Thread: Let's get organized. Join the Facebook group. Become a delegate. Be prepared.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Let's get organized. Join the Facebook group. Become a delegate. Be prepared.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/307173775994423/

** UPDATE **

The group privacy level is now "secret", which means the link above will likely not work for you. Please PM me for access or express your interest below and I will contact you. Sorry for the inconvenience. There are good reasons for us doing this which is for our benefit.
    Last edited by pebcak; 01-06-2012 at 01:11 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent

I posted this to a few other Nebraska RP facebook pages. I think we can get a good number of people behind this.

I have friends who like Dr. Paul, but aren't sure what they're getting into as a delegate (quite frankly, neither am I). They don't necessary want to/or have a lot of time to devote to getting Dr. Paul elected. This will sound a little apathetic unfortunately, but what's the least they can do as delegates for Ron Paul? Can I ask them for just 3-4 hours of their time if they don't plan to advance to the state convention?

It's important for people to know that Nebraska delegates are unbound to the popular vote in the primary. The primary election is entirely for show, so the only thing that matters for Ron Paul is who goes to national. What matters for the liberty movement is who gets to state.

If people will be willing to come to the county convention, that itself can be a big help, especially in the more populous areas where there is a good deal of competition. Even if they file to be delegate and cannot make the county convention for some conflict, they are not obligated to attend.

Edit: I should add that the county convention often involves sitting through a few speeches, a few votes on committees and platforms, then delegate nomination and voting, either by county or by legislative district. Wouldn't take more than 3 hours of their time some evening sometime in June.
    Last edited by pebcak; 01-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.

I clicked the FB link -- this happen often?

This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by vechorik View Post
    I clicked the FB link -- this happen often?

This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    There's a reason for it. Fear not. It's been decided to organize slightly differently.