Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOMEONE tweet Wead or something!

SOMEONE tweet Wead or something!

Can someone let Wead know that Ron needs to BELT IT OUT OF THE PARK TOMORROW!!!!

He needs to do something. A great debate performance is worth millions in advertising.

He needs a way to turn the marginalization around on them. Attacking the hosts worked for Newt. Or call them out on their biasness "Why do you not allow the American voters to decide which candidate can best turn this country around when you ask canned questions to two of the most status quo/establishment candidates up here. It seems unfair that you are trying to create the narrative for the voter. You should ask & treat all candidates equally. Equal time. Let them all answer the same questions." or something.

I don't know... perception is everything and Faux and radio bobble-heads are creating the narrative of "last place" because of S.C. "He is dangerous" etc...

We need a watershed moment. I like Wead, I think he is great - but his debating tact is good for the long haul, it isn't good when you are trying to climb your way out of a hole and make sharp and concise impressions in the moment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He needs to say what he WILL do, not just what he WON'T do on foreign policy and he needs to point out he is the ONLY ONE who would not cut Social Security and medicare yet would balance the budget in 3 years WITHOUT using the words 'transition plan' which leads the elderly to think he won't pull the rug out THIS year but will NEXT. He won't harm it for those who paid in and will let the young opt out, is a very different thing.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I agree. We won't win or even get 2nd in FL no matter what, but 3rd is of utmost importance for perception of "who should drop out", and to prove there is still some momentum. It's time to go on offense during these debates. Call the media out. Ignore stupid questions and answer what he will do to keep Social Security and Medicare financed. Stop saying what we won't do around the world with our military and say what we will do here and if we are attacked.

I think RP has switched to preacher mode, which is also fine. When you do presidential marketing you don't voice the message of liberty. So its not an easy dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    He needs to do something. A great debate performance is worth millions in advertising.
    It's also worth millions in the campaign coffers. Moneybombs work a lot better when the grassroots are fired up. An A+ debate gets us more amped up and attracts more potential donors.

I always say the best thing he can do is have a call to action. It doesn't really matter what it is, but give the people something to do!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

For that he has to stop spreading the message of liberty and instead do cheap marketing tricks and one liners. Not sure if that's what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by eugenekop View Post
    For that he has to stop spreading the message of liberty and instead do cheap marketing tricks and one liners. Not sure if that's what we want.
    We want to win. I don't believe "liberty" needs to be conveyed in a specific way. Look at the great speakers of the past.. MLK, Kennedy etc.. even the knucklehead Obama -- their message is one the people love. They speak about liberty/freedom/jobs etc.... True, it matters what happens afterwards... but Ron Paul's message can be preached like fiery brimstone... if he did. That is all it would take.

We talked about this in 2007. Same issues. I just hope Wead or someone can instill it in Ron or tweak it so that it resonates more.

1. Ron needs to act like he wants to be there.. Tuesdays debate looked like he wasnt
    2. If Doug Weade/Bruce Fein/Benton/Jack Hunter explain Ron Paul better then Ron Paul does, its a problem
    3. In relation to #2, Millions of people are watching Ron Paul at the debates.. his surrogate spokespeople are not watched by millions no matter how awesome they are. His delivery needs to change and fast...

I love Ron as much as the next guy , but im being a realist..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He needs to say what he WILL do, not just what he WON'T do on foreign policy and he needs to point out he is the ONLY ONE who would not cut Social Security and medicare yet would balance the budget in 3 years WITHOUT using the words 'transition plan' which leads the elderly to think he won't pull the rug out THIS year but will NEXT. He won't harm it for those who paid in and will let the young opt out, is a very different thing.

YES!!

We want to win. I don't believe "liberty" needs to be conveyed in a specific way. Look at the great speakers of the past.. MLK, Kennedy etc.. even the knucklehead Obama -- their message is one the people love. They speak about liberty/freedom/jobs etc.... True, it matters what happens afterwards... but Ron Paul's message can be preached like fiery brimstone... if he did. That is all it would take.

We talked about this in 2007. Same issues. I just hope Wead or someone can instill it in Ron or tweak it so that it resonates more.
    I agree. People want passion and conviction.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I think one of ther key buzzwords for Republican audiences is "strong" - Romney drops it all the time. RP even used it along with a fist clench recently.
    Perhaps Paul could explain how liberty is much "stronger" way of living than relying on a nanny state, that the strongest leaders resist the use of violence - discretion is the better part of valor etc.

Why do we all see this.. but the campaign doesn't? I am not understanding it.

You can still spread the message of liberty without pandering or playing dirty politics... Its all about communication.... The message and the delivery shouldnt be mutually exclusive.

When you have always been the smartest guy in the room you have a tendency to hedge your way into concepts because people have and will walk away. They are insulted that you are challenging their constructs if you just say something with assurance. Ron's defense mechanism is to kind of stutter his way into concepts to let the listeners guard down that these are not intellectual decrees but more softball think-abouts. I don't know if this can or should be changed. The concept of positive versus negative as to what you would do under given policies is tough in that it is in the same grey area in public perception as rights which to be exercised have to be exercised or made positive. But some people will get downright pissed at you for exercising your rights. What brings cheers from one group brings jeers from another. I think just stick to his guns and no stuttering into concepts as a defense mechanism. Let the other clowns trash each other. Let no slight pass without at least an attempt with hand gestures to speak.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Why do we all see this.. but the campaign doesn't? I am not understanding it.
    Why do you assume that they don't understand it? I'm pretty sure that they do.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

I agree SS should be a big one liner tonight. He is likely only to get 6 minutes, so he needs a shock couple liner that grabs attention.

Something along the lines. Voters, I am the one to elect so your SS continues. The others intend to keep on spending and having wars until there will be no money left for your SS. I intend to prevent that by cutting the debt, closing the billion dollar embassies, bringing troops home to create spending here, letting younger people opt out of SS while protecting those that are on SS etc.

If Ron intends to be President, he needs to be able to be forceful and not Mr. nice this time. As President, he will have to be not nice many times. Lower the voice and take command tonight, jump in and don't let the MSM shoot those crap questions without blowback.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think you have to tweet the person closest to Ron or at least would have the most influence. Jesse, maybe John Tate...but I doubt that they even have that much of an influence. I think Ron does his own thing for whatever reason. Obviously he is aware that he can do a better job with his delivery but as they say: "to know and not to do, is not to know."

To be fair, Ron has made a few changes to his message: 1. He talks about not attacking child and elderly healthcare 2. he uses the words strong national defense and distinguishes military from defense spending. 3. He has attacked Santorum and Newt on their records in the debates when asked.

Anything else that we have seen him change up?

He has got to do something because the media is will move to suggest how the campaign is moving towards irrelevancy.

Lol, that's it Sarge, no more Mr. nice guy, be in charge.

He could be Mr. nice after he garners the nomination.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Ron is the cash cow for every one of these guys in the campaign. And they know he's going to be the cash cow long after this campaign is over. They will do nothing to jeopardize their future on the money train. They will not tell him the truth and they will not challenge his natural inclination to refuse debate coaching. He is stubborn, and they are worthless in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BKom View Post
    Ron is the cash cow for every one of these guys in the campaign. And they know he's going to be the cash cow long after this campaign is over. They will do nothing to jeopardize their future on the money train. They will not tell him the truth and they will not challenge his natural inclination to refuse debate coaching. He is stubborn, and they are worthless in this respect.
    ================

i believe he needs to attack & expose the billionaires that are funding Newt & Santorum's PACs
    "Here is my advice as we begin the century that will lead to 2081. First, guard the freedom of ideas at all costs. Be alert that dictators have always played on the natural human tendency to blame others and to oversimplify. And don't regard yourself as a guardian of freedom unless you respect and preserve the rights of people you disagree with to free, public, unhampered expression." -Gerard K. O'Neill (space settlement pioneer)

He needs a powerful, memorable, catchy line. That's all.

Then SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL WEAD OR TATE OR BENSON!! RON Needs to Input some serious knowledge in a way that people get it!

1. Social Security : My plan keeps your social security in place. I am a senior (laugh), I understand your issues. I also predicted the economic collapse while all these others were shaking lobbyist hands. They want endless debt, endless war - you wont have Social Security with them. It will all come crashing down. My plan protects you.

2. Call out the media for their obvious biasness. "Many of these networks get subsidies from the government and/or are part of larger parent companies who are part of the Military Industrial Complex. A few even received bailouts. You think they want me to have an equal voice in this election? I want to stop all of this cronyism and special treatment at your expense..."

3. FOREIGN POLICY : The media & radio talking heads have twisted my foreign policy, and perhaps I haven't clearly stated it. "IF OUR NATIONAL SECURITY IS THREATENED AND I go to congress for a declaration of war!! WE GO IN AND WE WIN IT AND WE GET OUT!! This is why there was no "declaration of war". The intent was never to leave these places.. but to occupy them. This has made us less safe. We all know it. My way. We mind our own business. You want to tangle with us. Lets do it constutionally and get in/win it. Get out"

Yes, THIS times a million.

People think Paul's idea of national defense is "bringing the troops home and talking to other countries". And frankly, I don't blame them. That's what the media says, and Dr. Paul isn't exactly saying anything differently. Bringing the troops home and diplomacy is an important aspect of his foreign policy, but it says nothing about national defense. He needs to define the characteristics of a strong national defense HIMSELF so people stop making their own assumptions. Mitt did a little bit of this last debate by talking about the Navy. There's no reason why Paul can't do the same.

I will donate $100 tomorrow night if he gets specific on national defense.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ad,

I agree.

He needs to set up the up coming caucus states tonight by, taking charge no matter what.

I agree with all of the above, and if I had to relay only 1 message to an already busy campaign (and an even busier Ron), I would relay the part in bold. Well said. This will win him literally hundreds of thousands of voters.

He needs to go beyond "protect our borders" and "bring the troops home".

People need to know how Ron Paul is going to protect America from getting attacked. He needs to tell people what he will do to PREVENT the attack without causing a war with his actions.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

I say he threaten default and point to the culprits standing next to him as to why it will happen. Then point to the camera and say with a slight pause for it to sit in... then say Obama so people think "oh, I thought he was going to say me for a second."

...but we all know it was because of those idiots watching with no clue. Tee hee!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

he needs to do something that will get people to actually talk about him after the debate is over. Desperate times call for desperate measures
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    he needs to do something that will get people to actually talk about him after the debate is over. Desperate times call for desperate measures
    YES YES YES YES YES YES

Quote Originally Posted by bcreps85 View Post
    I agree. We won't win or even get 2nd in FL no matter what, but 3rd is of utmost importance for perception of "who should drop out", and to prove there is still some momentum. It's time to go on offense during these debates. Call the media out. Ignore stupid questions and answer what he will do to keep Social Security and Medicare financed. Stop saying what we won't do around the world with our military and say what we will do here and if we are attacked.
    I'm not thinking of Florida so much, but the upcoming caucus state voters are watching these debates, as well. Florida, I hope we get third in, but we've already written off 'perception' for what it's worth, in pursuit of mathematical advantage in delegates, so we can't complain if we come in fourth in Florida. I'd love a third, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast