Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please debunk the whole Iran wipes Israel off the face of the Earth BS.

Can someone please debunk the whole Iran wipes Israel off the face of the Earth BS.

I am trying to reason with somebody who thinks that Iran is dangerous and they want to attack israel. Can anyone post a link debunking this bs?

Many thanks in advance.
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Akus -

Iran is dangerous to Israel. No matter how you spin it, Iran is my enemy. The difference between me and other Jews who don't like Paul is that I want to take care of Iran alone. There are attempts to "reword" what the Ayatollah or Ahmadinejad has said, "wipe off the map" or "remove from the pages of history" but it's spin. Iran doesn't like the idea of Jews with national sovereignty on what they consider Muslim land. So Iran wants Muslims in control of my country. I consider this war talk, as do most people.

So take the route of "Israel can handle Iran" instead of "Iran isn't a threat to Israel." Very few people except for some Paul diehards on this forum actually believe that.

I think they're trying to say that Israel can kick Iran's ass militarily.
    Turn off your TV

Didn't the US help establish Israel?

This is a great documentary with 9 videos in the playlist. Everyone should watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjXai...f=results_main
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 01-18-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Akus -

Iran is dangerous to Israel. No matter how you spin it, Iran is my enemy. The difference between me and other Jews who don't like Paul is that I want to take care of Iran alone. There are attempts to "reword" what the Ayatollah or Ahmadinejad has said, "wipe off the map" or "remove from the pages of history" but it's spin. Iran doesn't like the idea of Jews with national sovereignty on what they consider Muslim land. So Iran wants Muslims in control of my country. I consider this war talk, as do most people.

So take the route of "Israel can handle Iran" instead of "Iran isn't a threat to Israel." Very few people except for some Paul diehards on this forum actually believe that.
    But this won't be sufficient for Neocons either. I think that the Neocons in the USA are worried that if Israel is boxed into a corner too much, then they will do something rash that would be incredibly destructive. Google the Samson option.

I think US neocons think of Israel in these terms: if you help them too much you draw the ire of arabs and undermine pro US dictators in the region, while holding back too much on support risks an action by Israel that, in the worst scenario, escalate into a localized or globalized nuclear war before someone regains their sanity. I think this is the real fear in the US neocon community.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same reason the US never invaded the Soviet Union or vice versa. Israel has at least 200 nukes and will use them if they feel necessary.

jsoldatot

StuxNet
    CIA
    Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan
    MAD

How are they going to wipe out Israel without taking out the Palestinians?

Iran won't nuke Israel because it's Iranians' holy land too. Nuking them would defeat the purpose.

Iran needs Israel as a scapegoat to keep the mullahs in power (and Israel needs the mullahs as an excuse to maintain support for their draconian policies such as conscription)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Appleseed View Post
    How are they going to wipe out Israel without taking out the Palestinians?
    The theory goes that the Palestinians would gladly weather a nuclear rainstorm and die a horrifying death if they thought that the Israelis would die with them.

But that's fear mongering. The real truth is that the Iranian president was talking about REGIME CHANGE, not complete and total obliteration of the landmass that Israel currently occupies.

Consider the fact that Islam's 2nd or 3rd holiest site (2nd/3rd only to Mecca/Medina) resides in Jerusalem. Consider also that Israel would for sure obliterate Mecca in retaliation. Muslims in Pakistan are smart enough to know that a nuke is only for political purposes, not for actual use. I don't think the Iranian leaders truly believe their own rhetoric.

Iran is becoming more influenced by the Chinese, which has a moderating effect. Alternately, though, messing with Iran too much will draw the ire of the Chinese, and likely the Russians. Iran is a country with lots of competing interests converging and we don't need a knee-jerk policy there.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dub View Post
    Iran is becoming more influenced by the Chinese, which has a moderating effect. Alternately, though, messing with Iran too much will draw the ire of the Chinese, and likely the Russians. Iran is a country with lots of competing interests converging and we don't need a knee-jerk policy there.
    It must really suck to be an Iranian!! So many foreign powers trying to meddle in internal affairs of Iranians!! And then when they are finally rid of foreign influence they end up with leaders even crazier and more oppressive than the Shah!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am writing this from a mobile, so I can not paste links:

Google: "globalresearch.ca wipe israel map farsi regime century"
    You will get an article that shows that the quote was falsely translated...

Also google "jews in iran, sephardicstudies.org"

Also google "atoms for peace iran blowback"
    It was the us who encourage iran to start a nuclear program

'Wiped off the Map' – The Rumor of the Century

Across the world, a dangerous rumor has spread that could have catastrophic implications. According to legend, Iran's president has threatened to destroy Israel, or, to quote the misquote, "Israel must be wiped off the map." Contrary to popular belief, this statement was never made.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Nope

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...IKML_blog.html

“Wipe off the map,” in other words, has become easy shorthand for expressing revulsion at Iran’s anti-Israeli foreign policy. Certainly attention needs to be focused on that — and Iranian behavior in the region. But we’re going to award a Pinocchio to everyone — including ourselves — who has blithely repeated the phrase without putting it into context."

One Pinocchio given to everyone

i wish nuclear weapons were never invented. why the hell does one country have enough fire power to kill every one on earth a few times. instead of a region getting destroyed by conventional weapons.. it could now escalate into full scale nuclear war that affects the whole world.

honestly.. i rather have more wars with conventional weapons than to have the prospect of total annilation from nuclear weapons when someone does use them. of course, we must still do everything we can to avoid wars.

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    I am writing this from a mobile, so I can not paste links:

Google: "globalresearch.ca wipe israel map farsi regime century"
    You will get an article that shows that the quote was falsely translated...

Also google "jews in iran, sephardicstudies.org"

Also google "atoms for peace iran blowback"
    It was the us who encourage iran to start a nuclear program
    Israel: "Wiped off The Map". The Rumor of the Century, Fabricated by the US Media to Justify An All out War on Iran
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=21188

Come on guys its pretty simple no offence. Okay Iran is a Islamic Theocracy, some Islam's Holy land's are in the State of Israel, so if Iran wipes Israel off the face earth, in doing that, they will wipe there holy land off the face of the earth.

for them, its a matter of religion... for us, its all geopolitics...
    Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

A nuke armed Iran can't be any more dangerous than a nuke armed US. The difference? The US actually wiped 200,000 Japanese citizens off the map and set the example for all others to follow.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by awake View Post
    A nuke armed Iran can't be any more dangerouse than a nuke armed US. The difference? The US actually wiped 200,000 Japanese citizens off the map and set the example for all others to follow.
    These are the kind of comments that make us appear ignorant and nutty.

FYI, firebombing in Japan and Germany killed more than those two atomic bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by F3d View Post
    These are the kind of comments that make us appear ignorant and nutty.

If stating a fact is nutty than I guess I'm a bag of peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by F3d View Post
    Which leads me to believe that if we had more that two bombs back then, we would have a lot higher kill rate caused by nukes.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by awake View Post
    If stating a fact is nutty than I guess I'm a bag of peanuts.
    Look at a picture of Tokyo after it was firebombed.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...rebombing-raid

TOKYO — Retired Air Force Gen. Earl Johnson has no regrets about the mission he completed 50 years ago Thursday-the firebombing of Tokyo that caused 100,000 civilian deaths.

U.S. no more dangerous than Iran? This is probably one reason why people try to say "we blame America". You're equating the risk of the U.S. having nuclear weapons to the Iranian regime. No one knows exactly what Iran would do, but it's likely they'd use nuclear capability as a way to bully others in the region and be defiant. At the same time, this destabilizes the region, since other Arab nations will want to pursue nuclear weapons to counter the Iranian threat.

Iran can't nuke Israel. Israel (Palestine) is holy land, that's like Iran bombing Mecca, Saudi Arabia, just because Sunnis there (Shi'a Iranians hate Sunnis more than Jews); they'd love to kill a whole bunch of Sunnis, but they can't do that because (1) Sunnis (the majority of Muslims) would destroy them (2) It's holy land, they can't destroy their own holy places. Plus millions of Palestinians live in Israel anyway. I mean it's just stupid.

So the whole notion is non-sense, in addition to the fact the farsi translation was misinterpreted.

Besides, when was the last time Iran warred with Israel? Even their proxy warriors Hezbullah, they only fought Israel on their land but never crossed into Israeli territory. But what about Jordan? Egypt? Syria? Lebanon (non Hezbullah)? Iraq? Yemen? Saudi Arabia? They've ALL WARRED with Israel, why not Iran?

Iran is just a trouble maker in the middle east they finance proxy groups like jaysh al mahdi, hezbullah, houthis, the shia in bahrain, make loud speeches and that's about it.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Akus -

There are Jews in Iran...
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast