Thread: New member from New York

New member from New York

Hi guys My name is Chris, I'm new to the forums, not necessarily new to Ron Paul. I'm a High School student and a Junior in New York. Have always been somewhat interested in politics, mostly because my dad always has been and so, being young and impressionable, I naturally followed his ideologies (which is mostly a mainstream neo-conservative, anybody-but-Obama one). My first run-in with the liberty movement was when I was about 10 years old, going to a Rangers game in Manhattan with my father. We stopped for some reason near a public phone, one that donned an anti-Patriot Act sticker warning of phone-tapping. I asked my dad what it was, he muttered something about "Liberals" and tore the sticker off.

As I began to mature, I started to get very turned off by the anti-liberty, uber-religious, pro-war, and bigoted part of the Republican party (especially considering that I'm "gay").

It was about July 2011 that I first took serious note of Dr. Paul. The message of liberty planted its seed in my mind via YouTube, stumbling across a Ron Paul video, the content of which I can only describe as inspirational and infectious. And the rest is history .

I did post a video to YouTube basically recapping all of this (it was a video response to some guy undecided voter criticizing the Perry "Strong" ad). Should you decide to watch, forgive the audio delay, not sure what happened

www.youtube.com/watch?v=emd8EfZOLZw
    Last edited by cstarace; 01-19-2012 at 05:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome to the forums Chris!
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Cool story, and welcome to the forums, my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Welcome aboard! Too young to vote but it is the youth's enthusiasm that gives Dr. Paul energy to fight the good fight against tyranny and oppression!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Hey, welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Revolution, Chris!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Welcome Chris from a fellow New Yorker! Ron Paul is all about freedom for EVERYONE!