Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colbert Super PAC Goes Negative On Romney In First South Carolina Ad

Quote Originally Posted by PauliticsPolitics View Post
    Emphasizing the fact that Mitt thinks "corporations are people" is likely good for us actually.

PPP did a poll on that question, (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...olbertTabs.pdf)
    and only 33% of likely SC GOP voters think "corporations are people."
    67% think that "only people are people."

And the cross tab shows that only 34% of people planning to vote for Mitt think that "corporations are people."
    66% of people leaning toward Romney think that "only people are people."

So perhaps some of that 66% will stray from Romney.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    It also means there are ~66% of those 33% who could sway towards Romney..
    Hmm, not sure I understand your train of thought here.
    Last edited by PauliticsPolitics; 01-15-2012 at 03:50 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wrong thread...

Please delete.
    Last edited by gb13; 01-15-2012 at 04:23 AM.

My god, that ad was brilliant!

To be honest, I think this will hurt Romney. While it makes people laugh, it also makes them think.

I have a feeling that people will be singing a different tune when it is Ron getting slammed by Colbert.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Haha Hilarious... Mitt, you murderer... And I was thinking about his voice from How I Met Your Mother. xD

Quote Originally Posted by jersdream View Post
    The ridiculousness of it (which many people probably won't get as a joke) will probably think this is anti-Romney people getting so desperate to go to this type of ad, they will fall behind Mittens.
    I still don't think it will help him. When you start getting mocked like this you look like a joke (reference, see Obama presidency). I honestly can't see a scenario where it helps him, maybe with the youth vote???
    Ron Paul - Peacemonger

Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    I want to know how big of an ad buy they made.
    From Charleston to north Charleston. Proudly serving since late Thursday.... LOL

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh my, that was great !!!! I love the Mitt the Ripper... hope that nickname sticks, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I have a feeling that people will be singing a different tune when it is Ron getting slammed by Colbert.
    colbert respects Ron Paul, like jon stewart does. They would do a skit that gives ron paul props.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    colbert respects Ron Paul, like jon stewart does. They would do a skit that gives ron paul props.
    I agree. Colbert and Stewart are, in general, the best type of progressives. They respect Paul the way that most of us respect individuals like Nader and Kucinich.

It's not about 100% agreement, it's about seeing someone has integrity, intelligence, and the very best of intentions. That is a complete rarity on the political landscape nowadays.
    Last edited by milo10; 01-15-2012 at 06:45 AM.

LOL That was really amusing. We shall have to look at those Charleston to North Charleston tabs after the primary.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

OMG Romney is a serial killer by his own admission! He is dangerous LOL.
    GOING ON NOW IN THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT - WWW.FREETALKLIVE.COM

JOIN OUR LAST BEST HOPE FOR LIBERTY - WWW.FREESTATEPROJECT.ORG

Hehe. LOL'd. The checkmark at the end for Not Romney is for Ron...

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Colbert picked the wrong state. He won't crack 1%.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Stupidest ad ever.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is flat out hilarious. I watched it twice and was Rollin both times.

Dragging the dead body made me laugh out loud, my neighbors hate me now LOL

dragging the body was classic :P

I love the "Not Mitt Romney" vote. They don't mention anything about colbert so i'm pleased about that.

Gingrich's PAC took 28 minutes trying to say the same thing and, sad to say, it was boring. Colbert's PAC takes 30 seconds to destroy Mitt Romney over the same issue. I see why Jon Stewart gets paid the big bucks.

Just glad Paul is not the target (yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Just glad Paul is not the target (yet?)
    Colbert and Stewart won't attack Ron. They don't agree with him on everything, but they respect his integrity. They make a living pointing out the hypocrisy of his opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by jersdream View Post
    This will help Romney, if anything.
    Actually I think this is the best angle of taking down Romney. Voters don't seem to care that he flip flops and can;t be trusted on his word, so we need to see if people want to hand the country over to a Wall St insider. I think that angle works better; people are hurting in this country, that is anyone who isn't best friends or family with Mitt Romney.

I think the ad is hilarious but I'm also pretty sure most of the people who see it on TV will be confused. Even if they understand the concept of satire, the fact is that if this runs on a normal (not-comedy-central) channel, people are going to expect it to be another political ad, not a minute-long joke. I mean, if I saw this on TV, I'd be confused too. Why would someone pay to run an ad that just makes a joke? If people don't know Stephen Colbert is behind it (like all of us did when we opened the thread), they're just going to rationalize it based on what they do know. They know it's not from Romney, so they're going to guess that it's from one of his opponents, and that it's a weird political ad.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets the joke, because I think it's pretty funny
    "Truth will win in the end -- we just don't know when the end is, so we have to persevere" ~Carol Paul

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    will it really be aired in sc? I was thinking it was more of a show fodder piece. It would be hysterical if its really aired on national TV

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Stupidest ad ever.
    ...like a fox

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Stupidest ad ever.
    I think that was the point.
    Progress and Poverty by Henry George

Agrarian Justice by Thomas Paine

Governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deducted from it.
    --G.W.F Hegel

Any non-CC links? Can't watch it outside the U.S.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast