Thread: Santorum Distorts Constitution ie Happiness

Santorum Distorts Constitution ie Happiness

Recently heard Santorum state that the founders, those who wrote the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, used the word Happiness to exemplify a moral imperative, moreover that the Pursuit of Happiness, in the founders' eyes, is Moral Correctness.

I find nothing in old english literature to evoke such a distortion of what the founders believed or intended. What I did find was the Catholic equivalency;
    In Catholicism, the ultimate end of human existence consists in felicity (Latin equivalent to the Greek eudaimonia), or "blessed happiness", described by the 13th-century philosopher-theologian Thomas Aquinas as a Beatific Vision of God's essence in the next life.
    and
    This page which indicates a similar context as to what Santorum suggests, but his argument fails when translated to a group of men who were FAR FROM Catholic!

I've discounted his argument as nothing more than rhetoric, but when I heard the crowd go "...OOoohhh!" at the thought that RICK SANTORUM had uncovered a great truth about our Founding Fathers I simply couldn't let this myth rest.
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do." - Ben Franklin

"I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"The purpose of all political action should be the preservation of Liberty!" - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i think he has his own creative dictionary for many words