Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No One But Paul Money Bomb - Planning & Promotion - Goal: 20,000 Facebook Event Pledges!

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice banner, but is there anyway to clear that image up of Ron? If you got it from a YouTube video, I think the For Liberty documentary has that shot in it and it's probably much clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Nice banner, but is there anyway to clear that image up of Ron? If you got it from a YouTube video, I think the For Liberty documentary has that shot in it and it's probably much clearer.
    Yea we were looking for a better version of it, it came from the "You like Ron Paul except for his Foreign Policy" video, if you have a link to a higher res photo or video def. This is from the Rally for Republic for those that don't know, if anyone has a high res photo of this that would rock too, Dave says "it would be more perfect then peanut butter ice cream, and peanut butter ice cream is awesome sauce."
    Last edited by orenbus; 01-23-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I think the For Liberty documentary has that shot in it and it's probably much clearer.
    Maybe not, I just checked and couldn't find it.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHoeberX View Post
    Orenbus, can you perhaps give one ultra large size of the background. Perhaps desktop-background size? Thanks!
    What is your background size of your desktop? If you set your background to black, it should blend into black pretty well unless you want something specific. Dave says when he gets some free time he can make some backgrounds.

I'm going to keep track of attendance progress at the top of the first post like we did with Black This Out. So at midnight we had about 420 pledges. This can be hard to keep track of, so I wanted to ask others to keep track of the numbers also and post them at midnight in case you're online.

In case anyone needs specific information for promoting on facebook here is a cheatsheet for dimensions and max characters:

http://www.noonebutpaul.com/docs/fac...dimensions.pdf
    Last edited by orenbus; 01-23-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Dave couldn't go to sleep because now he has peanut butter ice cream on his mind.

Lol!

Why do the numbers keep dropping on the event? It was at 415, then it dropped to 410, then it was 427 and now it's 420. Maybe this has to do with changing the banner too many times? People on the page are complaining about it.

Yea that could be there also seems to be people being invited to the event that are not necessarily Ron Paul supporters, joining and then being like um why did I get invited to this after they had already accepted and then dropping which could be causing that, I noticed that happening earlier. But I do agree with that one guy about status messages being annoying from facebook event, it's a reason I also don't normally join events in facebook. It seems any time we make any change to the event even if it's not date/time changes they get announced and an email sent out, wish there was a way to turn that off. Either way I don't imagine us having too many changes to the event page going forward, and they could always turn off notifications of people posting on the event page can't they? In any case for those like that one guy that don't like the idea of joining facebook event we do have the site they can pledge through instead.
    Last edited by orenbus; 01-24-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Found this cool charting website, so I'll keep it updated...

Jan 21 - 181
    Jan 22 - 257 (76)
    Jan 23 - 420 (163)

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    What is your background size of your desktop? If you set your background to black, it should blend into black pretty well unless you want something specific. Dave says when he gets some free time he can make some backgrounds.
    lol, it's for the video! ;-) I would like to have a banner with a 700 height. I produce videos in 1280 x 720
    Last edited by GHoeberX; 01-24-2012 at 03:02 AM.
    ---============[My Ron Paul Videos ]============---
    Ron Paul: The Last One (jan. 2012) | Ron Paul Grassroots Energy (jan. 2012) | The American Upset (nov. 2011)
    Free At Last (jan. 2008) | Ron Paul Rising (dec. 2007)| Land of the Free (nov. 2007)

lol, it's for the video! ;-) I would like to have a banner with a 700 height. I produce videos in 1280 x 720
    Doh, my bad. Okay, I'll see about getting one today.

I'm in.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Automated grabbing latest Facebook pledge total per hour for current day and charting it:

http://www.noonebutpaul.com/

Will do same for total per day so we have some automatic reporting.

#NoOneButPaul will...

Is going to be an epic Twitter hashtag meme

Jack, thoughts on copying/integrating system used by BlackoutSOPA.org ?

Doh, my bad. Okay, I'll see about getting one today.
    Or perhaps even better: instead of a banner; can you ask your designer to make some kind of closing title screen for my video (max 1280 x 720 px) that would be great.

Only a banner is fine too, but then I'll add texts myself and I think your designer can do a better job than I with this!
    Ron Paul: The Last One (jan. 2012) | Ron Paul Grassroots Energy (jan. 2012) | The American Upset (nov. 2011)
    Free At Last (jan. 2008) | Ron Paul Rising (dec. 2007)| Land of the Free (nov. 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    thoughts on copying/integrating system used by BlackoutSOPA.org ?
    Will look into it.
    Last edited by orenbus; 01-24-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    #NoOneButPaul will...

Is going to be an epic Twitter hashtag meme

Jack, thoughts on copying/integrating system used by BlackoutSOPA.org ?
    What is this you're talking about?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielyao View Post
    No One But Paul... Got applause during tonight's debate. FL supporters FTW!
    Someone shouted that at the debate? Cool!
    Last edited by Bruno; 01-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Will the TeaParty11 and BTO email lists be used to contact people about No One But Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Count me in!

Someone shouted that at the debate? Cool!
    I think Nathaniel was trying to say that he thought Ron Paul was the only who got applause during the debate. Although I think Mitt Romney got applause as well yesterday!

Or perhaps even better: instead of a banner; can you ask your designer to make some kind of closing title screen for my video (max 1280 x 720 px) that would be great.

Only a banner is fine too, but then I'll add texts myself and I think your designer can do a better job than I with this!
    Here you go

http://www.noonebutpaul.com/images/video_1280.jpg

Ok, I just updated all the images on the first post with the updated logo. Are the pledge widgets being worked on behind the scenes? I've heard nothing about them yet on this thread.

Are the pledge widgets being worked on behind the scenes? I've heard nothing about them yet on this thread.
    Dave says here you go:

J/K

No but seriously what size is the banner we want? I noticed the one for BTO was kind of large:

http://www.blackthisout.com/thread/PledgeBanner.png

Did we want that size or just a traditional ad size like 728x90?
    Last edited by orenbus; 01-24-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Attendance Progress:

Jan 21 - 181
    Jan 22 - 257 (76)
    Jan 23 - 420 (163)
    Jan 24 - 499 (79)

Dave says here you go:

J/K

No but seriously what size is the banner we want? I noticed the one for BTO was kind of large:

http://www.blackthisout.com/thread/PledgeBanner.png

Did we want that size or just a traditional ad size like 728x90?
    The reason that banner image is so big is because I used the print screen button on my browser when it was zoomed in 125%. For the real sizes, check the thread I did for Tea Party 11. There were three sizes...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...TeaParty11.com

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is it possible if we can get a link on the main website to this planning thread so we can get some more activity here? It would be best if it was an image link, something that stands out so people don't gloss over it.

Joined, pledged, sent invites to friends on FB that are interested.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast