Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 35

Thread: Running as a Ron Paul commited delegate fo St. Thomas Virgin Islands

  1. #1

    Default Running as a Ron Paul commited delegate fo St. Thomas Virgin Islands

    Both my son and I are running as a Ron Paul committed delegates for St. Thomas Virgin Islands. We would appreciate any guidance to get Dr. Paul elected.
    Thanks,
    Maxi



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    MaxiVI --- good luck on your decision to be a delegate. i'm thinking of doing likewise in the baystate.

  4. #3

    Default

    Thanks Aratus. I encourage you to run for delegate! It's a critical first step.
    You know how to eat an elephant???.... One bite at a time.

  5. #4

    Default

    Welcome to the forums and thank you for stepping up. You will get some +rep from me and I hope it is the first of many.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870


  6. #5

  7. #6

    Default

    Awesome!

    Contact your GOP reps and see if they know the rules and are willing to help -- youjust want to get involved in the party =)

    Find out if it will be a primary or caucus selection, this makes a big difference. Find out what you expect attendance will be, this will also make a big difference.

    Knocking on doors is the best way to get votes. ask for the voter roles from the board of election to find out who the "super-voters" are -- and pay them a visit to get their support.

  8. #7

    Default

    Welcome! I hope Ron Paul wins all of the islands reminding Americans that they are still part of our nation.

    My wife and I were married in St Thomas, beautiful place.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

  9. #8

    Default

    Do you know the rules for your caucus and how to declare yourself as a candidate for delegate?

    The deadline to declare is February 10.

    We can have up to 6 delegates so if you know 4 other supporters, try to get them to run as delegates too.

    You can find more information about the caucus and delegate process here:

    http://vigop.com/gop-2012-convention...ction-process/

    Let us know if you have any questions.

  10. #9

    Default

    Great info and putting it to use.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    Awesome!

    Contact your GOP reps and see if they know the rules and are willing to help -- youjust want to get involved in the party =)

    Find out if it will be a primary or caucus selection, this makes a big difference. Find out what you expect attendance will be, this will also make a big difference.

    Knocking on doors is the best way to get votes. ask for the voter roles from the board of election to find out who the "super-voters" are -- and pay them a visit to get their support.

  11. #10

  12. #11

    Default

    I have one also at:
    http://www.facebook.com/VI4RonPaul
    Please "like" and join poll!

    Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    There is facebook group http://www.facebook.com/RP2012VI

    The rules of the VI caucus are described here in detail: http://vigop.com/wp-content/uploads/...s-Approved.pdf
    Last edited by MaxiVI; 02-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiVI View Post
    I have one also at:
    http://www.facebook.com/VI4RonPaul
    Please "like" and join poll!
    Is the Ron Paul visit to the VI confirmed?

  14. #13

    Default

    Max, please make sure all supporters there are registered Republicans.

    Also, have you found 4 others who are willing to be delegates?

  15. #14

    Default

    Virgin Islands allows people to cast absentee ballots. If you and your son are running as delegates, get your friends and family to vote for you on the absentee ballots. If they don't necessarily support Ron Paul, tell them that at least they can help you get to the National Convention in Florida by voting for you on an absentee ballot.

    See page 9 here:

    http://vigop.com/wp-content/uploads/...s-Approved.pdf

  16. #15

    Default

    This is fantastic! Thanks for taking the initiative! All it will take is gathering some friends and family to make a huge impact!

  17. #16

    Default

    @swiss- not yet. we are working on Feb 17-18 but need 3 more delegates. my wife is signing up Mon.
    @tsai- yes my son and i are. my wife is going to boe tomorrow. my family all support rp but don't live here. thanks
    @brittany thanks! come on down...paradise is nice.
    Last edited by MaxiVI; 02-05-2012 at 08:00 PM.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiVI View Post
    not yet. we are working on Feb 17-18 but need 3 more delegates. my wife is signing up Mon.
    What do you mean "working on Feb 17-18"? Are you referring to absentee ballots? They will be available online no later than February 17 and you can download them anytime afterwards. Then just get as many registered Republicans to vote for you, your wife and your son on the absentee ballot. You can try to sell yourself rather than selling Ron Paul if some are hesitant to vote for Ron Paul.

  19. #18

    Default

    I mean Ron Paul campaign has me scouting venues for a visit Feb. 17-18
    Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    What do you mean "working on Feb 17-18"? Are you referring to absentee ballots? They will be available online no later than February 17 and you can download them anytime afterwards. Then just get as many registered Republicans to vote for you, your wife and your son on the absentee ballot. You can try to sell yourself rather than selling Ron Paul if some are hesitant to vote for Ron Paul.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiVI View Post
    I mean Ron Paul campaign has me scouting venues for a visit Feb. 17-18
    Oh ok, cool. Well you probably know, but I want to remind you that the deadline for people to apply as delegates is February 10. Good luck over there!

  21. #20

    Default

    Yes... Thanks for the heads up tho!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Oh ok, cool. Well you probably know, but I want to remind you that the deadline for people to apply as delegates is February 10. Good luck over there!

  22. #21

  23. #22

    Default

    Get all your family to vote in the straw vote!

  24. #23

    Default

    How could this mess happen?

    Ron Paul delegates got combined the most votes but will get only one out of six delegates!

    Seems like the votes for Ron Paul delegates were too split! They should have better organized themselves, I think.

    ----------------

    VI GOP 2012 Caucus Results (Unofficial)

    Territory Wide Totals:
    [...]
    384 total cast

    112 to Paul (29%) Won one delegate

    101 to Romney (26%) Won three delegates plus three RNC member pledge. (Pick up a uncommitted delegate after the balloting for a total of seven.)

    23 to Santorm (6%) No delegates

    18 to Gingrich (5%) No delegates

    130 Uncommitted (34%) Two delegates but one changed to Romney after the vote totals were announced

    [I cant give the Link for this, as I have no permission for it for I have not written a post yet. But simply go to the VI GOP page (vigopDOTcom) to see it, as well as for the results of the single delegate candidates)

  25. #24

    Default

    I see no vote on CNN link either , just the delegates hmmmm ... http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/vi
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

    http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

  26. #25

    Default

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusI View Post
    How could this mess happen?

    Ron Paul delegates got combined the most votes but will get only one out of six delegates!

    Seems like the votes for Ron Paul delegates were too split! They should have better organized themselves, I think.

    ----------------

    VI GOP 2012 Caucus Results (Unofficial)

    Territory Wide Totals:
    [...]
    384 total cast

    112 to Paul (29%) Won one delegate

    101 to Romney (26%) Won three delegates plus three RNC member pledge. (Pick up a uncommitted delegate after the balloting for a total of seven.)

    23 to Santorm (6%) No delegates

    18 to Gingrich (5%) No delegates

    130 Uncommitted (34%) Two delegates but one changed to Romney after the vote totals were announced

    [I cant give the Link for this, as I have no permission for it for I have not written a post yet. But simply go to the VI GOP page (vigopDOTcom) to see it, as well as for the results of the single delegate candidates)
    Hey!

    It is Ron's FIRST popular vote win!!!

    I'm mighty fond of those islands!!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  28. #27

  29. #28

    Default

    MaxiVI, you did it! You are now a legend!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    One more delegate. Racking 'em up.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    MaxiVI, you did it! You are now a legend!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    One more delegate. Racking 'em up.
    You're officially my hero!
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

  31. #30

    Default

    Here's a comment from VI GOP caucus results page: http://vigop.com/2012/03/vi-gop-2012...s-coming-soon/

    Worth noting, this was NOT a primary/caucus where you vote for a candidate, this was a caucus where you vote for *up to 6* delegates. So comparing a total of votes cast for delegates listed by a candidate is misleading, because there was no need to “spread” votes among those delegates, all a RONPAUL supporter had to do was vote for all six, and they’d each have at least 29
    MaxVI, if you read this, can you explain the delegate process in the Virgin Islands and tell us whether this comment is accurate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
  2. Paul wins US Virgin Islands
    By nyrgoal99 in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 06:24 PM
  4. Virgin Islands - How to become a delegate
    By tsai3904 in forum Virgin Islands
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 06:10 PM
  5. Ron Paul to visit Virgin Islands!
    By libertyVI in forum Virgin Islands
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •