Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Bolton would seriously consider serving under President Paul

John Bolton would seriously consider serving under President Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL
    - zHorns
    Organizer of the Rise for Liberty Moneybomb.

“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do something about it.” - Ron Paul, Rally for the Republic

Quote Originally Posted by zHorns View Post
    LOL
    wait - that's not big enough!

LOL!!!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Update 11:24: Bolton emails: “Although the likelihood of such a scenario is remote, I would serve to try to persuade Ron Paul toward a more realistic posture in defending the United States and its worldwide interests.”
    I feel like I just got Bolton-rolled.
    Last edited by freejack; 01-10-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Ron Paul would have no problem considerating NOT letting this scumbag serve under him.
    Matt Ross - Organizer, Monroe County, Pennsylvania
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/887/

Maybe he had a change of heart and is now part of The Revolution.

Is John hedging his bets? LOL. He won't be asked anyway so who cares.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bolton emails: “Although the likelihood of such a scenario is remote, I would serve to try to persuade Ron Paul toward a more realistic posture in defending the United States and its worldwide banker's interests.”
    corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Maybe he had a change of heart and is now part of The Revolution.
    lol

I take it as a sign of Establishment job-seekers starting to show some respect to Ron Paul, while the update was to keep his foot in the door of the Establishment.

Still it's a good sign.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

ron paulin ,this is huge, to have someone like bolton come around to us it is not perfect but this is SO HUGE ON ALL LEVELS, advisors are just that. We have a Commander In Chief Ron Paul 2012 Common Sense
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

he goes on to say he would change Ron Paul's mind for a more "realistic" foreign policy. (most likely doing the same thing we've been doing) What kind of so called diplomat is this, this is just pathetic

RonPaulCult

Yeah and I would seriously consider dating [insert name of crazy hot chick that I have no chance with]

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    ron paulin ,this is huge, to have someone like bolton come around to us it is not perfect but this is SO HUGE ON ALL LEVELS, advisors are just that. We have a Commander In Chief Ron Paul 2012 Common Sense
    it doesnt seem like he coming around to us. it sounds like he just wants to stay so he can implement HIS opinions, not because hes turned the corner.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    I take it as a sign of Establishment job-seekers starting to show some respect to Ron Paul, while the update was to keep his foot in the door of the Establishment.

Still it's a good sign.
    He heard the: "See this room. 2/3 of us gone under Ron Paul" Pentagon hot mic.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Bolton needs a job. He'd work for Hugo Chavez if it paid enough.
    "A little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." -- TJ

Join the Ron Paul Rebellion!

...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

i'd seriously consider kicking john bolton in the balls if given the chance.

A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

We need to shore up more republican support. I will take it from where I can get it. This is better than Huntsman saying he would have a hard time voting for Ron Paul.

Bolton is very anti UN and in his mind Pro America I guess

I can see the headlines now:

PNAC, neocon spokesman for the military-industrial complex joins Ron Paul cabinet

These people lie so much that it becomes FIRST nature.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He will be seriously considered

NOT

Quote Originally Posted by karat32 View Post
    Bolton is very anti UN and in his mind Pro America I guess
    I had an positive first impression of the guy because of that sentiment. He isn't anti-UN because of what's wrong with the UN ... he's anti-UN because it sometimes stands up to his globalist ideas.

That's great news. I think he'd do a wonderful job managing a research station in Antarctica under a Paul administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoax View Post
    That's great news. I think he'd do a wonderful job managing a research station in Antarctica under a Paul administration.
    That's it! I was trying to think of the American equivalent to Gorbachev sending somebody to Siberia.
    "A little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." -- TJ

Join the Ron Paul Rebellion!

LOL!

Didn't Newt say he was going to ask Bolton to be his State Secretary?

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    We need to shore up more republican support. I will take it from where I can get it. This is better than Huntsman saying he would have a hard time voting for Ron Paul.
    It wouldn't surprise me if at least some of the folks in the GOP "establishment" are softening their stances on Dr. Paul (e.g. rather than savaging him- take the approach of: "He's a good man that's bringing new blood to the party- but we need to have an "honest" discussion with him and his followers on foreign policy") in the interests of resurrecting the Reagan-Republican "Big Tent" philosophy.

They've thrown evangelicals quite a few bones through the years and collect their votes like clockwork. Why not with Libertarian-inclined Republicans (e.g. GOP platform to target several overseas bases for closure, a dramatic scaling down of foreign aid, and add the elimination of the department of education back to the platform)? Not saying it will work (I'm sure most of us want to see us out of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan for good and the Patriot Act repealed at a minimum)- but I sincerely doubt EVERY member of the GOP establishment wants to end up in a marginalized Neo-Con bunker with Kristol, Santorum & Co. while the whole country gets turned over to independents, non-GOP libertarians and most of all liberal democrats...

That said- Bolton has always struck me as a guy with a completely unapologetic view that the US should operate proactively and aggressively throughout the globe to confront any and all "threats". Just damn near impossible to imagine that matching up with Dr. Paul in any way...
    Last edited by Philadelphia76; 01-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast