Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheists for Ron Paul - Let's Gather for a Rational Discussion before the Debate tonight.

Atheists for Ron Paul - Let's Gather for a Rational Discussion before the Debate tonight.

I hope that Ron Paul had a good night's rest last night, and will preform well in the debate tonight. I also hope that some day, more of us will realize that superstition has never been the answer to any question, including the mystery of existence, and including how well Ron Paul will preform at the debate tonight.

We ask this, to Flying Spaghetti Monster,

Amen.

PS - I am also thankful that I have enough +rep to buffer the flurry of -rep that is about to ensue.
    Last edited by Esoteric; 01-16-2012 at 07:38 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    you do realize titles are tweeted right?

The Great Nullus neither approves nor disapproves of this thread.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I know it! We should delete the other prayer thread with the same title PRONTO!

Don't you think asking the Flying Spaghetti Monster to Help Ron Paul in the debate is a little superficial? He has the plight of the Poor and Sick to think about.

You Blaspheming ass!
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Are you just trying to piss people off?

(I'm atheist btw)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Atheist here, but this thread is pointless / counter productive.

I love that the R3volution is made up of so many DIVERSE wackos.

Seeing how my 'prayer' was removed from the other thread, I guess I'll hang here.
    HAIL ERIS!
    A Pagan For Paul!
    eb
    Been a long time....

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    The Great Nullus neither approves nor disapproves of this thread.
    RA approves.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Quote Originally Posted by ropo View Post

(I'm atheist btw)
    I'm not pissed off at the Christian thread. Also, I question your non-belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger29860 View Post
    you do realize titles are tweeted right?
    Why are titles tweeted? What purpose can this possibly serve?

(I'm atheist btw)
    Yes, he tends to do that.

Deist here hoping the best for Paul!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Just logged in to 1 star this pos thread.
    Why try to piss off the Christians?

Btw,i am not Christian,but i support their right to be.
    " Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last."
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video
    YouTube - Ron Paul rally in Bend, Oregon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVo1...eature=related

All your delegates are belong to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    I'm not pissed off at the Christian thread. Also, I question your non-belief.
    So if you're not pissed off, what was the point exactly?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I view this thread as trying to stir up a religious battle. If someone wants to pray for Ron Paul in a thread then they can. You don't have to mock my religion and make a thread like this -rep
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

(I'm atheist btw)
    He is trying to generate controversy so he can debate anyone with religious beliefs, and when the debate has ended, he will continue screaming and shouting from the rooftops hoping that someone is listening to him.

When he goes home after he realizes everyone hates him, he will go to reddit, go to r/Atheism, make a post about it and will continue the never-ending cirlclejerk.

All that, due to what are probably problems developing from childhood, and his everlasting need for attention.
    Last edited by bluesc; 01-16-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoonian View Post
    Just logged in to 1 star this pos thread.
    Why try to piss off the Christians?

Btw,i am not Christian,but i support their right to be.
    This shouldn't piss anyone off. I wasn't pissed off at the Christian prayer thread. I was highlighting the absurdity of a "debate prayer" thread with the same title. You also obviously don't support my right to be an Atheist. Why didn't you rate the Christian prayer thread 1-star?
    Last edited by Esoteric; 01-16-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Honestly, I'm more concerned with ending irrational trust in the state than ending irrational faith and superstition in deities/mysticism. I say this as an unapologetic Atheist.

I would much prefer a truly free society where people consciously chose to follow religion than a truly authoritarian and oppressive society/state where people on the whole had a lack of belief in God(s).

I don't think it ought to be an issue to emphasize on a political front, personally. Large tents and all of that.
    Last edited by Mises_to_Paul; 01-16-2012 at 07:44 PM.

I will +rep you to make up for this /\
    Terminus tela viaticus!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What time is the debate and how do I watch it?

Edit: And Should I watch it or is it going to be extremely boring?

damn good time to donate
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

This shouldn't piss anyone off. I wasn't pissed off at the Christian prayer thread. I was highlighting the absurdity of a "debate prayer" thread with the same title. You also obviously don't support my right to be an Atheist. Why didn't you rate the Christian prayer thread 1-star?
    From their perspective it's not absurd. Some people, for whatever reason, find their faith to be comforting. Whatever floats their boat is what I say. I only hold it against them when they begin to thump the bible rather than read it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Oh i know you made this thread "tongue in cheek",i just don't see the point of it.
    " Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last."
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video
    YouTube - Ron Paul rally in Bend, Oregon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVo1...eature=related

All your delegates are belong to us!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    He is trying to generate controversy so he can debate anyone with religious beliefs, and when the debate has ended, he will continue screaming and shouting from the rooftops hoping that someone is listening to him.

When he goes home after he realizes everyone hates him, he will go to reddit, go to r/Atheism, make a post about it and will continue the never-ending cirlclejerk.

All that, due to what are probably problems developing from childhood, and his everlasting need for attention.
    $#@!s for Ron Paul!!!11!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    $#@!s for Ron Paul!!!11!!
    Yes we are.

I'm agnostic since the existence of a "creator" cannot be proved or disproved. Ever. Believe what strikes you as the truth, and nothing else, but please don't try to convert me. Also, from a Christian/Jewish/Muslim POV why am I going to hell? Because I don't believe? What about all those cavemen before the covenant? Were they damned by chronology? The only thing that bugs me about revealed religion... everyone else is going to hell.
    Last edited by bolil; 01-16-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast