Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Is Censoring Ron Paul Supporters

Facebook Is Censoring Ron Paul Supporters

I have been getting news from fellow Ron Paul supporters on face book who have been telling me that their accounts are being censored. I am asking the most tech savvy users on these forums is there anything we can do to restore these peoples accounts? I find what face book is doing to be disgusting. Facebook is a great tool that allows us to contact family and friends with information that counters the crap heard on the MSM. If we begin to lose social media sites due to censorship it will make it very difficult for us to spread the truth while the media tries to slander us and Dr. Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Given that users can block other's feeds without "unfriending" I'd be highly surprised if Facebook was shutting people down for posting Ron Paul material. I'm sure that Syrians Libyans and Egyptians all posted content at the same rate during the Arab Spring. If we can get some censorship notices/proof we can call them out for picking and choosing revolutions.
    Never in the history of America have individuals come out to support a candidate like this. with so many of us willing to spend every dime to our name, donate every hour we can spare, and brave literally hell to vote for him. .

Quote Originally Posted by Cshelton21 View Post
    Given that users can block other's feeds without "unfriending" I'd be highly surprised if Facebook was shutting people down for posting Ron Paul material. I'm sure that Syrians Libyans and Egyptians all posted content at the same rate during the Arab Spring. If we can get some censorship notices/proof we can call them out for picking and choosing revolutions.
    So what would we have to do to get that proof? Are you saying that individuals who are "friends" of the people who are posting positive things about Ron Paul are themselves being targeted by their "friends" and then they are being censored by face book after "x" amount of people make complaints?

It just depends on how the censorship is occurring. Are they locking out people accounts? by any chance are the people who are possibly being censored violating an rules or the ToS agreement for Facebook? are peoples feeds just not showing up? when we have the details on how it's happening we can then expose it. currently I'm posting 5-10 articles of Pro-Ron Paul material each day. and looking at my wife's news feed from me she see's all of it.

I can do a lot of things to make a video showing the censorship I just need to see how its going down.
    Never in the history of America have individuals come out to support a candidate like this. with so many of us willing to spend every dime to our name, donate every hour we can spare, and brave literally hell to vote for him. .

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyOrDeath1776 View Post
    I have been getting news from fellow Ron Paul supporters on face book who have been telling me that their accounts are being censored. I am asking the most tech savvy users on these forums is there anything we can do to restore these peoples accounts? I find what face book is doing to be disgusting. Facebook is a great tool that allows us to contact family and friends with information that counters the crap heard on the MSM. If we begin to lose social media sites due to censorship it will make it very difficult for us to spread the truth while the media tries to slander us and Dr. Paul.
    Define "being censored."

I've observed a trend personally. My facebook pages become locked from posting on walls or comments anytime there has been a big event coming up. Others have reported the same.

For example, I was banned from posting for 15 days on the day of the Nov 22 CNN Debate.
    Then, I was banned again for 60 days on the day of the Dec 15 Fox Debate.
    Today, two of my pages were banned for posting "spammy" or "irrelevant comments" on others pages or walls.

The interesting thing isi that I'm only posting on high traffic Ron Paul friendly pages!!

What I suspect (not conspiracy theory, just seems the most logical explanation) is that organized profiles (other candidates supporters, other candidate grassroots, organized trolls, etc) are mass-reporting my posts as "spam" or "abuse" while trolling the Ron Paul pages.

Any thoughts?
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

I got off Facebook because I don't trust them.

Or the government.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

i have yet to be banned from posting of sending friend requests (yet), but i know you definitely aren't the only person experiencing that same scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    I've observed a trend personally. My facebook pages become locked from posting on walls or comments anytime there has been a big event coming up. Others have reported the same.

For example, I was banned from posting for 15 days on the day of the Nov 22 CNN Debate.
    Today, two of my pages were banned for posting "spammy" or "irrelevant comments" on others pages or walls.

The interesting thing isi that I'm only posting on high traffic Ron Paul friendly pages!!

What I suspect (not conspiracy theory, just seems the most logical explanation) is that organized profiles (other candidates supporters, other candidate grassroots, organized trolls, etc) are mass-reporting my posts as "spam" or "abuse" while trolling the Ron Paul pages.

Any thoughts?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Any thoughts?
    Makes sense because I don't usually post on those things and I've never noticed any censorship like that. And my page is FULL of Ron Paul stuff plus I have the V mask as my profile.

But doesn't that mean we can do the same?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I don't think so. I am getting mine just fine.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Any thoughts?
    Sounds like automated anti-spam algorithm: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_932200.html

Sounds like it could be manipulated in the other direction as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post

But doesn't that mean we can do the same?
    ^^this. It would need to be organized outside a public forum. I think it's BS when I see trolls with disinformation freely posting on Ron Paul pages, yet I'm banned from posting.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post

Or the government.
    I don't trust them either, I am just looking for a date.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyOrDeath1776 View Post
    Facebook was founded by the See Eye Ay, through a proxy InQTel.

What do you expect?

+rep

Its just supporters of another candidate marking you as spam. If you're account is locked, simply just open a ticket. THey will ban the people that are marking spam things that aren't spam. Its an automated system.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I don't trust them either, I am just looking for a date.
    That is how i found my current lady of 6 months.
    She friended me after i randomly friended another hot chick.
    I texted her for a few weeks then was in like spin.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rblgenius View Post
    Its just supporters of another candidate marking you as spam. If you're account is locked, simply just open a ticket. THey will ban the people that are marking spam things that aren't spam. Its an automated system.
    How do you open a ticket?

I think it's BS when I see trolls with disinformation
    freely posting on Ron Paul pages, yet I'm banned from posting.
    You are So Right!!!

Liberty is going to be a tough movement to unify.

People still use facebook, even after little marky said this? http://www.businessinsider.com/well-...roblems-2010-5

Its like the devil laughing at you as you sell your soul.
    Last edited by drak; 01-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.

I've been doing a nice amount of spamming, even on Santorum, Romney and Huntsman's facebook pages.

Maybe it depends on what youre saying or how its being said?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnica View Post
    Facebook was founded by the See Eye Ay

I guess that Mark Zuckerberg is not a Ron Paul supporter? Who would've guessed that?

I simply can't reach facebook.com from my computer right now. My internet is working fine but facebook simply doesn't respond. I tried from my blackberry and it did work so my account is not locked but the site is not available to the IP address I post from? It was working fine 10 minutes ago and then I tried to go to Ben Swann's page. The facebook search would not return his page so I tried to get to it from google and that's when I could no longer connect to facebook.
    Last edited by dfalken; 01-06-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post

Or the government.
    Yes Facebook is a big intelligence collecting device and most of the sheep of this country are providing reams of personal information to the government by using it, allowing them even to trace your associations, and their associations...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by cdc482 View Post
    This thread made me lol

Read it from the perspective of someone who is outside Ron Paul supporters.

Seconding the "this thread made me LOL" sentiment. Breath, they're not censoring RP supporters.

Well I just changed my DNS server and now it works, but it was weird that it stopped working exactly when I looked up Ben Swann

Coincidence is not causation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast