Thread: Paul should stop being abstract (stop saying freedom/liberty 100 times in a sentence) and

Paul should stop being abstract (stop saying freedom/liberty 100 times in a sentence) and

give details, IMO.

Even Frothy is giving details (stats, laws/bills etc.) on questions asked.

Professional Neo-con catcher ™

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron gives lots of details, but he also goes abstract, sometimes at the right times, sometimes not.

Perfection is difficult, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Hopefully the campaign if fully briefing him on the key issues related to the intended audience. It might mean we don't like the responses because we are thinking of the national audience. I thought he did NOT handle the criticism on defense and the Straight of Hormuz accusations well last night and this morning, but "liberty" is probably a larger issue in New Hampshire with the independents who may already agree with him on foreign policy. But he will need to change his strategy for SC.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

I don't know about that.

I think we don't have enough 'abstract', to be honest. Everyone wants concrete plans on minute details and Ron Paul's entire philosophy is that the federal government shouldn't even be doing those things, so it would seem like a contradiction to his entire platform, lol.

I know what you're saying, though, in that it makes it look like the candidates have a plan if they talk about specific things. Romney laid out a whole plan on Natural Gas which is totally irrelevant since the Fed.gov doesn't even need to do anything (except get out of the way) for the market to take care of energy.

Then Ron Paul chimes in with something like 'what the role of government ought to be' and it sails right over the voters' heads (unfortunately)
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-08-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I do agree on this. I believe that the average republican doesn't give a damn about liberty. They care more about Iran and the economy.

I was saying the same thing. What is the word "liberty" suppose to mean to anyone when he says it? He might as well be saying we need to return to apples. Most americans have no idea just how badly their liberties have been stepped on through regulations, laws and policies, and how they just make life so much harder for the average Joe to eek out a decent living. RP needs to explain more specificically where it's been lost and how and why protecting liberty is important in a way the average Joe can get it.

Even if he said something like " A return to the freedoms that makes it easier for everyone to get a piece of the American pie" the people would be like , " YES YES YES!!
    Supporting Ron Paul since 2007-was an active member at the old RP forums in '07-'08, went by my name Cindy. Good times, good times getting involved with such awesome people for a critical cause. I will always love RP supporters for the kindred spirits they are to me. Bless all of you!!!!

Avatar is Nike- the goddess of Victory!

Ahuwale Ka Nane Huna translation- What was secret is no longer hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by AhuwaleKaNaneHuna View Post
    Even if he said something like " A return to the freedoms that makes it easier for everyone to get a piece of the American pie" the people would be like , " YES YES YES!!
    Yeah cheesy stuff like that usually turns republicans on.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Ron should stop saying "liberty" and "freedom" when the others quit saying "Reagan" "Iran" "War" "God" "Constitution", etc. Not that I am saying those words are bad, I am simply stating the fact that the other candidates say these bingo type words to catch the crowd's attention. It happens every debate. Newt mentions Reagan at every debate, and is usually first to do so. That's his code word to pique the crowd's interests.

Anyone familiar with "Family Guy?" Anyone see the episode where Lois runs for mayor? And Brian tells her that she needs to say stupid and simple things, because undecided voters are "the most ignorant people on this planet." Lois tries to go into detail about her plans, but realizes that she needs to take Brian's advice. So, she starts saying "9/11" and "Terrorism is bad" in a monotone voice, and the crowd cheers and goes wild.

That's what it's like.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

If only Ron Paul was half as smart as some on RPF think they are. Then RP would be the ruler of the Universe.

(Sarcasm)
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by AhuwaleKaNaneHuna View Post
    I was saying the same thing. What is the word "liberty" suppose to mean to anyone when he says it? He might as well be saying we need to return to apples. Most americans have no idea just how badly their liberties have been stepped on through regulations, laws and policies, and how they just make life so much harder for the average Joe to eek out a decent living. RP needs to explain more specificically where it's been lost and how and why protecting liberty is important in a way the average Joe can get it.

I think it should be obvious that his target audience is a group of people whose state motto is "live free or die".

Hes a champion of liberty and I think the campaign must have felt that the term "liberty" has to be associated with Ron Paul in the mind of NH voters.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne373 View Post
    If only Ron Paul was half as smart as some on RPF think they are. Then RP would be the ruler of the Universe.

(Sarcasm)
    i will say it for you with out sarcasm tag , If only Ron Paul was half as smart as some on RPF think they are.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Exactly, thank you.

I encourage people to watch this video. As most of us may know, this is what we are up against.

Amateurs really need to stop giving advice to someone who's given speeches for 30+ years. I'm pretty tired of reading this crap.

Liberty, liberty, liberty, almost all of his positions make sense once someone takes the time to look up liberty. He knows what he is doing, it is up to the rest to take his lead and learn it, love it, live it.

All of his talk of liberty and freedom are what brought me to Ron Paul. That and his consistent background. Freedom and Liberty is a universal message that appeals to most Americans regardless of their favorite letter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by StateofTrance View Post
    give details, IMO.

Even Frothy is giving details (stats, laws/bills etc.) on questions asked.
    I disagree. His message is to educate--and God knows so many people need that education, they do not get in public schools!!

Most people don't even know the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. It's sad.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I think both sides in this debate have merit, one should be speaking in terms of benefits of the customer, yet Ron is 76 and for better or for worse got to where he is doing what he does and it's harder for one to adapt mindset at that age.

That said, to broaden this, the other people have a point and I discourage attacking them.
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

the idea is that every time you say these words they become a little less abstract.

Main Stream Media was making fun of PAUL with his last statement this morning... Even Twitter had their posts.

Jim whatever who used to work for Rueters poster... "Last question ...Ron parroting Liberty and ...Liberty"
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by goldpants View Post
    Liberty, liberty, liberty, almost all of his positions make sense once someone takes the time to look up liberty. He knows what he is doing, it is up to the rest to take his lead and learn it, love it, live it.
    But people like you are totally missing the point, you are obviously someone who takes the time to research things and think them through, but have you walked around America lately? It's all about quick easy to swallow soundbites, it disgusts me, but that's the reality, probably 80% of the things Ron talks about - Austrian, Keynesian, Liberty, Sound Money, Property Rights, and even yes, the Constitution - most people have no idea what he's talking about and never will, that is the reality, so do we sit around waiting for the average American to have their IQ jump 50 points or do we find a way to work with what we have?
    Last edited by Butchie; 01-08-2012 at 11:42 AM.