Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipsos/Reuters NATIONAL Poll: Ron Paul at 16%, second best against Obama

Ipsos/Reuters NATIONAL Poll: Ron Paul at 16%, second best against Obama

The CBS poll had Ron statistically tied with Obama yesterday, one point behind, but had Romney 2 pts ahead of Obama. this one has Romney 5 points down from Obama and Ron 7 points down. The next closest gives Obama a double digit lead.

Romney 30%
    Gingrich 20%
    Ron Paul 16%
    Santorum 13%

considering how little the other states even know Ron, this is encouraging.

oops! Link: http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/p...e.aspx?id=5466 :
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-10-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is actually reallly encouraging

Yes! And Gingrich will implode very soon...

Getting closer to a national tipping point
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

good news
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

This is amazing. Just think how that number would explode coming out of NH with a 1st/2nd place finish? We could overtake Gingrich in national polls in no time. Effectively making it a two man race before February when Super Tuesday starts. We could really win this.

YAY!
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” - Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I just saw the ceiling move
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Ron Paul moving up since last Reuters/Ipsos poll from 12/12:

Romney 30% (+12)
    Gingrich 20% (-8)
    Ron Paul 16% (+4)
    Santorum 13% (+9)
    Perry 7% (-5)
    Huntsman 3% (-2)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-1452.html
    Last edited by harikaried; 01-10-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Wow, 16% nationally. What were people saying about 15% being the tipping point? Let's see some movement!

Id like to know where they poll these though. When Ron goes up in National Polls, it doesnt seem like its on the east coast or in the more southeastern states, since he doesn't poll well in those areas. I have a feeling the W and NW areas he is doing hella good, but have seen rarely any of those states to show polls. Seen a South Dakota poll posted here some weeks ago where he was in 1st.
    Last edited by Student Of Paulism; 01-10-2012 at 12:56 PM.

I will be a most happy man if we can hit 20-percent.

Those numbers are Republicans Only.

Check out Independents AND Republicans (and relative to 12/11):

Romney 29% (+11)
    Paul 17% (+5)
    Gingrich 17% (-8)
    Santorum 12% (+8)
    Perry 6% (-6)
    Huntsman 4% (+0)

http://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=11291
    Last edited by harikaried; 01-10-2012 at 12:59 PM.

It sucks Gingrich still gets 20% after all that has come out about him. Who is supporting that clown?

Romney has a big lead now, but if we can get this down to a two man race hopefully then we can knock Romney down some, and of course, and more importantly, lift Paul up.

I hope some big donors get behind Paul, the grass-roots can only supply so much since so many of them are barely getting by now.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 01-10-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post

Romney 29% (+11)
    Paul 17% (+5)
    Gingrich 17% (-8)
    Santorum 12% (+8)
    Perry 6% (-6)
    Huntsman 4% (+0)

Nice!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Huntsman would be neck and neck with Ron Paul, lol

Quote Originally Posted by goldpants View Post
    I thought Huntsman would be neck and neck with Ron Paul, lol
    You watch too much MSM

According to the media, Huntsman is electable @ 4% and Ron Paul unelectable at 17% nationally LOLOLOLO

Romney 29% (+11)
    Paul 17% (+5)
    Gingrich 17% (-8)
    Santorum 12% (+8)
    Perry 6% (-6)
    Huntsman 4% (+0)

#SnowballEffectEngaged

Unelectable.. HE CANT WIN!!! OMG PANNICCK

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    It sucks Gingrich still gets 20% after all that has come out about him. Who is supporting that clown?

Romney has a big lead now, but if we can get this down to a two man race hopefully then we can knock Romney down some, and of course, and more importantly, lift Paul up.

I hope some big donors get behind Paul, the grass-roots can only supply so much since so many of them are barely getting by now.
    Most of what has come out about him has been by advertisements in local media where voting is imminent. The word hasn't spread nationwide.

Lol, Msnbc just showed this poll during their hourly Huntsmann pump, and minutes later the pundit said, "i have been saying it for awhile and will say it again, Huntsmann is the strongest candidate against Obama.".

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Lol, Msnbc just showed this poll during their hourly Huntsmann pump, and minutes later the pundit said, "i have been saying it for awhile and will say it again, Huntsmann is the strongest candidate against Obama.".
    Even though he is the worst. Just horrible.

I mean, I can see why a liberal pundit could feel like that by just going with their gut feeling. But all evidence points to the contrary.

EDIT: Oh and I guess his national ceiling of 15% just got raised.
    Last edited by Diurdi; 01-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Romney 29% (+11)
    Paul 17% (+5)
    Gingrich 17% (-8)
    Santorum 12% (+8)
    Perry 6% (-6)
    Huntsman 4% (+0)

So cool!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Only with those who like the mushy middle. Polls sure don't indicate that.

I've decided most people are at work and not watching this on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    considering how little the other states even know Ron, this is encouraging.
    Yes, it is! Very encouraging!

Though that reaction may be mostly adrenaline-fueled relief on my part.
    When I first read the thread title, I somehow missed the all-caps "NATIONAL" () and nearly had a heart attack. Whew!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

He gets name recognition votes from people in states that aren't yet paying much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    surging!
    Yes, he's surging from his great debate performances. I think he won over alot of people this weekend.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What logical reason is there to prefer Gingrich or Santorum to Perry?

The way I see it, Romney, Perry and Paul should be the only candidates with any significant support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast