Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pledging Permanent Moon Bases By End of Second Term

pledging Permanent Moon Bases By End of Second Term

Pledging Permanent Moon Bases By End of Second Term

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...katrina-trinko

Campaigning in Florida today, Newt Gingrich said, per BuzzFeed, “When they have 13,000 Americans living on the moon, they can petition to become a state.”
    “By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American,” Gingrich added.

mod edit:

Last edited by jct74; 01-26-2012 at 01:31 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was this supposed to be a joke?

He's nuts.

PS: For anyone that doesn't know anything about this. It takes a couple of years to prepare such things, oooh and a couple trillions but I guess 'Ole Newt would ask Mr Fed Chairman for some lubrication of the printing press.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 01-25-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Was this supposed to be a joke?
    yes.

his candidacy has been nothing BUT a joke.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

He's going for the Cape Canaveral vote.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    He's going for the Cape Canaveral vote.
    Anyone involved with rocket-science gotta be smarter than that ? No ?

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    yes.

his candidacy has been nothing BUT a joke.
    true

Getting a little ahead of himself isn't he? He has to win a first term first, which I don't see happening even if he were to get the GOP nomination.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He will have some private property issues to deal with. The current inhabitants probably won't take kindly to the idea nor the presence.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

By the end of his second term he'll be ice skating in Hell.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

How would people on the moon eat?

Edit: Nevermimd, abundant amounts of cheese

Second term? Dude's one doughnut away from a massive heart attack....though I suppose if he's appropriately evil enough, the powers that be could just replace his alleged heart with some sort of mechanical device--Cheney style.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

the m00n?
    yeah tha MoooooooooN!

-aqua teen huger stuff

spreadin 'mocracy to outer space

Let's all just imagine if Dr. Paul said this.

Gingrich boarded Moonbat 1 today to visit the Starship Troopers defending Lunyville.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I see where Newt is going with this...

Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

DC has 600k people. Why can't they become a state?
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Was that article in National Review or the Onion?

It's getting difficult to determine what's reality in this race anymore.

Why isn't this front page news that Gingrich wants a country 17 trillion in debt to build a moon base?

Wink Newt Gingrich to America: Let's Start A Moon Colony

This is getting to be such a tough race! Can Dr. Paul promise the people free candy on Mars to beat Gingrich's offering!??

Sure Newt, you go first, we'll catch up with ya.
    O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

My father and I got into a little debate because he actually believes america should put a base on the moon. This is something he has thought of for a while.

He believes that putting a base on the moon would help bring about advances in science and technology much like what occurred leading up to the first mission to the moon. He doesn't really believe in the base itself -- just the process of being able to overcome the challenges that would arise during the project which would lead to innovation.

In my opinion, while I will agree that I believe building a base on the moon may bring about certain advances, I just don't think it is a project of priority right now given the country's economic woes. I think of the space program as more of discretionary spending and I don't believe the country can afford it right now. My father said, "Well it is better than spending it on the military all around the world." That's true... but I would just rather have the country pay down the debt a little before adding more expensive projects.

Though it may help employ mathematicians, scientists, and researchers that have limited opportunities in their field so I really don't know what to think.
    Last edited by AllAboard; 01-26-2012 at 01:35 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    another grandiose idea.

moon raker!

"Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

The longer Newt stays in the race, the more he sounds like an evil mastermind.
    "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man or ask another man to live for mine." - The Objectivist Oath, given by John Galt in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.

My husband thinks having a base on the moon would be a good thing because little gravity + no atmosphere would make it easier for missions to take off from space. He also said that if we don't get off this planet, and something happens to this planet, then the entirety of the human race would be destroyed.
    "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man or ask another man to live for mine." - The Objectivist Oath, given by John Galt in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.

Gingrich campaigns to be President of Outer Space

This man is a moron.

How can he promise things for which he does not even know if there is the technology to make.

Even with the technology to make a permanent base in 7 years from scratch would be a miracle.
    Last edited by Demigod; 01-26-2012 at 07:44 AM.

So, he's going to balance the budget while expanding military spending and putting bases on the moon? Wow. And people are flocking to him right now because "Pelosi is scared of him!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast