Thread: New Grassroots Video Up

New Grassroots Video Up

So, a couple days ago, I wrote a blog post entitled, "A Tale of Two Candidates - Ron Paul & Mitt Romney". It's been getting quite a bit of traffic. A fellow Paul supporter contacted me and gave me a link to a video he had made of my article. It was awesome except for he had used a text to speech program for the narration. I asked him if he minded me taking his video and doing the voice-over myself and adding some music to it. He said he didn't mind at all and this video is the result of our joint effort. It turned out pretty awesome. No one is allowed to laugh at my voice work. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g9ZEVWttks&hd=1
    My Blog - The Blinders Removed
    http://blindersremoved.wordpress.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh oh you can do some voice over! I will add you to my friendslist!

good voice over acting !!! Nice video, I can only imagine how it sounded like with the text to speech lol.

nice job!!

let me embed it for you

Thanks Chain.

Perfect audio for this! I actually saw the other version earlier today, but this was A LOT better!

I think both the voice and the music makes it feel a lot like a real childrens' story and that makes the point so much stronger.

Good work!
    Founder of Swedes for Paul!

Feel free to listen to, comment, like and spread our Ron Paul techno song:
    Swedes for Paul - Paul's Going Forward!

Thanks!

Ron Paul defended Romney against similar attacks from Gingrich claiming Romney was ruthless corporate raider. I`m not sure including such left wing propaganda against "making money" or firing people is wise. Campaign also spoke against using leftist propaganda. This could backfire. Video and presentation is good, but I`d exclude the part about Romney making money and firing people. That`s part of the free market and it`s something often necessary in order to make business survive and thrive. Ron Paul said same thing in defense of Romney. By including that section, we`re misrepresenting Paul.

I`d say, exclude the part about Romney making money and firing people and leave the rest. Also, I`m not sure accusing Romney of being born in wealthy family is fair game. Maybe tackle that differently a bit.

Watch this:

"Restructuring is part of the free market" -Ron Paul in the above video
    Last edited by JuicyG; 01-13-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Let`s get Ron Paul into top 10 to generate headlines. We need more people.

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900), Twilight of the Idols

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788 - 1860)

https://twitter.com/#!/JuicyGrabs

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyG View Post
    Ron Paul defended Romney against similar attacks from Gingrich claiming Romney was ruthless corporate raider. I`m not sure including such left wing propaganda against "making money" or firing people is wise. Campaign also spoke against using leftist propaganda. This could backfire. Video and presentation is good, but I`d exclude the part about Romney making money and firing people. That`s part of the free market and it`s something often necessary in order to make business survive and thrive. Ron Paul said same thing in defense of Romney. By including that section, we`re misrepresenting Paul.

I`d say, exclude the part about Romney making money and firing people and leave the rest. Also, I`m not sure accusing Romney of being born in wealthy family is fair game. Maybe tackle that differently a bit.

Watch this:

"Restructuring is part of the free market" -Ron Paul in the above video

Ron Paul is just being a nice guy, because that's what he is. Romney is a scumbag and every time he gets the chance, he talks about his experience in the "private sector" and how he can relate to working Americans. He can't relate to anyone. He was born into wealth and power and those two things have always been his motivations. Anyone worth a quarter billion dollars, who owns 3 homes with a total value of over 20 million, can't relate to 90% of Americans.

He doesn't give two s--ts about anyone other than himself. So, yes, this video is meant to attack because Ron Paul won't do it himself, and I respect him sticking to his principles. It doesn't mean that his supporters can't do some attacking for him though. After all, the Bain Capital owned Clear Channel Network who signs Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and many other's paychecks, sure doesn't mind attacking Ron Paul every single day.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...ael-savage-etc

So, sorry you don't like the ad. Nothing is going to be changed, because it's all true. Romney and everything he stands for sickens me to my very core and I don't feel the need to be "nice" to him.

I'd have to agree that the attack on his firing people and making money wont play well with most GOP voters. I'd have to say that, as someone with a background in the world of corporate mergers, consolidations, and takeovers, the firing of people is routine especially when companies are poorly managed and must cut costs or face liquidation. Romney did much the same work and made a great deal of money because he was successful.

I would rather that PAC run this than those cheesy ads of theirs.

"Riding his (Mitt) bike in France helped him take off his mind thousands of his peers dying in a jungle in SE Asia." SLAM!
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, man, that is beautiful!!! Excellent, excellent work. I can hardly wait for chapter two!! I'm gonna tweet this out right away, and I hope others will do the same.

Spread this around. I chose Michelle Fields and Jack Hunter.

@MichelleFields @southernavenger A Tale of Two Candidates - one of the best ever Ron Paul Grassroots-created videos.

@AgoristDon

ETA: Don't worry about the firing people bit. It makes a very good contrast between the two, and most people will be so entertained they won't think much bad about that. It fits so well with the idea of the story they'll give it a pass even if they do think of it.
    Last edited by FreeTraveler; 01-13-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    I would rather that PAC run this than those cheesy ads of theirs.

"Riding his (Mitt) bike in France helped him take off his mind thousands of his peers dying in a jungle in SE Asia." SLAM!
    3:28

Much improved. There are plenty of Dems and Independents that will approve of this message. And RP needs them as much as he needs the GOP base. I'm not convinced we are alienating them as some people suggest.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by JnyBlu View Post
    Ron Paul is just being a nice guy, because that's what he is. Romney is a scumbag and every time he gets the chance, he talks about his experience in the "private sector" and how he can relate to working Americans. He can't relate to anyone. He was born into wealth and power and those two things have always been his motivations. Anyone worth a quarter billion dollars, who owns 3 homes with a total value of over 20 million, can't relate to 90% of Americans.

He doesn't give two s--ts about anyone other than himself. So, yes, this video is meant to attack because Ron Paul won't do it himself, and I respect him sticking to his principles. It doesn't mean that his supporters can't do some attacking for him though. After all, the Bain Capital owned Clear Channel Network who signs Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and many other's paychecks, sure doesn't mind attacking Ron Paul every single day.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...ael-savage-etc

So, sorry you don't like the ad. Nothing is going to be changed, because it's all true. Romney and everything he stands for sickens me to my very core and I don't feel the need to be "nice" to him.
    I`m not saying he shouldn`t be attacked. But you`re attacking him on some of the issues where Ron Paul actually agrees with him, which is restructuring a business and firing people, which is part of a healthy economic system. Also, the fact that he comes from money is a bit unworthy as an argument.
    And I didn`t say I don`t like the ad, quite the contrary. I`ve said it`s good but I`d be careful about including the parts I`ve mentioned.

It`s basically regurgitating some of Gingrich`s attack ad against Romney which was labeled by Ron Paul campaign staff as using leftist language of moveon.org
    Quote Originally Posted by bobburn View Post
    I'd have to agree that the attack on his firing people and making money wont play well with most GOP voters. I'd have to say that, as someone with a background in the world of corporate mergers, consolidations, and takeovers, the firing of people is routine especially when companies are poorly managed and must cut costs or face liquidation. Romney did much the same work and made a great deal of money because he was successful.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by JuicyG; 01-13-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Let`s get Ron Paul into top 10 to generate headlines. We need more people.

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900), Twilight of the Idols

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788 - 1860)

https://twitter.com/#!/JuicyGrabs

I liked original version of video....It had that "home made" touch....

Nothing wrong with your voice
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Thank you for all the feedback. Even those that don't like parts of it. The point of the video is to show a clear contrast in these two candidate's lives. Nothing I said in the video is untrue and I never said that what Romney did was wrong, I simply pointed out what he did and the people can decide how they feel about it. I have no problem with Romney being wealthy and successful, what I have a problem with is him always trying to act like he can relate to the average American because he was in the "private sector". I have a problem with him acting as if he cares anything about the average American. He doesn't and has a long history of saying whatever people want to hear in order to gain support. He's a liar and a conman, that's what I have a problem with.

92 likes and 1 dislike so far. I'll take that ratio any day.

LMFAO!!!! The Champion of Liberty against the Flip Flopping Monster from Massachusetts

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.