Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the media isn't telling you about Eric Dondero

What the media isn't telling you about Eric Dondero

Sorry if this is appearing twice - I think I posted it in the right place this time.

For many years I was on an email list for libertarian Republicans in Texas. Unfortunately, another person on that list was Eric Dondero-Rittberg. He showed up around 2004 or 2005 claiming to be a libertarian sometime after he was fired by Ron Paul. It quickly became clear though that his main issue was a vicious hatred of islam. But the other thing that really creeped a lot of people out was his tendency to introduce his sex life into the discussions for no apparent reason, especially prostitution. It could be completely off topic and he'd just randomly interject it. He went well beyond the legitimate libertarian position that prostitution should be legal though. His interest in the issue of sex ALWAYS seemed to go back to his own personal sex life that he was always sharing, and same with his gripe with the middle east - he hates muslims because muslims don't approve of prostitution & nudism, which are some of his pet issues.

Eventually I think he got himself kicked off the list or something.

I dug up the following "gems" from my old inbox though, and I remember many more like them & will try to find them. Since he disappeared after the original newsletter story I was gonna leave it be. But since he's back in the news this weekend smearing Ron Paul, I figured turnabout is only fair game. So here you go - Eric Dondero's very own "newsletters."

Date: 2/28/2007, 7:32 AM
    Subject: Response to Richard on freedom for a woman’s body

Richard,

Legalization of Prostitution is one of my top three issues. Not sure where you got the idea that I don’t support legalized prostitution from? I’m an ex-Sailor. I absolutely used the services of Prostitutes overseas in the Phillipines, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Spain, all over the world, when I was a young buck Sailor. And each time was worth every penny.

As a matter of fact, it’s an absolutely tragedy that the US Military is not allowing servicemen these days to utilize prostitutes in Iraq. There are severe restrictions on prostitution for Military Personnel nowadays. We Libertarian Republicans need to work to overturn that.

As for Rudy, yes, he pretty much sucks on the issue. Though, I hadn’t heard him talk about the issue in over a decade.

But then again, come to think of it, all the GOP Presidential candidates pretty much suck on the issue, even Ron Paul.

I worked for Ron Paul for 12 years, from 1987 – 2003. The only time I ever heard him address the issue of legalized Prostitution was way, way, back in 1987.

At the time the Libertarian Party was ga ga over Norma Jean Almadovar. Do you all remember her? She was the infamous “Cop to Call Girl.” She wrote a best-selling book about how she was a Prostitute while working for the LAPD.

Well in 1986, she ran for Lt. Governor of California on the Libertarian ticket. Ron Paul hated her. He even made the statement when asked, “Ron, who would you choose for your VP.” His response, “Anyone but Norma Jean Almadovar.”

I think if you pressed Ron Paul today, he’d have the same position; opposition to legalized prostitution.

Whose left? McCain? Romney? Not a single GOP candidate for Prez would support legalized prostitution.

And that’s our fault. RLC needs to push on this issue much, much harder. We need to call every Presidential candidate, including Rudy Giuliani, on the issue. Let them know it’s a top issue for us, along with property rights, and tax cuts.

Let the Libertarian Party be the Pot Party, with Steve Kubby. I’d like to see us use issues like Prostitution and opposition to Seat Belt Laws as our top issues for the civil liberties.

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:23:28 -0700
    Subject: Authoritarians are main force against Nudism in the world today

Is it the "evil Christian Right?"

When was the last time you saw a "Christian Right crusade" attempting to outlaw nude beaches in the US?

When was the last time Christian Rightists sought to ban thong bathing suits on South Beach in Miami or on California beaches?

That's soooooo 1980s.

Nah, the only force today active against Nudism nationwide is ISLAMO-FASCISM!!!

Look what they are doing in Paris. Look at Amsterdam!

Did you hear the latest? British hospitals now have tailor-made "Burka-style" head to toe hospital robes for their Muslim patrons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This guy has very serious issues. Im certain this is why he was fired and hates Ron Paul.

As I said there are dozens more just like it. The guy is a real creeper. His entire basis for claiming to be a "libertarian" seems to be the fact that he enjoys using prostitutes, and wants the right to walk around on the beach in a thong bathing suit.

I don't hold it against Ron Paul, but the only real "scandal" here is why Paul's congressional office employed this guy in the first place. But they apparently wised up and fired him, so I can't fault them any.

You guys are not real libertarians if you don't find allowing servicemen to visit brothels to be a top 3 national issue.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    You guys are not real libertarians if you don't find allowing servicemen to visit brothels to be a top 3 national issue.
    hahahaha
    Omg

Nice!!

The RPF has yahoo, Examiner, and HufPo writers. Someone needs to write about this!!!
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now, just imagine if this guy still worked for Paul.

This stuff would be all over the airwaves.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Donderoo supported McCain in 2008.

QED
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

please post more emails. I find this highly entertaining.

Without something concrete to tie Dondero to these, he can simply deny he wrote them. So while they're amusing, I'm not sure they're of much value in terms of discrediting him.

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    Without something concrete to tie Dondero to these, he can simply deny he wrote them. So while they're amusing, I'm not sure they're of much value in terms of discrediting him.
    Our friendly and enlightening OP wouldn't have been the only one to receive these type of emails.....Obtain corroborating emails from other sources, write a well written contributor article, then drudge it.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Hey, these are some of his better opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Our friendly and enlightening OP wouldn't have been the only one to receive these type of emails.....Obtain corroborating emails from other sources, write a well written contributor article, then drudge it.
    If you have the actual e-mails, not just the text of the emails, the headers could be analyzed, may be able to locate the physical address the mails were sent from, with some degree of accuracy - meaning the headers could help verify authenticity.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1984 View Post
    It quickly became clear though that his main issue was a vicious hatred of islam.
    Sounds like a libertine neo-conservative attempting to convert libertine libertarians to go along with the war on Islam. Not surprising at all, as libertinism is common among neo-conservatives.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The less I hear about Donderoo the better.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    link?
    These are emails the op is posting

You need to screencap these.

Couldnt you just take a screen shot of your email open on your computer with his email address and a way to verify the Email address

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    These are emails the op is posting
    We need to know they are accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1984 View Post
    I’d like to see us use issues like Prostitution and opposition to Seat Belt Laws as our top issues for the civil liberties.
    If I could only drive without a seat belt on my way to a whorehouse, this would be a free country!!!
    You should do your job because it's your job. Because you're the person standing there doing that thing. So just do it. Do the shit out of it. -Louis C.K.

Quote Originally Posted by pen_thief View Post
    If I could only drive without a seat belt on my way to a whorehouse, this would be a free country!!!
    Can't stop laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Legalizing prostitution wouldn't help me, I don't have anything a prostitute wants

Nor a regular girl either apparently

Now if we could just get the summer of '67 back in vogue I might get lucky
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

I still don't get it. We are attacking him for his pro-liberty beliefs as if these are the terrible things about him? um, OK.

If we are attacking the anti-Islam stuff, I guess that makes sense. Not sure how it hurts him.. or even why we need to hurt him considering no one cares what he has to say.

Aren't there some underground internet polls that need spamming?

I lolled at "Look what they are doing in Paris. Look at Amsterdam!"

I've been to a lot of places in the US and we have more freedom here in Amsterdam than anywhere I have visited, we have had a very large muslim minority here for a while and not much has changed in terms of freedom. I've talked about things like sharia law with a few muslims, and none of them liked the idea at all.

Any possibility it was Dondero behind some or all of the questionable newsletter content?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Here are a few more from him including ones where he defends Abu Gharib and torturing muslims. He also announced very publicly to the world that he is "circumscibed." If you doubt their authenticity, it was to a list that had probably several hundred subscribers so I'm sure there are other people out there with them. But if anyone in the media doubts it, why not ask Dondero directly? He's crazy enough he'd probably defend and openly claim them as his own.

Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 6:41 pm
    Subject: Re: Authoritarians are main force against Nudism in the world today

I'm circumscibed and I don't consider it "mutilation." Foreskin for a male is far, far, far, far different from clitoris for a female. Geez, did you learn anything in HS health class?

And Eric Rudolph. You know, you finally got one right. Yes, he was the perfect example of a "Christian Terrorist Hatemonger." I completely agree.

But Steven.......

ERIC RUDOLPH WAS 15 FRIGGIN' YEARS AGO!!!!

Can't you come up with a more recent example for your argument???

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 2:33 pm
    Subject: Re: from bush with love

LOL. So, let me get this straight. You consider putting pink panties on the head of a captured soldier or making them do a cheerleader style acrobatic pile-up to be "torture?"

If that's your definition of torture, I'd hate to think how you would describe cutting people's tongues out and letting them bleed to death in town squares, tying peoples hands behind their backs and dropping them off the roofs of two-story buildings, electric shocks to testicles, and cutting heads off with dirty rusty unsharpened knives.

Hey, quick question.

If I my wife in a moment of sexual playfulness tosses her panties on my head, does that count as "torture?"

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:36 pm
    Subject: Re: from bush with love

Do you consider parents spanking their children to be "torture"?

What's more harmful to a human being; a slap on the behind with a belt, paddle or large stick, or being humiliated by having to wear a pair of pink panties on one's head?

If you answer the latter, then you have to condemn about 80% of all American parents as "torturers".

Look below. I got him in other emails defending Bush's torture of muslims

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast