Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP liberty dollar activist B. von NotHaus facing 22y in jail by WRITING his JUDGE

Exclamation PLEASE HELP liberty dollar activist B. von NotHaus facing 22y in jail by WRITING his JUDGE

Most of you probably know the liberty dollar story, but here is a brief summary (if you know the story, continue reading below the line)
    The Liberty Dollar (ALD) was a private currency produced in the United States. The currency was issued in minted metal rounds (i.e. coins), gold and silver certificates and electronic currency (eLD). ALD certificates are "warehouse receipts" for real gold and silver owned by the bearer, ALD certificate holders according to court documents are about 250,000 people.

The metal was warehoused at Sunshine Minting in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, prior to a November 2007 raid by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Secret Service. Until July 2009, the Liberty Dollar was distributed by Liberty Services (formerly known as NORFED), based in Evansville, Indiana. It was created by Bernard von NotHaus, the co-founder of the Royal Hawaiian Mint Company.[3] In May 2009, von NotHaus and others were charged with federal crimes in connection with the Liberty Dollar and, on July 31, 2009, von NotHaus announced that he had closed the Liberty Dollar operation, pending resolution of the criminal charges. On March 18, 2011, von NotHaus was found guilty on various counts, including the making of counterfeit coins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Dollar

It gets even worse, the FBI calls these actions of Mr von NotHaus domestic terrorism, this is a FBI press release:
    Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Tompkins said in announcing the verdict. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country,” she added. “We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption, and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government.”
    h xx p://www.fbi.gov/charlotte/press-releases/2011/defendant-convicted-of-minting-his-own-currency

Ron Paul has shown sympathy for Mr von NotHaus:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the news: Yesterday BVNH was a guest on the Alex Jones show. I know AJ is a sensationalist and hard to listen to but that's not the point here.

Bernard von NotHaus told AJ that he is probably facing 22 years in jail for practicing civil disobedience. It's even questionable whether he really broke the law.
    He is asking YOU to write letters to his judge in order to make him change his mind.

Here is the adress of the judge:
    United States District Court
    The Honorable Judge Richard Voorhees
    704-350-7440
    250 Charles R. Jonas Federal Bldg.
    401 West Trade Street
    Charlotte , NC 28202

http://www.ncwd.uscourts.gov/Chambers/Judges.aspx

Please friends of liberty, write letters to help this man, every letter counts!

you can also write emails to Bernard: bernard@libertydollar.org

Here is the video from the Alex Jones show from 1-23-12, the interview starts at 3:50

Part 2 of the interview, just ignore the ranting of AJ, Bernard starts talking at 6:00
    Last edited by swissaustrian; 01-24-2012 at 08:37 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This a travesty what they have done to Bernard von Nothaus! They are just trying to make him an example so no other people try this. Congress abdicated their powers to a private corporation a long time ago, the Federal Reserve doesn't like any competition! The Federal Reserve are the ones who counterfiet!!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This a travesty what they have done to Bernard von Nothaus! They are just trying to make him an example so no other people try this. Congress abdicated their powers to a private corporation a long time ago, the Federal Reserve doesn't like any competition! The Federal Reserve are the ones who counterfiet!!
    The FBI press release on the case reads like it was satire, talking about him beeing a domestic terrorist and the need to infiltrate the people supporting him:
    h xx p://www.fbi.gov/charlotte/press-releases/2011/defendant-convicted-of-minting-his-own-currency

I bought a $10 Liberty silver piece (they're pieces, not coins), from him at CPAC awhile ago. I think his marketing was questionable, but to call it terrorism is outrageous.

They are just laying the groundwork so that anyone who uses anything (like gold and silver) for currency rather than FRN's can be labelled a "domestic terrorist" and, well you know how the rest works.
    Heads and Hips, Heads and Hips!

this stinks like...
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Part of von NotHaus's problem was how he marketed the money. He made them in the similar shape of US coins. In videos where he's out buying things, he would say "I can give you this $10 federal reserve note, or I can give you this $10 silver piece" and then drop it in their hand. They always take the silver. Now, he never says it's US currency, but he's certainly implying it by comparing it to the $10 FRN.

If he made these things as small silver bars or something, I don't think they would have gone after him. Of course, no one in his videos would have accepted it either since the piece of metal wouldn't be in the shape of a coin, and they would be much more skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Part of von NotHaus's problem was how he marketed the money. He made them in the similar shape of US coins. In videos where he's out buying things, he would say "I can give you this $10 federal reserve note, or I can give you this $10 silver piece" and then drop it in their hand. They always take the silver. Now, he never says it's US currency, but he's certainly implying it by comparing it to the $10 FRN.

If he made these things as small silver bars or something, I don't think they would have gone after him. Of course, no one in his videos would have accepted it either since the piece of metal wouldn't be in the shape of a coin, and they would be much more skeptical.
    He certainly made mistakes, but - as you said above - the proposed punishment of 22 years in prison and the labeling of his actions as terrorism is just totally unacceptable.
    If he gets a few months (on probation) and a fine, it would be acceptable, but this is just outrageous.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Im passing the point of no return as far as my perspective of government.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

22 Years!
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    22 Years!
    How much will that cost taxpayers?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    22 Years!
    As far as I understand this, it's the highest possible sentence for the crimes he's suspected of and they're going right for it.

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    As far as I understand this, it's the highest possible sentence for the crimes he's suspected of and they're going right for it.
    Of course they are, they will make an example out of him. He did shoot himself in the foot a bit though with they way he was not really honest about the Liberty dollar. It looked to me at least that the person on the receiving end did not realize the coins were not "real" money (actually the are more "real" than frns imho but that is not the point). I think the people accepting the money thought at the time their bank would value the coin at $10 when that was not the case.

What laws are they saying he broke? Specifically.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    How much will that cost taxpayers?
    Excellent question.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    What laws are they saying he broke? Specifically.
    According to the following article:
    was found guilty of making coins resembling and similar to United States coins; of issuing, passing, selling and possessing Liberty Dollar coins; of issuing and passing Liberty Dollar coins intended for use as current money; and of conspiracy against the United States.
    http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...-found-guilty/
    It seems, anything related to counterfeiting, i.e. counterfeiting the counterfeiters work at the FED...

Additionally, the FBI mentions domestic terrorism (is that a specific crime or just a label?):
    Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Tompkins said in announcing the verdict. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country,” she added. “We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption, and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government.”

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Are any of those videos still online anywhere? I remember seeing one about a town that used Liberty dollars, but I cant find it anymore.

Domestic terrorism .Obama is a domestic terrorist.

This is outrageous. Why is no one talking about this?
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Quote Originally Posted by KingRobbStark View Post
    This is outrageous. Why is no one talking about this?
    Alex Jones had him on yesterday, see the videos in the op.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    Domestic terrorism .Obama is a domestic terrorist.
    Obama's biography is commonly considered to be actually written by one of the few genuine US-grown terrorists there is - Bill Ayers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzzImAsleep View Post
    Are any of those videos still online anywhere? I remember seeing one about a town that used Liberty dollars, but I cant find it anymore.

Last edited by swissaustrian; 01-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.

On an aside, how valuable do you think those 2008 Ron Paul silver 1oz rounds will be four or five years from now? Last I heard, there were only 10,000 or so of them in existence, and only 3,500 or so of the copper rounds. I have never seen a gold round for sale in the short time I have kept tabs on them on ebay.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Tompkins said in announcing the verdict. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country,” she added. “We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption, and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government.”
    This entire statement made me laugh....."undermine the legitimate currency"......"clear and present danger to the economic stability". It is the "legitimate" currency that is the real clear and present danger.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by slamhead View Post
    This entire statement made me laugh....."undermine the legitimate currency"......"clear and present danger to the economic stability". It is the "legitimate" currency that is the real clear and present danger.

This guy is doing something We should be doing in a consolidated concerted effort to regain our Constitutional lives.

He is being taken down because he stands alone. United We stand.

We need our own currency, militia, etc. and to reside in close proximity to one another for the purpose of a common defense.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    On an aside, how valuable do you think those 2008 Ron Paul silver 1oz rounds will be four or five years from now? Last I heard, there were only 10,000 or so of them in existence, and only 3,500 or so of the copper rounds. I have never seen a gold round for sale in the short time I have kept tabs on them on ebay.

US $219.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ron-Paul-Dol...item2eb77d6719
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    He certainly made mistakes, but - as you said above - the proposed punishment of 22 years in prison and the labeling of his actions as terrorism is just totally unacceptable.
    If he gets a few months (on probation) and a fine, it would be acceptable, but this is just outrageous.
    Yes, most definitely.

Yes, when he was going to people to give them the silver pieces, he presented them as if they were some new coin issued by the US as the average person just working a regular job might assume, not knowing a bank wouldn't take it or something. But I mean how is that a crime either way? Crime of other peoples ignorance? Of course his money will resemble the fiat trash we have today
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

thankfully he is having a trial and not being "erased" !
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast