Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDixon View Post

It would be great if Romney loses to Ron Paul in a state that Romney won in 2008. I do not think that has happened yet.
    Last edited by seapilot; 01-31-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    It would be great if Romney loses to Ron Paul in a state that Romney won in 2008. I do not think that has happened yet. Meaning Romney losing a state he won in 2008.
    Paul hasn't won anything yet. It comes down to these caucus states.

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Is Paul running any ads in Maine? Gonna need em before Romney swoops in tomorrow.
    I haven't seen any yet.

Wyoming's caucuses are in February too. First one begins on February 16 although 4 have not been scheduled yet and could be as early as February 9.

Turnout will be higher this election, BUT ... RP got just under 6,000 people to caucus for him in Colorado in 2008, and TODAY we had well over 3,000 people show up combined in the rallies in Fort Collins, Denver, and Colorado Springs. I'd say that is a good sign that we can far exceed the numbers from '08. The level of organization here also blows away 08, it seems.... I'm optimistic for the march of liberty here in Colorado, in spite of what seem disappointing numbers out of FL
    We put liberty in action when we become more self-sufficient and thus less dependent on the structures and systems that are in place to "take care of us". Fear of chaos and failure of those systems loses its power over us....

Farther Forward
    www.fartherforward.com
    Your Path to Self Sufficient Living

Please, please, please!

Ground game in those states, double time, a.s.a.p.

If we can win just two of the upcoming states, things will look better.

It's definitely our chance in Nevada to either win or come in 2nd...
    Last I heard, Gingrich is staying out of NV as well as Colorado.

IMO, our best bet for a win would be Maine.

Best bet for second (if we can't beat Romney) would be Nevada.

As far as Colorado and Minnesota, they will be tough to win but no doubt second (hopefully, if we can't win..) is very achievable.
    Last edited by RileyE104; 01-31-2012 at 07:59 PM.

I also know some people back in Missouri that are very organized for the caucuses there. When I lived there in 2008, we did a good job of filling all of the delegate positions for our county. Many of those same people still live there, so I can only hope that with time and better organization they can do the same this go round.
    Thank you for all of your service Ron Paul. You have awakened a great number of liberty minded folks, and inspired many to run for office themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyE104 View Post
    It's definitely our chance in Nevada to either win or come in 2nd...

As far as Colorado and Minnesota, they will be tough to win but no doubt second (hopefully, if we can't win..) is very achievable.
    where did you hear that?

Have you seen the polls in minnesota?
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Quote Originally Posted by RileyE104 View Post
    Apparently Santorum has been running Newt attack ads, which might come to our gain.

Several people I talked to last week in Nevada said they were deciding between Gingrich and Paul.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have high hopes for Colorado.
    Thank you for all of your service Ron Paul. You have awakened a great number of liberty minded folks, and inspired many to run for office themselves.

I have high hopes for MN, but a 2nd place would be a very, very good showing from 2008. Remember Delegates, delegates, delegates, and I know a few.

Is Colorado mostly liberal, conservative, or Neo-con?
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    It depends greatly what area. Boulder is stereotypically cast as liberal, while Colorado Springs would be more conservative, for example.

Also, it's a closed state, so even in a liberal area the people who are registered Republican tend to not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    I believe Denver is fairly liberal.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I believe Denver is fairly liberal.
    Maybe Denver, but I have family in the Springs, and they say it's really mixed over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Diashi View Post
    Maybe Denver, but I have family in the Springs, and they say it's really mixed over there.
    The Springs was where the Libertarian party was founded and those sentiments still linger. But we also have a lot of retired military, due to all the bases. The ones with the cushy European jobs during the 80s, so they tend to be especially hawkish. The active duty military supports us a lot more, but they tend to be registered elsewhere. The Western slopes conservatives will likely be more of a help to us.

Is Paul running any ads in Maine? Gonna need em before Romney swoops in tomorrow.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WE MUST GET THE UNDER 30 TO THE POLLS

Offer free beer or whatever it takes.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Do or die, patriots! My regiment let us down here in Florida, but not for trying. Keep up the fight. Get people motivated. And follow through. Make sure everyone you know gets to the polls. And become delegates. No one believed this would be easy. This is a revolution with battles in 46 more states and several territories to go.
    For liberty!

We also have to keep Donating $$$DOLLARS$$$ to the Campaign.

Santorum was giddy on CNN Tonight saying that he was just told by his Campaign Staff that he had raised $4.2 Million Dollars in the month of January and over $200,000 on line today alone. (Ron Paul Daily Tracker is at $30,000)

Unfortunately, the Paul Campaign by my estimation raised at the very most $3.8 Million in January and likely less.

The No One But Paul Money Bomb is going to have to raise over $5 Million during the week of February 14th for the Campaign to be able to compete on Super Tuesday.

We REALLY NEED A WIN IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!!! My bet is on Maine!!!!

Are the cable networks actually going to cover Maine the way that they've covered the other caucuses and primaries? Or is this just something that's going to kind of fly under the radar?

Did we come out of Maine with anything yesterday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Are the cable networks actually going to cover Maine the way that they've covered the other caucuses and primaries? Or is this just something that's going to kind of fly under the radar?
    "You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government." - Patrick Henry - A Son of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by SonofThunder View Post
    Did we come out of Maine with anything yesterday?
    I heard back from one caucus where Paul won and Romney didn't receive a single vote. By my very rough guestimation, Paul is 40-50% on Maine right now. All the results I hear about so far have the reoccurring theme of Paul blowing it out of the water.

Which is why every reason why polling and popularity doesn't matter. Just ground game, which is what we have going very well here right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast