Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many here refused to vote in the past but came out of the woods for RP?

How many here refused to vote in the past but came out of the woods for RP?

I know there must be a ton of you out there.

In all the years I was eligible to vote, I was discouraged by the joke I considered to be American politics. Neither party had the answers and none of the candidates were sincere or legit.

2008 was the first time in my life that I chose to vote, and I was 43 years old. This will be the second time I have ever voted, and I owe it all to Ron Paul. If he isn't elected, then I have to seriously wonder if there will be another opportunity in my life time.

I'm sure there are more of you. If so please reply to this thread. I'd like to hear from others who share the same experience.

NO ONE BUT RON PAUL!!!!!!
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    be 39 end of next month.
    first time voter 2008

I'm glad you both decide to vote. I can't stand people who refuse to vote yet bitch and whine about the current state of the nation.

Well, this upcoming election will be the first national election I'm eligible to vote in age-wise. Let me tell you, I'm happy that this is the first election I can vote in. In my teenage years, I pretty much had the same political beliefs as my dad, since he got me into conservatism and watched Fox News. Of course, I eventually evolved away from that brand of conservatism that my dad is (neoconservatism) and now consider myselft a Libertarian. Which is great, because I'd hate to have had the past me voting along with the Republican establishment instead of supporting a candidate with principles like Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

30 years old. NO interest in politics before this year. I liked Ron Paul in 2008 but I didn't know much about him.

Before, I wouldn't watch debates, news, elections, presidential elections, anything.

Now I can't stop gathering all the information I can.

I feel like if I don't get out there and help Ron Paul win, then I haven't done enough for our country's future.

Quote Originally Posted by millercards View Post
    30 years old. NO interest in politics before this year. I liked Ron Paul in 2008 but I didn't know much about him.

Before, I wouldn't watch debates, news, elections, presidential elections, anything.

Now I can't stop gathering all the information I can.

I feel like if I don't get out there and help Ron Paul win, then I haven't done enough for our country's future.
    I'm glad Dr. Paul cured your apathy

36 years old here, never voted in my life, registered early january of this year as a republican just to vote for ron paul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I'm glad you both decide to vote. I can't stand people who refuse to vote yet bitch and whine about the current state of the nation.
    Ya, I've complained all my life. Sadly there has never been a candidate with a solution or the true will. I cant tell you how committed I am to Dr. Paul. If I was back in the states I would be at my states primary for sure. All I can do from here is donate, pimp Dr. Paul on the web and vote.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I changed my libertarian party ( LP ) voters card to republican which disgusts me in a huge way so we could vote in the most corrupt state in the country ( florida ) for Dr Paul and will be changing back to LP the very same day after voting.

First time voting in presidential elections (19) and after heavily deliberation during the primary season, I've decided to vote for Ron Paul.

I actually grew up with a different mindset than what seems typical. My mom raised myself and my siblings to be open minded and to think critically. I grew up in a conservative household but there was a libertarian bent in the household and it shows. My sisters are voting for Ron Paul as well and my mom is undecided.

I'm 37 and have been voting ever election since 1992 when I was 18. I have been a political junkie since then. Heck, I was a Cspan junkie when half of those in RPFs were still in their diapers. But I am a recent reformed neocon. Also, I have voted Rep, Ind, Lib but never ever will I vote for a Dem.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

I always vote. If there is a (R) or (D) candidate that has convinced me they can do a good job, I'll vote for them. 90% of the time I vote LP because I don't like the two party system and I want limited government.

Giving up your vote because you don't like the two part system ensures its survival.

I'm 26 and will be voting for the first time. I will also become a delegate. How many first time voters do that?
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddone View Post
    I'm 26 and will be voting for the first time. I will also become a delegate. How many first time voters do that?
    I'm guessing if they did they would be Ron Paul supporters.
    - Josef Stalin

I'm 25 and this will be my first time voting. I missed out last time because I didn't make it my priority and I didn't see the importance. I thought both McCain and Obama were scumbags so it was a real turnoff. This time, I've managed to convert several people to RP and I will be personally driving people to the polls to make sure they vote . As far as being a delegate in Texas, I might not be able to since I have to move to Alabama in May for flight training. I'll need to inquire more just to make sure.

I maxed out and wrote in Paul in 08' (would have also considered voting for Kucinich if he won the nomination for the ass party).

I have and will do the same in 12' (would also vote Gary Johnson if Paul told us to).

My personal alignment is not to any political party as I refuse to play the establishment's and moron's game of treating politics like sports.

No more red vs blue which in reality is more of the same either way.
    It's Happening.
    Vote for the man with two first names.
    It's Paul or nothing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a new voter for Ron, meaning a new voter for him specifically. The last time I voted in a Presidential election was 2000.
    Last edited by LisaNY; 01-25-2012 at 09:59 AM.

The first election I was old enough to vote in I was pressured by everybody to vote McCain and I wrote-in Ron Paul. I've never cast a presidential election vote I regretted. Feels good.

I've only voted once before & it was to write in Ron Paul's name in 2008. I'm currently 40. Prior to that the reason I never voted before because I never liked the idea of voting for the lesser evil. Now I don't have to.

What the GOP needs to realize is that I like most of us are not voting for anyone else. The other Republican candidates are essentially the same as Obama to me. Big spending, Big Wars, Ignoring the Constitution. That's not the kind of change I believe in. And without us, none of the other candidates can beat Obama.

I'm the opposite: I always voted, ever since I became of age (first POTUS election was 1976).

It took me all this time to WAKE UP. If the LA Taxpayers Party hadn't put Dr. Paul on the LA ballot, I would probably have made another stupid choice, going for the least among all of the evils running. I was relieved to be able to vote my conscience; the other vote I'm proud of was in 2000 when I voted for Harry Browne. All others have been for Dems or Republicans.

That will no longer be the case, starting NOW. No one but Paul in 2012...and no others but true liberty/Constitution candidates going forward.

1988 Bush (Yes, I regretted it.)
    1992 Did not vote
    1996 Did not vote
    2000 Did not vote
    2004 Did not vote
    2008 Paul (write-in)

I may have written "none of the above" once or twice.

I can't stand people who refuse to vote yet bitch and whine about the current state of the nation.
    How is being unhappy with the State relevant to voting? The people who don't vote but still complain, it is because they view their limited options as Hitler vs Stalin, Obama vs Romney, getting shot in the left foot vs getting shot in the right foot, etc. If all options are equally bad, there is no point in voting, yet complaining still makes sense.

"You can't complain if you don't vote!"... is making the assumption that you don't view your limited options as equally worthless. It also assumes that your vote is the same as having an actual choice.

Dupes — a large class, no doubt — each of whom, because he is allowed one voice out of millions in deciding what he may do with his own person and his own property, and because he is permitted to have the same voice in robbing, enslaving, and murdering others, that others have in robbing, enslaving, and murdering himself, is stupid enough to imagine that he is a "free man. - Lysander Spooner
    I am voting for Ron Paul because I actually agree with everything he says.

But when face with Mr. X who I disagree with 90% and Mr. Y who I disagree with 90%, I will not vote, and still complain. Even if I agree with one person more than the other, but still disagree with both of them mostly, there are certain things I cannot morally support. Any candidate who is a warmonger instantly loses my support, I don't care if I agree with everything else they say.

I refused to call myself a Republican until Ron Paul.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

I have never voted before. I will be voting on Feb 7th in the MN caucus. RP temporarily cured my apathy, but I know our battle is too great to overcome tyranny without divine intervention. My motivation is to help others awake to a sense of their awful situation, so that they can prepare for tough times to come.
    Last edited by iamse7en; 01-25-2012 at 10:56 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's because you never thought it through. Refusing to vote is a valid option. More importantly, it's a rejection of either, or both, the candidates on the table and the system itself.
    If you DO vote, you take part in a system that's been a sham for decades (and that's being kind). You validate the system, and are forced to accept whoever takes power if your person 'loses'. Some of us do not believe in empowering individuals to 'rule' a nation, especially a super power.

Nothing annoys me more than people who think voting gives them some special privilege to 'bitch and whine' when in fact their voting is the very thing that led us down this path.

If anyone doesn't have a right to complain, it's those who have been voting down party lines their entire life... they brought us here. They got what they asked for.

I'm glad Dr. Paul cured your apathy
    Many people think non-voters are 'apathetic'. In many cases, it's not that. Many of us care deeply about our world. That's WHY we have never voted, because there has never been anyone that could possibly represent us.

I'll grant I'm a special case -- I think voting is actually morally and ethically repugnant because I do not agree with our political system whatsoever. Voting, in almost all cases, is part of the problem, not part of the solution. This election is different, because we are so ridiculously close to WWIII and neck deep in a police state, and have a man of such integrity and character as an option, that despite my opposition to voting, I believe it's the only practical option if we want to avert disaster.
    Last edited by affa; 01-25-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

NOBP
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    That's because you never thought it through. Refusing to vote is our right.
    If you DO vote, you take part in a system that's been a sham for decades. You validate the system, and are forced to accept whoever takes power if your person 'loses'.

Nothing annoys me more than people who think voting gives them some special privilege to 'bitch and whine' when in fact their voting is the very thing that led us down this path.
    I disagree.

You have the choice not to play their game by voting for a third party or writing in someone you like. Sure, it's unlikely he'll win but if more people actually did this we might actually have a viable third party for once and it would really hurt then destroy the two party scam. At every level of politics with the exception of those who actually truly support Ron Paul, vote for a third party, any third party. Remember, Ron Paul voted ALONE in his silent protest for decades while in congress. Follow his example, be a true supporter because one day you'll actually make a difference or you can at least say "I tried".
    It's Happening.
    Vote for the man with two first names.
    It's Paul or nothing.

I have voted many times in my lifetime. Several times I have regretted voting for that person later but you never know if the person that ran against the one you voted for would have been worse. In 2008 I liked what Ron Paul was saying but didn't think he had a chance. I will never do that again. This year I have been more involved in the process than ever before. I went to two townhall meetings held in Iowa and volunteered to help with the caucus. I was precinct captain at my precinct and gave a speech for Ron Paul. I have never felt so strongly that the man I voted for was the strongest candidate. Everything he says makes sense. The others tell you stuff that you don't think is right and then you wonder if they know something more than they are telling. Well, I'm convinced that if they can't tell you what their position is and why it is they are either lying to you or trying to look smarter than they actually are. Gingrich and Santorum are both notorious for this tactic. I'm going to vote for Ron Paul this fall even if I have to write him in. No more compromises for me.

I voted. I considered it a civic duty, like giving blood. But I didn't vote in primaries because all the candidates were worthless.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I converted my 63 year old mother to vote for Ron Paul. She now says she will never vote for the lesser of the two evils again. Amazing what Ron Paul can do to people.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 01-25-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    - Josef Stalin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast