Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Teens Launch Lego Man into Space for $400 - Ron Paul Yard Sign in Space ?

Canadian Teens Launch Lego Man into Space for $400 - Ron Paul Yard Sign in Space ?

This video has gotten over 500,000 views in just 2 days. I was thinking for $400.00, the grassroots can launch a Ron Paul yard sign or something creative that can help bring attention to the campaign. Just an idea.

*Liberty is worth it*

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

ABSOLUTELY!! I have seen all these videos of people ballooning different stuff up into space over the last few months, and even once thought "there is bound to be a good use for this" then someone took one into space (and I guess was paid money by natural light). I thought duuuhhh advertising, but that ship has sailed. Now you come up with this and again I think "why didn't I think of that."

How cool would that be to have video of a Ron Paul sign, or a Ron Paul action figure in space... Maybe like the sign or action figure along with the United States Constitution. Bottom line is lets get it done. No one is stopping us. If you want to take the lead Ill help out however I can. If not, Ill start working on it.

Eh? How is that possible without burning up in the atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by aowen View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!! I have seen all these videos of people ballooning different stuff up into space over the last few months, and even once thought "there is bound to be a good use for this" then someone took one into space (and I guess was paid money by natural light). I thought duuuhhh advertising, but that ship has sailed. Now you come up with this and again I think "why didn't I think of that."

How cool would that be to have video of a Ron Paul sign, or a Ron Paul action figure in space... Maybe like the sign or action figure along with the United States Constitution. Bottom line is lets get it done. No one is stopping us. If you want to take the lead Ill help out however I can. If not, Ill start working on it.
    I like that! The Ron Paul action figure that's out there... That way we can (kind of) fulfill Ron's childhood dream of being the first physician in space by making him the first physician's action figure in space!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    I like that! The Ron Paul action figure that's out there... That way we can (kind of) fulfill Ron's childhood dream of being the first physician in space by making him the first physician's action figure in space!!
    This just keeps getting better and better

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    lol oh yeah. i remember that from the debate

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Freedom > Heat

A lego man holding a Ron Paul sign!!!!!!

Ron Paul action figure IN SPACE!

We can start a video series; Adventures of Ron Paul.
    - zHorns
    Organizer of the Rise for Liberty Moneybomb.

“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do something about it.” - Ron Paul, Rally for the Republic

I was wondering how they recover the video... Do they put some sort of transponder on it? I've seen the weather balloon commercial (think it was for a digital camera) where they had the camera in a modified styrofoam cooler. I guess as the helium escapes through the balloon it will just drift back down to earth, unless it bursts at altitude. Its a good question.

Better get on this, before newt finds out.

ETA:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...ear-space.html
    The friends spent four and a half months working on the project, mostly on Saturdays. In a video interview with the Star, they said the hardest part was making the parachute, which they decided to hand-sew, even though neither of them had any sewing experience.

They also constructed a lightweight Styrofoam box to carry three point-and-shoot cameras, a wide-angle video camera and a cellphone with a downloadable GPS app. They purchased a professional weather balloon for $85 online. The helium that would lift it up came from a party supply store. For launch, they put two mitten warmers in the Styrofoam box to keep the cameras working at that altitude. The whole project cost them about $400.
    Last edited by brushfire; 01-28-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

A related video, explains a lot:

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I was wondering how they recover the video... Do they put some sort of transponder on it? I've seen the weather balloon commercial (think it was for a digital camera) where they had the camera in a modified styrofoam cooler. I guess as the helium escapes through the balloon it will just drift back down to earth, unless it bursts at altitude. Its a good question.

Better get on this, before newt finds out.
    They recover the video by having a tracker with it. I saw one video where they tracked it by sending an iphone along for the flight. The balloon bursts because it continues to expand because of the atmospheric pressure decreasing as altitude increases until it gets so big it pops. And yes, we must beat Newty in the space race.

It doesn't burn up in the atmosphere because it isn't in Orbit and has no velocity. If the Space shuttle was able to come to a complete stop in Orbit it would just fall back down to Earth without the need of a heat shield.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    They probably track it the same way these guys did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_00eZtsuJ9M
    And as the atmosphere gets less dense the balloon expands... until it explodes

It goes up slowly. It comes down slowly. Why would it burn up?

JP Aerospace has been doing this a long time. It's super easy, if someone has a small amount of money and is serious about doing this. Just call up JP!

http://www.jpaerospace.com/sponsorship3.html
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 01-28-2012 at 12:12 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya I would do it myself, but I am broke and have no expertise. But after watching that video, it just dawned on me that the MSM would be forced kicking and screaming to report the flight if we actually went through with it, kinda like what happend with the blimp in 2007-2008. First Presidential candidate in space !
    *Liberty is worth it*

Holy crap! Paul needs to beat Newt to space!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybekool View Post
    Ya I would do it myself, but I am broke and have no expertise.
    You don't need any expertise. Just call JP Aerospace.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    You don't need any expertise. Just call JP Aerospace.
    For this to be special and have any chance of getting on the news we would have to do it ourselves. I just don't see it having the same impact if we were to hire a company that specializes in doing this. Then it becomes routine. If someone were to study up, prepare, and carry this out on their own or in a group it shows passion.

It never left the earth's atmosphere, so there was no re-entry, thus no burning up.

As for an idea, I think this ranks right up there with the blimp, silly bad idea...
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    It never left the earth's atmosphere, so there was no re-entry, thus no burning up.

As for an idea, I think this ranks right up there with the blimp, silly bad idea...
    Only difference is that this would be in the 400 dollar range as opposed to the 400,000 dollar range... one thousand times cheaper.

Ron Paul Action figure too big??

Argh you beat me to it! haha.
    “We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do something about it.” - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    Ron Paul Action figure too big??
    No. The only limitation is that federal aviation regulation requires that these unmanned balloons be limited to 10 pounds (I think its 10... it could be 5).

So is there anyone on the forums who has the expertise to do this?

I can see the youtube with the last debate of Ron Paul saying his dream of being an astronaut.. cutting to his action figure in space, with stop action footage of him putting on a space suit, getting in the rocket, etc. lol

To the tune of David Bowie "Space Oddity"

"This is ground control to major Ron, you've really made the grade"

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    So is there anyone on the forums who has the expertise to do this?

I can see the youtube with the last debate of Ron Paul saying his dream of being an astronaut.. cutting to his action figure in space, with stop action footage of him putting on a space suit, getting in the rocket, etc. lol

To the tune of David Bowie "Space Oddity"

"This is ground control to major Ron, you've really made the grade"
    That's just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post

You shouldn't comment on things you don't know about. It did leave the atmosphere, if it went up 62 miles. Now of course the atmosphere just very gradually thins out, so this line is arbitrary, but that is where the atmosphere "officially" ends and space "officially" begins. Re-entering an atmosphere does not cause things to burn up. Why would it? Think. Think for yourself, don't just repeat talking points you heard on the science channel or the news coverage of a space launch.

Also, this is a wonderful idea, so I'm biased against you due to your wrong opinion in that regard.

classic, the mention of newt in space made me think of this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymzh7YAlZng<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymzh7YAlZng">
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

This absolutely has to be done. Let's get organized,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast