Thread: A Facebook Post to Share

A Facebook Post to Share

Many if not most of us use Facebook. And I am sure, if you are like me, that most of your FB friends and family are not hardcore political junkies. Here is a post that I made today that may be helpful for others here to use:

Election update. After two contests the delegate count is as follows: Romney 12, Paul 10, Santorum 7, Huntsman 2, Gingrich 2, Perry 2. The number needed to win the nomination: 1144. Don't let the media fool you into believing that this race is anywhere even close to being over. There is a long way to go. That being said, there are only two candidates that have the money and the organization to compete in this marathon event: Romney and Paul. The lower tier candidates have failed to get on the ballot in key states as the race progresses beyond the early states.

Feel free to copy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump. Thanks!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Hate to bump up my own thread, but I am getting "likes" and comments from people on my FB list that I haven't talked to in many years, so people are responding to this.

Curious, what states do your friends live in? Most of mine are in California, so we're still a ways away until June 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    Curious, what states do your friends live in? Most of mine are in California, so we're still a ways away until June 5th.
    Yeah Indiana's primary isn't til May so I modified his comment to:
    Election update. After two contests the delegate count is as follows: Romney 12, Paul 10, Santorum 7, Huntsman 2, Gingrich 2, Perry 2. The number needed to win the nomination: 1144. Don't let the media fool you into believing that this race is anywhere even close to being over. There is a long way to go. Indiana & Kentucky's primaries may actually be meaningful this year!! That being said, there are only two candidates that have the money and the organization to compete in this marathon event: Romney and Paul. The lower tier candidates have failed to get on the ballot in key states as the race progresses beyond the early states.

Many of our states primaries mean nothing because the nomination has already been locked up. This time - our votes may actually MEAN something- and it will be NEAT for once to feel like it matters!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Mine are mostly in PA (Apr 24) and NJ (Jun 5) which is why I don't bombard people with stuff. At most I post a video of the campaign ads or something like that. I keep it limited interspersed with other types of typical FB stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Mine are mostly in PA (Apr 24) and NJ (Jun 5) which is why I don't bombard people with stuff. At most I post a video of the campaign ads or something like that. I keep it limited interspersed with other types of typical FB stuff.
    The message of Liberty is very important! I've been posting one thing a day, but even if people don't respond, people will read it or at least glance at it.

I've had multiple people talk to me outside of Facebook (they didn't leave comments or liked a post) about Ron Paul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Execllent synopsis. On my wall!
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

The message of Liberty is very important! I've been posting one thing a day, but even if people don't respond, people will read it or at least glance at it.

I've had multiple people talk to me outside of Facebook (they didn't leave comments or liked a post) about Ron Paul.
    My concern is that people (particularly casual acquaintances) will hide me (or any of us) if we litter their feed with Ron Paul stuff non stop. Once a day is a good way to do it.

We need to be mindful of the fact that most people don't give a lick about politics and don't want their Facebook feed cluttered up by some guy they barely know shoving Ron Paul stuff down their throats. Just like I hid those couple of people on my list that post that Farmville stuff constantly.
    Last edited by tbone717; 01-11-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    +rep

Nice post.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.