Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First CNN Exit Poll New Hampshire

First CNN Exit Poll New Hampshire

Wolf just said after commercial, they will go into the first CNN exist polls of NH.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My guess: Romney 33%, Paul 19%, Huntsman 18%

Hmm... Are there some guidelines of not releasing exit polls until the polling is over?

Sorry for being so new, but what exactly is an exit poll?
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Edit: thinking of entrance polls
    Last edited by Cody1; 01-10-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harald View Post
    Hmm... Are there some guidelines of not releasing exit polls until the polling is over?
    They'll probably just include turnout facts and facts about demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by Havax View Post
    My guess: Romney 33%, Paul 19%, Huntsman 18%
    My guess:
    Romney 31
    Paul 25
    Huntsman 14

I suspect that huntsman must be doing good early which is why CNN is doing an exit poll this early

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You'd think, but the CNN commercial just ended, and in the text at the bottom it says "NH primary awaiting first exit polls."

One would hope so. It doesn't seem right that they could release "results" before voting is over, which might influence the vote of a few people watching the program.

evadmurd

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Sorry for being so new, but what exactly is an exit poll?
    Polling people as they leave the polling station to ask who they voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1 View Post
    THink someone posted earlier about exit polls potential to influence the election. Illegal maybe?
    Well they do this in the general election since some states vote later than others yet results roll in...

There are exceptions made in cases where the media desperately wants to influence the election with a 'surging' candidate story.

Okay, they're not gonna show numbers for the candidates. It's gonna be pointless crap like "what's the most important quality in a candidate" and "what's your number one issue."

It will tell us next to nothing about the actual race.

Did I just hear Ron Paul up next?
    "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep... But I have got promises to keep.. and miles to go before I sleep.." - Robert Frost

They probably won't have polling numbers. It will likely be demographics (age, income, location, etc).
    Rand Paul 2016

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Wolf just said after commercial, they will go into the first CNN exist polls of NH.
    I vote that CNN not exist.

They had Ron ahead in Iowa. I think they do rotten polls.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

It's funny how we're so concerned about exit polls being released early when the msm has been pumping Huntsman all day. Fairness went out the door a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    I suspect that huntsman must be doing good early which is why CNN is doing an exit poll this early
    Sadly I agree, if Paul was crushing him they'd definitely hold off in order to avoid any sort of bump.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    Okay, they're not gonna show numbers for the candidates. It's gonna be pointless crap like "what's the most important quality in a candidate" and "what's your number one issue."

It will tell us next to nothing about the actual race.
    Like I said, they don't release the actualy candidate numbers before polls close. But someone somewhere should be getting those numbers. They often leak -- or at least the general direction leaks (like the idea that Santorum was going to do really well in Iowa).

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    I vote that CNN not exist.
    Bain can buy it, gut it, and close it up..
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Nah, they nailed Iowa perfect. The CNN exist polls updated 2 times so the the third time they showed with 1700 in their sample, CNN had the late voters tallied in and put Paul right around 21-22%.

It is true the first sample and the first update showed Paul winning, but once we got the late arrivals in, their sample was pretty much perfect.

I like the way people always jump in with their guesses...wish I understood the point of that.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    I like the way people always jump in with their guesses...wish I understood the point of that.
    There is no point

Romney 57
    Paul 21
    Huntsman 11

Are exit poll releases before voting illegal or just entrance polls?
    Karen Kwiatkowski
    Thomas Massie
    Kurt Bills
    Art Robinson
    Patrick Kelly
    John Dennis
    Rick Williams
    Richard Mack
    Justin Amash (reelection)

Before they released the Iowa Entrance polls, they talked about in 2008 how they did early birds versus late arrivals to the caucuses. HOw there were candidates last time that did better with the early arrivals than the late ones....

Paul did great amount the early arrivals, not so well with the late arrivals. all in all...CNN nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    People change their minds in caucuses.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

This is what CNN had for its entrance polls for Iowa

Paul: 21.68%
    Romney: 24.23%
    Santorum: 23.53%
    I calculated it on election night in my CNN entrance poll thread.
    http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/epolls/ia

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...al-break/page7

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Nah, they nailed Iowa perfect. The CNN exist polls updated 2 times so the the third time they showed with 1700 in their sample, CNN had the late voters tallied in and put Paul right around 21-22%.

It is true the first sample and the first update showed Paul winning, but once we got the late arrivals in, their sample was pretty much perfect.
    OK, their early ones are rotten, and they should wait.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast