Thread: First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then they ignore you?

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then they ignore you?

Is it me or has the MSM gone full circle, going back to ignoring Ron Paul? Since they don't want to promote his policies and activities and the "scandals" have burned out, it seems they prefer to just act like he no longer exists, again.

Pardon the misquote BTW. The point remains the same though.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 01-06-2012 at 02:15 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You misquoted Ghandi.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

We will win. We already have won. More people are hearing the message of liberty and fighting against tyranny than in 2008. I can testify that

Quote Originally Posted by rblgenius View Post
    You misquoted Ghandi.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

We will win. We already have won. More people are hearing the message of liberty and fighting against tyranny than in 2008. I can testify that
    What BnB is saying is that the media seems to have gone back to step 1 in the Ghandi flow chart since step 3 didn't work.
    Welcome to the USSA.

America, the Doctor will free you now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    What BnB is saying is that the media seems to have gone back to step 1 in the Ghandi flow chart since step 3 didn't work.
    The MSM will never say someone wins. The MSM doesn't know anything past step 3. If they were positive, they wouldn't get ratings. Its a simple fact of tv ratings. Negativity gets ratings

somewhere in there there's a "pretend you don't exist at all"

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...40439898_n.jpg

This happens SO often and only to RP, it's hard to get around the question of whether this is orchestrated or just a bunch of self-interested elites scared out of their wits.

Haha I posted that pic on twitter

Follow me @sumvoxpopuli

Not really. We're still getting press.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    technically there is no record of Ghandi saying this, however it's often attributed to him. and it's still a great message.

from the webz:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Describing the stages of a winning strategy of nonviolent activism. There is no record of Gandhi saying this. A close variant of the quotation first appears in a 1918 US trade union address by Nicholas Klein:

And, my friends, in this story you have a history of this entire movement. First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you. And that, is what is going to happen to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America.
    Last edited by affa; 01-06-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    And, my friends, in this story you have a history of this entire movement. First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you. And that, is what is going to happen to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America.
    LOL at the punchline

Let's stick to Ghandi saying it
    "People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."

– George Orwell