Thread: Precincts?

Precincts?

Did Ron Paul win any counties, precincts or anything in 2008 in Colorado?
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No. He was a distant 4th while Romney ran away with over 60% of the vote. Mittens won all but 8 counties here.
    Last edited by COpatriot; 01-23-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

So...what is the plan to win this time there?
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by realtonygoodwin View Post
    So...what is the plan to win this time there?
    Organization. Same as in Iowa.

When I cast my vote at my precinct last time, it was only me and three family members that came me that voted for Ron Paul. All the rest were for McCain, Romney, Guiliani... It was pretty disgusting. I also remember the precinct leader asking for suggestions for what issues the GOP should focus on. I suggested states rights, and nobody seemed to understand what I was talking about. I then suggested the Fed, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. Finally, I suggested that the 2nd amendment and gun rights should be stronger, and there were a few gasps by old ladies that couldn't believe what I had just said. One of them even asked if I was serious, while shaking her head. Yes, this is the republican party nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    When I cast my vote at my precinct last time, it was only me and three family members that came me that voted for Ron Paul. All the rest were for McCain, Romney, Guiliani... It was pretty disgusting. I also remember the precinct leader asking for suggestions for what issues the GOP should focus on. I suggested states rights, and nobody seemed to understand what I was talking about. I then suggested the Fed, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. Finally, I suggested that the 2nd amendment and gun rights should be stronger, and there were a few gasps by old ladies that couldn't believe what I had just said. One of them even asked if I was serious, while shaking her head. Yes, this is the republican party nowadays.
    Did you or any of your family volunteer to be a delegate? Also, a good way to approach it with the neo-cons is to not pledge support for Ron Paul. Don't out yourself as a Ron Paul supporter either directly or by way of resolutions (i.e. ending the Fed). Just parrot typical Republican talking points while showing that you're dedicated to being a delegate.

Are all of you Coloradans making voter ID calls into your precincts with VoterTracker? I just found my first Paul supporter tonight!
    Thank you for all of your service Ron Paul. You have awakened a great number of liberty minded folks, and inspired many to run for office themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Monotaur View Post
    Are all of you Coloradans making voter ID calls into your precincts with VoterTracker? I just found my first Paul supporter tonight!
    Yep. Found my first Paul supporter the other night! He was actually entered in as a precinct captain. The way I found him though was by getting access to the old precinct numbers that make up my new precinct. I highly suggest you contact Matt Holdridge to see if he can grant you access to all of the old precincts that make up your new precinct. It might take a little bit of research to find the old ones, but once you figure it out, definitely request access to the other precincts!

If you're in Denver, you can use this link to find the old precincts: http://denverdems.org/resource/maps and then match them up here http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/703...2011-12-22.pdf

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, so are the precincts in VoterTracker the old or new precincts? I guess I'm not familiar with the differences between old and new precincts.

And I'm in Boulder, by the way.
    Thank you for all of your service Ron Paul. You have awakened a great number of liberty minded folks, and inspired many to run for office themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Monotaur View Post
    Oh, so are the precincts in VoterTracker the old or new precincts? I guess I'm not familiar with the differences between old and new precincts.

And I'm in Boulder, by the way.
    EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I guess I'm not 100% sure if other counties were re-drawn. Either way, if so, your old precinct will contain much of your new precinct. In Denver the precincts got a bit bigger.
    --

They are the older precincts, unfortunately. I'm not sure if they will even be able to get the new precincts into votertracker in time because I believe they are waiting for the secretary of state to release the new precinct information. Pretty ridiculous that they haven't released that info yet.
    Last edited by jctii0; 01-26-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jctii0 View Post
    EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I guess I'm not 100% sure if other counties were re-drawn. Either way, if so, your old precinct will contain much of your new precinct. In Denver the precincts got a bit bigger.
    --

They are the older precincts, unfortunately. I'm not sure if they will even be able to get the new precincts into votertracker in time because I believe they are waiting for the secretary of state to release the new precinct information. Pretty ridiculous that they haven't released that info yet.
    Oh, wow, thanks for the info. Yeah that is ridiculous...