Thread: Walking the Precinct

Walking the Precinct

Yesterday I hit my precinct door to door for the first time in this campaign. And I tried something new I want to share. Not a new technique, but a new attitude. It helps me get motivated to do it in the first place and helps me to be a better advocate.

I am convinced that Dr. Paul derives his courage, tenacity, integrity, and good manners out of love - love of country, love of liberty, love of God, and love of his fellow man. I decided I would try to tap into the same source.

So I tried looking at the door to door outreach as an expression of love for the people I am visiting. When I go to the door I think to myself: "I am here to HELP this person. They NEED what I am bringing whether they know it or not. If they act like a jerk or reject Ron Paul it is only because they are ignorant or afraid and I still need to regard them with love." Then I try to radiate love and good will as if it were a beam of energy. Then I ring the doorbell.

It really works! It makes me more relaxed, more confident, more warm and friendly. And it makes the process more fun trying to see if I can just overwhelm the person with good will so that their resistance melts.

I think I am getting more positive responses and more openness. And I am more motivated to do more.

Just wanted to share.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good points! This absolutely puts you in the right frame of mind to discuss issues with people.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I am convinced that Dr. Paul derives his courage, tenacity, integrity, and good manners out of love - love of country, love of liberty, love of God, and love of his fellow man. I decided I would try to tap into the same source.

So I tried looking at the door to door outreach as an expression of love for the people I am visiting. When I go to the door I think to myself: "I am here to HELP this person. They NEED what I am bringing whether they know it or not. If they act like a jerk or reject Ron Paul it is only because they are ignorant or afraid and I still need to regard them with love." Then I try to radiate love and good will as if it were a beam of energy. Then I ring the doorbell.

It really works! It makes me more relaxed, more confident, more warm and friendly. And it makes the process more fun trying to see if I can just overwhelm the person with good will so that their resistance melts.

I think I am getting more positive responses and more openness. And I am more motivated to do more.

Just wanted to share.
    I'm so glad that you shared this! Love is what it's all about and it is a VERY powerful force. I think that we should all try this approach!

this is a great thread!!

i believe that Ron's campaign is run out of love and his tactic is truth and the other's are run out of selfishness and their tactic is fear.
    a comprehensive website about critical theory and how it's destroying our civilization: https://newdiscourses.com

Excellent post.

Would Ron or Rand go out looking for a confrontation? Nope. That's not how you win friends and influence people.

Go out there with the intent of helping America, knowing full-well that the people you're talking to are mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, employees and employers, workers, students, and retirees, just the same as all of us. They've got the same concerns, the same fears, and the same hopes as we do. We're all in this together, and I think if the people you're conversing with feel that you're genuinely concerned for your own family, your town, and your country they will respond favorably.

We've got the answer to the problems that plague America now. Share it with every willing ear.

Excellent attitude.
    Nothing more powerful than love.

Like flightlesskiwi said:
    i believe that Ron's campaign is run out of love and his tactic is truth and the other's are run out of selfishness and their tactic is fear.
    There's no fear in love.
    Fight their tactics of fear with truth & love.
    Can't go wrong.

Great thread.

This is a great post. Going into it with a positive attitude helps!

+rep
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner