Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would it be constitutional for Ron Paul to make Rand his VP?

Would it be constitutional for Ron Paul to make Rand his VP?

is that legal? to make your son VP? would be a hell of a ticket

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, why not?
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

The bumper stickers would just say Paul 2012.

Isn't there some clause that u cant have family members? Sure someone posted it recently

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, why not?
    There are restrictions on who can be VP. I believe they need to be residents of different states. Ron from Texas. Rand from Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    There are restrictions on who can be VP. I believe they need to be residents of different states. Ron from Texas. Rand from Kentucky.
    Boom!

Last edited by Unknown.User; 07-22-2012 at 02:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    The bumper stickers would just say Paul 2012.
    That would be cool.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Yeah, while it is the ideal ticket for governing it is a bad campaign idea and would be subject to so many vicious attacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown.User View Post
    This is not a good idea and is not going to happen.
    I'm a new guy to the forum and so are you. You're telling the Veteran forum guys it's a bad idea. That's funny.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post

Would make for a good third party ticket if that ever came into being....

I don't think it would be effective to dump everyone into one branch of government.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPatriot View Post
    Yeah, while it is the ideal ticket for governing it is a bad campaign idea and would be subject to so many vicious attacks...

i suppose, but rand paul is beloved by the establishment and would unite republicans that would not vote for ron

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been thinking about Amash. Is he too young to be Veep?
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

It's really the perfect ticket for us, but a father/son ticket would just be really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    I've been thinking about Amash. Is he too young to be Veep?
    Yes, he is only like 31.

Sure, but its not a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
    Yes, he is only like 31.
    And we desperately need him in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    lol

They'd spin it as the Paul's attempting to set up a monarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

I don't think its a good idea. He's probably the best and is an attack dog and good for the media but its best to keep him in the Senate. Maybe if Ron Paul is prez, Rand can work his way into a position of influence/power in the senate and help advocate for Paul's positions.

But to tell the truth, I don't know who would make a good VP pick. He/she has to help the ticket become electable in key states as well as make sure that if Paul dies, he/she will continue with the policy of liberty. Maybe Judge Napolitano but he isn't well known nationally. Jesse Ventura was mentioned before but he'd be tied to too many controversies and isn't a Republican.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, they just have to be from different states. The issues would be of a different nature. But personally I'd be fine with it.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Dr. Paul serve one term with Rand as VP. Rand run for POTUS in 2016....
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Last edited by Unknown.User; 07-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Seriously, you support Ron Paul, yet never have read the Constitution?

I saw someone on facebook with a Ron Paul avatar ask what is the minimum age to be President. Seriously people, read the Constitution.

The only provision that could hurt would be if Rand was from Texas as well. A member of the electoral college may not cast a vote for President and VP from the same state, if they are of that state per Amendment XII. So say if Rand was actually from Texas, the Texas electoral members couldn't vote for Ron and Rand.

That is why when Bush and Cheney ran together, Cheney was from Texas at the time had to establish a residence again in Wyoming or else he couldn't have gotten those electoral votes from Texas for VP in 2000....he wouldn't have secured enough (270) electoral votes to become VP and the election for Vice-President would have gone to the Senate.

The only requirement is that the veep has to be 35 or older, a natural born citizen, and from a different state than the president.

If Paul was president, he should save Judge Nap for supreme court nom.

I would think that Walter Williams would make a good V.P. because he is a good libertarian economist and it would help remove the racist nonsense the media will put out 24/7.

Another good veep choice may be a celebrity libertarian. Like maybe Stossel or Penn or Teller.

Mark Skousen or David Boaz. Tom Woods.

walter williams is 76 also. we need someone younger than ron by a margin. Judge Nap would be perfect. I'm sure there are other good libertarian judges who Ron could find for the Supreme Court. the great thing about judge is his ability to speak and appear commanding and knoweledgable and more of an enforcer for ron. perfect imo. and would loveeee to see judge debate biden haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast