Thread: Nominated Sandusky for Congressional Angel Award, walks off on Reporter's question

Nominated Sandusky for Congressional Angel Award, walks off on Reporter's question

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepol...psus-sandusky/

Ex-Sen. Rick Santorum, running for the Republican presidential nomination, in 2002 nominated former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky for a “Congressional Angels in Adoption Award.” The nomination by Santorum was made in the same year that a Penn State graduate assistant spotted Sandusky allegedly performing a sex act with a young boy in a shower at the university’s athletic complex. He reported the incident a day later to head football coach Joe Paterno.

“Its philosophy is simple: It is easier to develop a child than to rehabilitate an adult,” read the citation from Santorum in an awards dinner program dated Sept. 24, 2002. The citation was referring to The Second Mile, a charity launched by Sandusky in 1977 to serve disadvantaged children. It was first reported Wednesday by the Philadelphia Inquirer. Sandusky has since been charged with multiple counts of child abuse. The university’s athletic director and a vice president have been charged with perjury. Paterno, 84, coach for more than four decades, announced on Wednesday that he will retire at the end of the year.

-------
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/a-visibly...hurch-scandal/
    A Visibly Annoyed Rick Santorum Blows Off Interviewer’s Questions On Catholic Church Scandal
    James Crugnale | 11:27 am, January 6th, 2012

Rick Santorum got into a testy exchange with Boston’s WBZ political analyst Jon Keller, who asked the Republican hopeful about his views on the Catholic Church sex abuse scandal. Keller had asked the former Pennsylvania Senator about his 2005 remarks, in which he said to a Catholic publication, “it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political, and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm.”

Santorum quickly went from a smile to a scowl, as he realized what the reporter was asking him. “I’ve already answered this question a hundred times!” exclaimed Santorum. “Come on, what games are you guys playing? I’ve answered that question a hundred times.” He quickly made his way for the exit, and refused to answer more questions. Watch the altercation between Santorum and the reporter below via WBZ:

Editor note: According to the Wikipedia page on Santorum, Santorum has never apologized for those comments. In another similar interview from 2003, Santorum apparently likens sex with underaged boys - which is statutory rape, as consensual, plus several other questionable quotes from the same interview - which seems like they would need to be explained for a public figure running for political office.
    ie - http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...-excerpt_x.htm
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 01-09-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: more than one interview being referenced

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron has been asked about the newsletters/third party run more than 100 times and he still shows the patience to answer...

Good thing the media has been all over this the last week. Not.

" In the same interview Santorum apparently likens sex with underaged boys - which is statutory rape, as consensual"

W...T....F!

seriously put. he was not vetted and he spent
    the year in iowa with many questions unasked.
    http://bigjournalism.com/tag/jon-keller the local CBS
    reporter who asked him the question can be said to
    have a highbrow boston brahmin accent and he
    has a loyal following. rick S's actions did not look good...

herman cain's quaintly old fashioned bimbo eruption dirty talk and passes scandal
    actually cut short a promicing political career. reality seems warped and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    " In the same interview Santorum apparently likens sex with underaged boys - which is statutory rape, as consensual"

W...T....F!
    I, for one, think the "statutory rape" laws are BS, and I don't think there's anything wrong with consensual sex between an above-18 and a below-18. 18 is an arbitrary number, and before anybody goes off on me, many people in the Austrian school agree.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i simply do not want former senator rick santorum having any future access to any of our nuclear codes. i think he is unfit to be president.
    whether personally innocent or guilty, his decision calls have been abysmal concerning the widening PENN STATE scandal. he was not asked any questions in any thorough manner for a full year by our members of the fifth estate. if he runs at all for any lesser office in the future, he will have to face these questions. this is in the hands of the voters. rick santorum can sit there and pretend there is no problem. inaction got paterno fired.
    Last edited by Aratus; 01-09-2012 at 05:30 AM.

the youths were underage at the time, and joe paterno lost his coaching job for not looking into sandusky's suspicious actions.

How the f does the MSM not report this?

Santorum is saying that allowing any two consenting adults to have sex made it impossible for those poor priests to resist those devilish urges, so they just had to have sex with those post-pubescent men. THEY WERE F'ING RAPED, YOU A-HOLE!

In this case, what we're talking about, basically, is priests who were having sexual relations with post-pubescent men. We're not talking about priests with 3-year-olds, or 5-year-olds. We're talking about a basic homosexual relationship. Which, again, according to the world view sense is a a perfectly fine relationship as long as it's consensual between people. If you view the world that way, and you say that's fine, you would assume that you would see more of it.
    This sickens me on so many levels.

Sent this to Andrew Sullivan.
    How has this not been picked up by the MSM?

2002, Santorum article about the Catholic church sex scandal

http://www.catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=30

"It is startling that those in the media and academia appear most disturbed by this aberrant behavior, since they have zealously promoted moral relativism by sanctioning "private" moral matters such as alternative lifestyles. Priests, like all of us, are affected by culture. When the culture is sick, every element in it becomes infected. While it is no excuse for this scandal, it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm."

It gets worse.

2003, Santorum interview

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...-excerpt_x.htm

"In this case, what we're talking about, basically, is priests who were having sexual relations with post-pubescent men. We're not talking about priests with 3-year-olds, or 5-year-olds. We're talking about a basic homosexual relationship. Which, again, according to the world view sense is a a perfectly fine relationship as long as it's consensual between people. If you view the world that way, and you say that's fine, you would assume that you would see more of it."

These boys were raped, you [bleeped] [bleeped].

The moment Paul first became number one in a poll, the racist newsletters were brought up (again), just in time to keep him from winning Iowa. (Granted, the Paul campaign should have prepared for this, and should have had something ready to properly address the issue, if not pro-actively address it.)

Santorum came within a few (misplaced?) votes of winning Iowa, and now it's a week later, with people about to vote in New Hampshire, and... nothing?!? Guess they're all too busy tweeting to do any investigative research.

Disgusting. And I would say that even if I weren't a Paul supporter.

Sebastian Janssen
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by kah13176 View Post
    I, for one, think the "statutory rape" laws are BS, and I don't think there's anything wrong with consensual sex between an above-18 and a below-18. 18 is an arbitrary number, and before anybody goes off on me, many people in the Austrian school agree.

The number of people and what school of thought they follow that agree with you is irrelevant. What is relevant to this thread is that the particular child that was referenced in this thread happened to be ten years old. A ten year old is in no way prepared to give consent to male on male sexual activity. Statutory rape laws in this particular instance are necessary. Sandusky encroached on another that was defenseless. It sickens me to think that anyone would condone this behavior by saying 18 in an arbitrary number and rationalize this by saying others agree.

Bump - Santorum seems to have a long string of having no wisdom, particularly when it involves kids. The bringing the dead baby home stories seems like it might be looked at with all these stories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kah13176 View Post
    Not all on this board are proponents of the "Austrian school".
    Progress and Poverty by Henry George

Agrarian Justice by Thomas Paine

Governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deducted from it.
    --G.W.F Hegel

Santorum reminds me of the dudes father in American Beauty. Plays the part of the ultimate homophobe, yet is gay himself lol

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    The number of people and what school of thought they follow that agree with you is irrelevant. What is relevant to this thread is that the particular child that was referenced in this thread happened to be ten years old. A ten year old is in no way prepared to give consent to male on male sexual activity. Statutory rape laws in this particular instance are necessary. Sandusky encroached on another that was defenseless. It sickens me to think that anyone would condone this behavior by saying 18 in an arbitrary number and rationalize this by saying others agree.
    Before you get all self-righteous, realize that the poster was referencing Santorum's comments in the earlier USA Today interview, not the Sandusky incident. That was pretty clear from the quote that he/she responded to.