Thread: Ran the Northern Pass ad again today

Exclamation Ran the Northern Pass ad again today

In the Berlin, Conway and Laconia Sun.

Sadly, I'm out of town so I wasn't able to pick one up, but I have a copy coming and will post a pic when I can.

Maybe it helped these three papers shift their endorsement to Ron Paul.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-for-President

These are all sister papers to the Granite State News, where I ran this ad a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-05-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    In the Berlin, Conway and Laconia Sun.

Sadly, I'm out of town so I wasn't able to pick one up, but I have a copy coming and will post a pic when I can.

Maybe it helped these three papers shift their endorsement to Ron Paul.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-for-President

These are all sister papers to the Granite State News, where I ran this ad a couple weeks ago.

That's great! This issue is big with NH folk, correct?
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

upper more rural areas are 100% furious at the hideous snaking eminent domian land grabbing power lines.
    they see them as a blight on the landscape as the benefits of the canadian power is going much lower down
    into new england. eminent domain is a stern cuss word to all olde yankees, it chills the bone. think empathy.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Where does Huntsman stand on Northern Pass?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Let us know if you need any funds for these ads?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Where does Huntsman stand on Northern Pass?
    Campaign 2012
    Huntsman unveils energy plan in N.H.

By Shira Schoenberg, Globe Correspondent

DURHAM, N.H. – Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman today laid out an energy plan that would expand domestic energy production; open the market for transportation fuels other than oil; and fund basic research in energy technology.

“For the sake of America’s economic and national security, we must unshackle ourselves from the scourge of foreign oil,” Huntsman said, in a speech to more than 125 people, mostly students, at the University of New Hampshire.

The former Utah governor spoke after touring the university’s power plant - a combined heat- and power-producing plant, called a cogeneration plant, that powers campus with methane gas from a landfill. Huntsman’s basic ideas were similar to those laid out by other Republican candidates – expanding domestic energy production and rolling back government regulations.

Huntsman said he would support drilling for oil across the United States, including in Alaska, and in the Gulf of Mexico. He would import more oil from Canada, and would support the Keystone pipeline, a proposed pipeline that would transport oil from Canada to refineries in the United States. He would favor the use of hydraulic fracturing, or “fracking,” a method of extracting natural gas that has been criticized by environmental activists. He would lift regulations that limit the export of coal, and remove barriers to the development of nuclear technology.

“Regulations and approvals for new wells and pipelines need to be streamlined, and directed to move at the speed of business,” Huntsman said.

In the transportation industry, Huntsman said he would “break oil’s monopoly” on fueling vehicles, eliminating regulatory barriers to converting vehicles to natural gas.

He said, “The Federal Trade Commission and Senate Judiciary Committee must commence an expedited review of the fuel distribution network.

“Breaking oil’s monopoly will also require the repeal of regulations that prevent a truly open and fair market.”

Huntsman said he would support “state-based solutions,” looking for example at California’s geothermal industry, and Iowa’s energy from wind.

He would also eliminate all subsidies for the energy industry – whether oil, natural gas, wind or solar power – and would instead invest in “basic research that will lead to the energy technologies of tomorrow.”

One energy initiative that Huntsman stopped short of supporting was the controversial Northern Pass project, which has raised a firestorm of criticism in New Hampshire. The Northern Pass project involves creating a new transmission line from a hydroelectric power facility in Canada to a “power pool” in New England. Northern Pass says the project will lessen reliance on fossil fuels. But the project has met fierce opposition across New Hampshire, including from property owners who fear their land will be taken against their will through the power of eminent domain.

Asked about the project, Huntsman said he thinks private property rights should prevail. But, he said, “It isn’t an either, or. It’s private property right holders and community members sitting down with government regulators, corporate representatives and making decisions that maybe reroute something, maybe deal with the project differently.”

This is the third major policy address Huntsman has given in New Hampshire, the state where he is staking his campaign and trying to build his base of support. Yesterday, he rolled out a list of 47 New Hampshire businessmen who are supporting him, led by Renee Riedel-Plummer, vice president of marketing at the corporate real estate development firm Two International Group; First Colebrook Bank CEO Jim Tibbetts; and former state senator and founder of the medical supply distributor Bound Tree Medical David Currier.

Later today, Huntsman plans to tour Global Relief Technologies in Portsmouth, a company that creates mobile computing technology for use in military operations, emergency relief, and other extreme situations.
    Shira Schoenberg can be reached at sschoenberg@globe.com. Follow her on Twitter @shiraschoenberg.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politic...mrK/index.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

http://www.dailypaul.com/200022/nort...n-someone-help

Northern Pass in New Hampshire can someone HELP

This is the big news in New Hampshire:

The Romney people are in with the electric company. This is BIG news.

http://i.imgur.com/R2tFG.jpg

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...0605/710139973
    "The Northern Pass is a proposed $1.1 billion hydroelectric transmission project that would bring 1,200 megawatts of power to New England. The project is being proposed by Northeast Utilities, the parent company of Public Service of New Hampshire and NSTAR and would be paid for and the electricity provided by Hydro-Quebec. The project would use 140 miles of existing PSNH right of way to build new transmission towers. It also needs to secure 40 miles of new right of way in northern New Hampshire to connect with Canada. To cross the international border requires a Presidential permit.

Paul said he does not support the President having that sort of power, and he said it should be decided at the state level and have the support of the state. While Northern Pass officials have said recently they have no plans to seek eminent domain and are working to get landowner consent to build the entire line, at public hearings on the issues earlier this year, representatives said that they might resort to petitioning for eminent domain to complete the project."

UPDATE: Ron Paul is very good for the people of New Hampshire! BIG business is trying to take land through eminent domain, Romney is behind this, bad news!! Not good for the little guy once again!

More research needs to be done on this, but RP needs to be on top of this in NH. Can we help run this ad? Can someone do a chip in and get this in the newspapers?

"When Mitt Romney has breakfast this morning at a $500-a-person fundraiser in the ballroom of the Grand Hyatt hotel in Manhattan, he'll count Greg Butler among the event's 88 co-chairs.

Butler co-chaired a similar New York fundraiser in September. He donated money to Romney's 2008 presidential campaign and donated $2,500 to the former Massachusetts governor in May.

He's also senior vice president and general counsel for the Northern Pass project, a plan to import hydroelectric energy from Canada along 180 miles of new transmission lines in New Hampshire." http://www.concordmonitor.com/articl...omney-takes-no...

Last edited by donnay; 01-05-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

You need to be reaching people on Facebook with this issue. How many people still read print media??
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

+rep to AF!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bump
    Why?

BRING BACK OLD AVATAR!!!
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Yeah, I sent them the ad copy and money before I left for work and started this thread while away.

It was either the same week or just before.

You dirty mother-fringer! That could've been an official pamphlet!

Way to lose it for us man.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.