Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG!! Gingrich is Ron Pauling the Gold Standard!!

OMG!! Gingrich is Ron Pauling the Gold Standard!!

"Gingrich: U.S. should reconsider gold standard"
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/18/news...gold_standard/

The latest attempt at Ron Pauling Monetary Policies.....

It's interesting considering this currently-circulated Associated Press article contrasts Gingrich's position:

"GOP candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry both have called for firing Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and reining in monetary policy, but neither has endorsed a new gold standard. They and other Republicans have avoided ridiculing the idea, however, and alienating its ardent believers."
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 01-18-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    trying to get RP votes

Schiff_FTW

As if a gold standard is compatible with being the police man of the world.

The growth of Paul's influence is amazing. Two months ago did anyone imagine that we would have the hold we do over the national conversation? Both left and right are moving in our direction, and everyone wants to steal Paul's policies.

So how is he going to pay for his military adventurism and dictatorship, or any of his other insane domestic policy re: Drug War executions.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

When establishment Republicans begin to parrot Ron's ideas, that's all good for us! It helps dissolve the "crazy uncle" label.

here they go...

End of the article...

Other leading Republicans have echoed Gingrich's call to end the Fed's dual mandate. Texas Gov. Rick Perry, another presidential candidate, even suggested Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke might be guilty of treason if the Fed moved to buy more Treasuries in an attempt to spur greater growth.

Classic pandering to the Ron Paul base.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan5430 View Post
    here they go...

End of the article...

Other leading Republicans have echoed Gingrich's call to end the Fed's dual mandate. Texas Gov. Rick Perry, another presidential candidate, even suggested Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke might be guilty of treason if the Fed moved to buy more Treasuries in an attempt to spur greater growth.

Suddenly, a majority of GOP Presidential candidates are on the End the Fed bandwagon.

He doesn't understand it, and he is a whore. Not very confidence inspiring, I would think.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Someone considered by the peons to be more "electable" preaching the gospel of Paul isn't a good thing for us. Yes it's great when people debate the real issues, but only if they mean it. Gingrich isn't a dumb person. He knows that gold can't sustain a system of empire building like we have. It is pandering, and that is NEVER a good thing no matter what the pandering is over. No more spectacular than him coming to tell me that he read the Qu'ran and changed his mind about Muslims. Positive meaning cannot be drawn from a liar.

Scumbag politicians will say anything if they think it will get them votes. But of course they will only DO things that will get them money and power.

Sorry, you can't call Paul Ryan's moderate deficit decreases "Right-wing engineering" and then pretend to be serious about monetary policy..
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

Its catching on!!!
    Bad speller's of the world .... UNTIE !!!!!

I updated my opening thread with this:

It's interesting considering this currently-circulated Associated Press article contrasts Gingrich's position:

"GOP candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry both have called for firing Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and reining in monetary policy, but neither has endorsed a new gold standard. They and other Republicans have avoided ridiculing the idea, however, and alienating its ardent believers."
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

$#@! NEWT GINGRICH.

NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nasaal View Post
    Someone considered by the peons to be more "electable" preaching the gospel of Paul isn't a good thing for us.
    I think you underestimate the trust factor. In a world where trust is being steadily annihilated, a man like Ron Paul stands out like a diamond in a coal pit.

POS.

Make sure we credit Ron Paul in the various comment sections.

Quote Originally Posted by nasaal View Post
    Someone considered by the peons to be more "electable" preaching the gospel of Paul isn't a good thing for us. Yes it's great when people debate the real issues, but only if they mean it. Gingrich isn't a dumb person. He knows that gold can't sustain a system of empire building like we have. It is pandering, and that is NEVER a good thing no matter what the pandering is over. No more spectacular than him coming to tell me that he read the Qu'ran and changed his mind about Muslims. Positive meaning cannot be drawn from a liar.
    This is ON THE MONEY - no pun intended.

Firstly, there are many out there who will look at this and think "see, it's OK to vote for Noot" This may draw a good many fence sitters away from Paul if they think one of the others is now sufficiently "safe" from an issues/positions standpoint, particularly if they buy into the nonsense of "electability".

Secondly, I hold ZERO doubt in my mind that the moment that scurrilous freak takes the oath of office all talk of a gold standard will cease and he will retrench with "that's just crazy"... kind of the way his shack up was with the Pelosi.

Gingrich cannot be trusted to the door. As someone else wrote, he will say absolutely anything to get what he wants. I guarantee that were there enough molesters of little boys to guarantee him the seat, he would be out campaigning for the right to bugger children. He does not have the principles of gravel.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

This would be the worst thing ever: He would never, EVER suggest competing currencies or truly using gold as money. Rather, he would simply peg the value of a dollar to a weight of gold, while continuing to print as many as he liked. In other words, I guarantee he would merely place a price control on the value of gold, and when it failed, people would be led to believe that the gold standard failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

hes one dirty SOB

i wonder if obama will do something similar... seems hes trying to emulate ron paul and preparing for debates in the event ron gets the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I think you underestimate the trust factor. In a world where trust is being steadily annihilated, a man like Ron Paul stands out like a diamond in a coal pit.
    Trust factor? Gingrich is doing well in SC and FL as a guy who left his wife on her death bed. He has held every version of every view I can think of, and he backed Freddie before, during, and after the housing crash. Trust factor means nothing when considering politicians in this environment.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gingrich is the most dishonest candidate in the race. I have higher esteem of ANY candidate over Gingrich from the Green Party to Mitt Romney and from Rick Santorum to Barack Obama. I am just unable to believe any word he says and now it looks like he's going to finish ahead of several other candidates in the South Carolina GOP-race... *YUCK*
    Last edited by GHoeberX; 01-18-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    ---============[My Ron Paul Videos ]============---
    Ron Paul: The Last One (jan. 2012) | Ron Paul Grassroots Energy (jan. 2012) | The American Upset (nov. 2011)
    Free At Last (jan. 2008) | Ron Paul Rising (dec. 2007)| Land of the Free (nov. 2007)

Pandering and lip service, that's all that is.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

The same thing happened in 08, all of a sudden Hackebby and other where talking about the fed etc. ... Ridiculous...
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Gold standard alone still won't solve fractional reserve banking, manipulation of interest rates, and the moral hazards of the Federal Reserve and FDIC.

Nice to see him saying this, though. We can use this on those who still think going back to gold is a crazy idea.

In case everyone hasn't noticed, there is a huge media surge for Gingrich right now.

I have seen nothing but positive stories, and people seem to have enjoyed his debate performance.

So, we have a couple days to counter this. It is time we make "Serial Hypocrisy" viral again. Also, someone needs to make a video of Gingrich copying Paul on the Fed and other monetary policies.

Jim DeMint asked for Republicans to move toward Ron Pauls ideas on monetary policy.

this is Newt pandering to the people of SC that don't realize he is paying lip service. Its all about lying to the SC voters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast