Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newt Gingrich wants a permanent Moon base & mining colony; manned mission to Mars

There was an article today in my local newspaper (Macedonia) how the USA will have to change its flag after Newt becomes president cause you will have to add a moon to the 50 stars you have now

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Newt's Moon Colony: 250 - 500 Billion Dollars

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/27/pf/n...lony/index.htm

Plus, NASA's tab would have probably been much higher than $100 billion by the time it completed its mission and built a moon base, said John Logsdon, professor emeritus at George Washington University and founder of the school's Space Policy Institute. He says a similar mission today could cost somewhere between $250 billion to $500 billion.
    U.S. Wars (as of June 29, 2011): 3.7 - 4.4 TRILLION

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75S25320110629
    http://costsofwar.org/

(Reuters) - When President Barack Obama cited cost as a reason to bring troops home from Afghanistan, he referred to a $1 trillion price tag for America's wars.

Staggering as it is, that figure grossly underestimates the total cost of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the U.S. Treasury and ignores more imposing costs yet to come, according to a study released on Wednesday.

The final bill will run at least $3.7 trillion and could reach as high as $4.4 trillion, according to the research project "Costs of War" by Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies.
    It is cheaper to build a colony on the moon and fly all of Al-queda up to live there, than it is to police the world running around and killing people!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.thespacereview.com/article/2015/1

Campaign lunacy

A major change in NASA would also likely run into strong Congressional opposition, particularly if it threatened existing NASA facilities or the current contracts of major aerospace firms. Gingrich argued his past experience as Speaker of the House would help him push through any new space initiative. “I suspect that, having been Speaker, and having served in the House for 20 years, I have a reasonable level of understanding of how to move the institutions,” he said in Wednesday’s forum with local space leaders in Florida.

While Romney’s approach of bringing together leaders in the space community to work together and develop a plan for NASA sounded like a common-sense approach, it seemed to many to simply repeat history. A few months after taking office in 2009, for example, President Obama commissioned his own study of NASA’s human spaceflight program, a group commonly known as the Augustine Committee. And, after rolling out the Vision for Space Exploration in 2004, President Bush had his own group—commonly called the Aldridge Commission—provide feedback on the plan. How will yet another blue-ribbon panel provide lasting direction for NASA? It’s also not clear if his call for having other agencies and companies financially support NASA—a comment Romney has not repeated since the Tampa debate last Monday—would have much support with either the military or the private sector.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

they want to change the MASS OF THE MOON, wonder if that will change its orbit?

and they call dr paul crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    One of Newt's nicknames in congress was "Newt Skywalker."

Newt to the Future

hahahaha

Looks ike Newt had it about right if anyone is paying attention to the space program.

Lots and lots of things are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    One of Newt's nicknames in congress was "Newt Skywalker."

Newt to the Future

They now support Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    They now support Rand.

Obama's birthplace...........
    "The Patriarch"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12