Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Farris Hits Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jrowberg View Post
    I just wrote and posted a rebuttal, based in some cases on comments in this thread. Thanks!

Why Michael Farris is Wrong about Ron Paul on Homeschooling

Comments, corrections, and critiques welcome.
    Awesome response. Thanks for doing this! I actually contacted Tom Woods about this, considering he homeschools his kids (if I remember correctly). Hopefully he'll write something/post a video sometime regarding this issue.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconplayer11 View Post
    Awesome response. Thanks for doing this! I actually contacted Tom Woods about this, considering he homeschools his kids (if I remember correctly). Hopefully he'll write something/post a video sometime regarding this issue.
    Tom Woods does NOT homeschool his kids. When I asked him about it, he said he believes in the "division of labor." His choice. But it does make it difficult to avoid the pressure of vaccinations.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Tom Woods does NOT homeschool his kids. When I asked him about it, he said he believes in the "division of labor." His choice. But it does make it difficult to avoid the pressure of vaccinations.
    Oh...well I thought he said he did. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    If you don't feel qualified for whatever reason to teach your own kids, then I can totally see the argument for having someone else do it. I bet he defends homeschooling on principle anyway. It might not be one of his personal battles though, who knows.

By the way, thanks for the encouraging reviews of my post! I'm glad it turned out as well as it has. I've got almost 700 views on it today, and no real dissenters except that one guy who is inexplicably afraid of the $5k education tax credit.
    Last edited by jrowberg; 01-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Aside from the argument that Mike Farris is a big neocon, is it possible he wants the government to continue screwing up education at the state and federal levels? After all, is home schooling really the ideal solution? Will "home dentistry", "home haircuttery", and "home heartsurgery" follow? Tom Woods is right regarding the division of labor. It is partly by the state so completely dropping the ball that home schooling has grown in appeal. Not unlike the neocon/anti-establishment Paul bashers on the radio, the last thing they want to do is fix a problem which gives them so much profit.

A true leader in Washington DC would suck so much oxygen from all these pretenders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12