Thread: Jason Greene MO-5 GOP Candidate for Congress

Jason Greene MO-5 GOP Candidate for Congress

People in the Missouri District 5(Jackson County area: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missour...ional_district ) should strongly consider giving Jason Greene a look. He's a school teacher from the Raytown, Missouri school district and he's running on a platform of limited government, sound money, pro life, abolishing the Fed, competing currencies, deregulation, and liberty. He's another Justin Amash waiting to happen.

All he needs is our support. Check him out if you haven't.

He's been endorsed by the Republican Liberty Caucus as well.

http://www.liberty-candidates.org/2011/11/jason-greene/

http://www.greeneforcongress.com/

http://www.facebook.com/greeneforcongress

All of the issues are listed on his website, along with links to donate to his campaign(he's taking on a 4 time 10,000+ vote loser for the GOP nomination and then he'll face a SERIOUSLY entrenched Emanuel Cleaver, head of the Congressional Black Caucus... Cleaver is no angel: http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/...with-his-wife/)

And below is the text of a speech Jason Greene gave not long ago. I'm still looking for video of the speech and I'll post that.

Over 235 years ago, our great experiment in freedom began. Founded with the blood of patriots who dedicated their time, property, and very lives for something above themselves, something incorruptible and enduring, the ideal of human liberty. Our founders were successful in their fight against oppressive government. They knew however that this fight would not end with the British setting sail for home, but that it had only just begun.

Due to this, our constitution was put into place, with the purpose of protecting our nation from tyrannical and coercive forms of government. Even though this revolution took place, and such ideals were established, this fight continues today.

We live in a society in which many individuals in our government, no longer view our constitution as a guide to our way of life and a safeguard of liberty, but as an obstacle. This disrespect to the very fabric of our nation, in the name of political convince, has eroded at our nation’s core, tearing down its democratic and capitalistic principles. These influences in our society have used legislation and policy to serve self interests and their perceived good intentions. These good intentions have subverted American liberty and our economic well being.

Our current situation is one in which our nation faces attacks on our constitution, double digit unemployment, looming massive inflation, and a mounting debt which has bankrupted our country. Where corporations write the legislation and the word capitalism is just a front for cronyism. Our plight has taken several decades to create, but we are now at a crossroads in which we have very hard choices to make.

We can either continue to allow this perversion to our constitution and liberty continue, or we can take a stand and resume ownership of our government.

It is time to break the chains that hinder our opportunities and freedom, and rise to these challenges with pro-market and liberty reforms.

It is time to audit and dismantle the Federal Reserve’s ability to manipulate our currency, printing trillions out of thin air to pay government assets and foreign corporations, creating inflationary pressures which squeeze the middle class. It is time to end the Federal Reserve’s stranglehold on interest rates, basing them on zero capital, establishing mal-investment and a moral hazard of our economy. Such actions make our entire economic system a massive ponzi scheme with the taxpayers serving as the victims.

It is time for an accountable government which can balance the budget. For the past several decades, both political parties have not been good stewards of our tax dollars and now we are faced with that harsh reality of Washington’s irresponsibility. Recently we have surpassed 15 trillion dollars in our national debt, with over 54 trillion dollars in unfunded federal liabilities on the horizon. This debt crisis threatens our entire economy and our currency’s purchasing power. We should no longer continue to steal from tomorrow to pay for the mismanagement of today.

It is time to restore our nation’s wealth and job opportunities, we need to end corporatist regulations and trade agreements that prevent competition and small business job growth. We need tax reforms that reward production and attract capital to strengthen the middle class and create opportunity. We need a government that will not support corporate welfare or bailouts. The days of privatizing profits and socializing the losses need to end. A true free market with competition, efficiency, and choice, will drive us out of this recession and create opportunity.

It is time for a foreign policy that encourages trade and cooperation. Our military men and women have served gallantly over the years, commanding our admiration and respect. Today though, hundreds of thousands of our troops are spread over the globe in over 130 different countries. Most of our troops that are in harm’s way are without a clear mission, they are charged with the responsibility of nation building. Establishing a liberal or free democracy through nation building is a role that is more political, cultural and economic in nature, as these democratic beliefs have to be internal and socially developed. There are more effective ways to promote democracy than losing thousands of lives and spending trillions of dollars.

It is time for constitutional liberty to be at the focus of each piece of legislation voted upon. We are a democratic-republic, the federal government must respect that aspect of the constitution and eliminate departments that violate state’s rights and the personal lives of citizens. In recent years, our constitutional rights have been under attack; from the expansion of presidential and congressional power to federal courts overstepping their legal authority. The politician mentality of abandoning constitutional checks and balances to serve political convenience must end in order to protect liberty and preserve this republic.

I believe this time has come, this liberty movement is growing. Americans want honest leadership, they want what was promised to them, the constitution. It is time to take a stand for our great nation as she is on one knee. Even in the midst of our troubles, we can create a rebirth of American democracy.

This rebirth requires energy, passion, and all of our efforts. It requires us to support national and local candidates who take a stand for liberty and sound economic growth, as this movement is not won in one speech or election. This movement is fought in the streets, discussed in social halls and churches, within the walls of our academic institutions and right here. Let it not be said that we did nothing during the moment when our nation needed us the most. Our founding fathers realized their moment, we need to realize and capitalize on ours.

We are descended in blood and in spirit from those revolutionists and rebels, men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never accept anything less, for that revolutionary spirit resides within us.

It is our moment, time for our nation to rise from the ashes of statism; the great American Recovery starts now, let’s restore her promise.
    Last edited by Blankstare; 01-15-2012 at 05:20 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jason is a great candidate and deserves our support!

bump. Keep this up top. Everyone get behind him!

FWIW: No donations listed under his name to Dr. Paul. That's a red flag to me.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    No donations period. He's openly endorsed Ron Paul. He's a member of the Kansas City Ron Paul group.

Additionally, anything less than 2-300 dollars I think it is, wouldn't be reported. He's a school teacher lol

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

Here is a crappy cell phone image of candidate Greene with Ron Paul today in Kansas City.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And another. Candidate Jason Greene, Dr. Paul and Mr. Greene's wife...

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Probably means nothing to more than a couple people here, but I wholeheartedly endorse Jason Greene. He is a true liberty candidate and a great guy all around. I've had the pleasure of meeting with him and interacting with him online and I am making calls for him/volunteering even though I got pushed out of his district due to the latest redistricting shenanigans in MO.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankstare View Post
    No donations period. He's openly endorsed Ron Paul. He's a member of the Kansas City Ron Paul group.

Additionally, anything less than 2-300 dollars I think it is, wouldn't be reported. He's a school teacher lol
    and yes, I'm betting when he's donated its been in small amounts like $25 when he could afford it. He's a teacher PLUS funding his own campaign so I'm betting he can't afford much at all.

If Ron Paul supporters were well organized and committed to the cause dozens of great Congressional candidates could be elected.

I don't want to say there is too much effort being given to Ron Paul but for sure there is too little effort given to other, more winnable races.

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    He is a true liberty candidate and a great guy all around.
    How do you know? Not saying he isn't, or that I have any reason to believe he isn't. But what made you come to your determination?
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

It's hard to donate a lot. I know. Granted, I'm well over $1000 now, but it hasn't been easy.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    How do you know? Not saying he isn't, or that I have any reason to believe he isn't. But what made you come to your determination?
    Few ways.

When I first heard about him the first thing I did was went to his website and checked out his positions. Then I contacted him for an article and asked him questions which you can find here: http://www.examiner.com/republican-i...te-jason-green

Then I had several conversations with him on the facebook KC4RP page and through email, as well as saw conversations between him and others in the group. Then he came by to drop off brochures and had a conversation with him for about 45 minutes. Through these interactions I came to the conclusion that he was both of what I said above. So unless the guy is a complete liar and shill that is my opinion. I'm not a necessarily better judge of character than the next guy, but consider myself to be pretty good at it. I've generally been accurate about people when I felt they were good or bad after a few interactions. I also have heard good things about him through people I've talked to through the KC group, some who I don't know at all, some who I know are good RP supporters.

Hope that helps

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    as for donations... I have been in a terrible financial situation this year. I'm unable to pay my bills each month in full. I have two kids in diapers and we home school my 9 year old. Because of this I haven't donated much this year in terms of cash, definitely less than $50. I have made websites, graphics, phoned from home, attended events, promoted and other general armchair activism. That doesn't make me suspicious, just really frackin broke.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Claims to be an austrian and at the least understands the talking point that crony capitalism is not capitalism. From what I understand winning this district is a huge uphill battle for a Republican, but I do see that he's getting the word out in substantial ways. He was one of the candidates at the Ron Paul rally at Union Station, so several thousand supporters surely know about him from there, he has the RLC endorsement, a professional website, youtube channel, and involved in the social networks. He has slimjims and canvassed our neighborhood. So it does look like he'll run a serious campaign.

I met him and have a positive impression. My nature is to remain skeptical, but that's probably more a reflection of me than him. I had to see Ron's 30 years of voting record and that he was warning of an encroaching police state and writing on Lew Rockwell for years to join the Revolution (as opposed to being a lifelong cynic who distrusts all politics).

Anyway my vetting is not complete enough to be considered as an endorsement for or against. But what I am sure of, 100%, is that Jason Greene is a winning personality. If he is a true liberty candidate, he is exactly the kind we need. Very personable, well spoken, energetic, unafraid of debate. I asked him, 'why do you want the seat?' And he did not appear to have to make up an answer to hide a desire for power.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

He was endorsed by the Republican Liberty Caucus and LibertyCandidates.org

It think those stand on their own.

I have to agree with your there @GeorgiaAvenger. We could send 50 liberty candidates to Congress and then things would really heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by hemingwayincuba View Post
    I have to agree with your there @GeorgiaAvenger. We could send 50 liberty candidates to Congress and then things would really heat up.
    And we could run several of them for President, see which one sticks.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    He received a verbal endorsement from Ron Paul at the Kansas City rally.

I like his chances of doing well. I used to live in his district and the area tends to lean left but i think he could do well in a GOP year but it would certainly be an uphill battle.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    I have personally known him for over 10 years. We've gone to High School together, wrestled on the High School wrestling team. He's been a multi sport varsity letter winner, made straight A's in school, has a twin brother... I know this guy. But I would be the first one to shoot him in the face if I thought he was about to round us up and throw us in camps. And I've half heartedly joked about doing so. Jason is a stand up guy. But don't take my word for it... here is his Youtube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/user/GreeneforCongress/videos

He's begun the vetting process for endorsement by Dr. Paul as well, it's a matter of time. This guy is the real deal. His being a good student and friend of mine isn't why I endorse him, obviously.. if he was a statist troll, I'd just be silent.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GreeneforCongress/videos

Thank you all

Thank you for the kind words my friends in liberty.

I would like to announce that we were recently endorsed by Dr. Thomas Woods. Dr. Woods along with Dr. Paul inspired me to look into the systemic ills of the Federal Reserve and turn an eye toward Austrian thought. I will not lie, we face a tough primary, being said, I am an urban candidate (something the Republicans never run in CD-5), as a educator, coach and liberty candidate we have made in-roads with the African-American community in the urban core (which is the key to the district). I have personally walked 15,000 doors and knocked on over 4,000 of them, my campaign has matched such, with tens of thousands more to go. We will work as hard as we can to ensure that as many people as possible hear our message of sound economic growth and constitutional government. If anyone wishes to ask me a question or visit my website, I will personally give them a response.

Please keep me and other liberty candidates in your well wishes, we are witnessing a new wave of candidates who wish to promote freedom.

In Liberty,

Jason Greene

www.GreeneforCongress.com

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Also, Cleaver is being sued right now. I'm no expert, but it seems like that could help your campaign.

It looks like the taxpayers may be on the hook for Cleaver's bad loan.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Ya I heard yesterday his son pistol whipped his cousin or something?