Thread: The Older 60+ Demographic Problem

The Older 60+ Demographic Problem

It's obvious we're not reaching the older demographic.

The obvious answer is simple: they don't use the internet. Our message is through the internet and without having access to the 60+ demographic, we're never going to be effective at targeting them.

Some people say brochures are a waste of money. I believe they probably are, for the 45 and under crowd. But how else can we reach the 60+ demographic? Targeted brochures to elderly may be a good option to try to get them to come around and support us.

If we double our 60+ demographic from 10% to 20% we WILL WIN. This should be a priority.

How can we effectively target them?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyruuub View Post
    The obvious answer is simple: they don't use the internet.
    Just to re-emphasize. They aren't afraid of the message. They just trust the media too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyruuub View Post
    How can we effectively target them?
    Some people have gone to retirement homes and talked with people. It's high concentration, and they're usually excited to talk to people. Just check with the people in charge if canvassing-like activities are allowed.

Some people have shown For Liberty Re-cut and stayed around for people to conduct a Q&A session.

First step, you gotta find them.

Where are they?

What do they read?

What do they watch on television?

What do they listen to on the radio - or do they even bother with radio anymore?
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Simple... HIT UP LOCAL MORNING MEDIA!!! (ESPECIALLY HERE IN THE SOUTH) and clear up the positions. Dr. Paul could get a guest spot on these local morning shows easy and win over not just the seniors but also the soccar moms in one swat! not to mention whoever they then talk to about him after seeing and hearing him speak.
    Last edited by A_Silent_Majority_Member; 01-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.

- Welcome to the R[3\/0_l]UTION -
    For America... For Liberty... Ron Paul 2012!

Because enough is enough and its time to take our country back!
    Of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE and for the PEOPLE!

- Join the Ron Paul Army Today! -

- Phone Bank -^v^v- Canvas -^v^- Donate -^v^v- Inform -^v^- Vote -^v^v- WIN! -

Retirement communities in Florida should be bustling right about now...local newspapers and local stations would be a start for the campaign but otherwise you have to ID them and call them first to prospect them...then mail them a piece that corresponds to their most important issue. It's called micro-targeting. I just don't know if the campaign is willing to pay for it..rather I think they rely on interns and volunteers with very little experience. They need paid professionals to do this in the population centers in SC and FL..ID people, and then get the campaign to follow-up....apparently it is what Romney is spending money on and how he wins in the denser population areas...when the FEC reports come out, we should be able to check if they paid for this service in NH etc...
    Last edited by BUSHLIED; 01-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.

These efforts go against the grain. I thought the idea of winning was to identify your base and turn them out. If we could get a better percentage of young people and indy's to ACTUALLY VOTE we'd win big.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    Thanks, I looked for this the other day!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by damiengwa View Post
    These efforts go against the grain. I thought the idea of winning was to identify your base and turn them out. If we could get a better percentage of young people and indy's to ACTUALLY VOTE we'd win big.
    Educating us older voters (I'm 59) has implications far beyond this election. We're active in politics, in business, in all areas of society. Turn one of us onto the message of liberty and you're influencing the way the world works now, not just the way it will work in 20 years when you're in charge.

Oh, and just to keep everybody nice, I'll be neg-repping for any ageism I see in this thread. We're not all stupid. (No, I don't mean you, damien. You were very nice -- I just disagree with you.)
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

This video should help to get the word out and clarify a few things.

Check it out starting from 2:05

These are the ones glued to their TV tubes brainwashed by the corporate media propaganda machine and cannot be reasoned with. The only way to get their support is to unbrainwash them with very effective and carefully crafted propaganda of our own, at least when comes down to numbers that would actually make a difference.

I haven't seen any of this yet and I maintain Ron has zero chance because of it.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by A_Silent_Majority_Member View Post
    Simple... HIT UP LOCAL MORNING MEDIA!!! (ESPECIALLY HERE IN THE SOUTH) and clear up the positions. Dr. Paul could get a guest spot on these local morning shows easy and win over not just the seniors but also the soccar moms in one swat! not to mention whoever they then talk to about him after seeing and hearing him speak.
    I second this, LOCAL MEDIA IS KEY TO REACHING THE OLDER FOLKS

1. Write a letter to a local newspaper
    2. Call in to a local radio station
    3. Contact local tv to do a story
    "Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by damiengwa View Post
    It would be an overwhelming task to turnout independents more than republicans in a republican primary. Unrealistic.

Ron Paul's base is not large. He doesn't have a strong appeal with: seniors, upper-middle class, suburbanites, women, etc...I suspect that Ron's base turned out in large numbers in NH and that got him about 24%...he needs to BROADEN his base. This means he needs to CONVERT people on to this side that normally wouldn't find his message appealing. It means doing things he is NOT doing now. IF he continues to just talk about Liberty and Cutting Spending, he won't broaden his appeal, he just builds his base incrementally. But it is game time, he needs to broaden his appeal in like 1 week for SC. Time for Ron Paul to use his own creativity and reach out to different kinds of voters...forget about raw milk and decriminalizing drugs..he has to reach soccer moms....
    Last edited by BUSHLIED; 01-12-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Tom Woods just sounded off on this.

Operation Grandma: Get Your Grandparents on Board for Ron Paul

video at the link explaining the idea, and putting some words in your mouth.

Trade a favor in return for a promise of 30 minutes of their time; then set down and make your case.

He's also got a new page to list success stories and ideas.

Tom just jumped into the middle of this thread and he doesn't know it yet.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

It is a fact that sound monetary policy maintains value over time while fiat monetary policy perpetually erodes value. The disparity of wealth between the very wealthy and everybody else will continue to grow until sound monetary policy is finally implemented. In other words, at least 97% of the people should vote for Ron Paul in order to keep their wealth. How do we get that message across to voters? It is tough when 97% of the people in media either don't know it or won't tell the truth.

Ron Paul tells the truth, and so does Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan,
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves. This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the 'hidden' confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom
    Getting the older voters onboard is simply a matter of getting them the truth. Seniors do not want to lose their wealth any more than young people do. Stay on message. Break through the media ... somehow.
    Last edited by Travlyr; 01-12-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Send Campaign spokesperson to retirement homes and bingo parlors etc.. and get 10minutes to speak. Do this over and over and over.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.