Thread: Paul Earns First Political Endorsement! Top NJ State Assemblyman!

Paul Earns First Political Endorsement! Top NJ State Assemblyman!

Nice!

Ron Paul to get endorsed by New Jersey’s top Conservative Assemblyman Larry Fester
    Published 11/09/2007 - 2:17 p.m. EST

USA Daily exclusive - New Jersey’s top Conservative state legislator, Republican Assemblyman Michael J. Doherty (R) is set to endorse Ron Paul Saturday during Paul’s Liberty Rally at Independence Mall in Philadelphia PA.

Doherty’s endorsement will be the first high profile endorsement of Ron Paul from an elected official in the Garden State.

Doherty’s name often gets bantered about as a potential gubernatorial or U.S. senate candidate among conservative activists in the state. The endorsement may have influence among Social and Fiscal Conservatives in New Jersey’s GOP primary this February.

Doherty has a strong pro-life record and has never voted for a tax increase. The assemblyman is a top vote earner among Conservatives and Moderates in his district and is known for his defense of the Bill of Rights.

It should also be noted that Doherty is a West Point graduate and his endorsement of Ron Paul may be seen as further evidence that Ron Paul has growing support among those with military backgrounds.

USA Daily has learned that monetary policy and a non interventionist foreign policy were both major factors that Doherty took into consideration regarding tomorrow’s endorsement of Ron Paul.

Doherty’s endorsement of Ron Paul may also be an early sign that some Republicans are starting to think Paul can win the nomination.

The endorsement may also be a sign that Ron Paul is intending to compete in north eastern states against Rudy Giuliani where Paul’s anti-war message and defense of civil liberties may be resonating well.

Ron Paul has momentum working for him now and there is a potential that his campaign may just be in the early stages of its growth.

There is already a buzz about another online grass roots fund raising extravaganza called the Boston Tea Party for the weekend of December 15th and 16th to commemorate the anniversary of the Bill of Rights and the Boston Tea Party.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The campaign needs to make a list of its endorsements whether they're politicans or celebrities or hedge fund managers.

This sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think I've ever paid attention to an endorsement in my life. Do they generally carry a lot of weight with some segments of voters?
    I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue! -- Barry Goldwater

The Law -- Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by beerista View Post
    This sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think I've ever paid attention to an endorsement in my life. Do they generally carry a lot of weight with some segments of voters?
    In NJ and NH they can
    No one reads signatures.

Thumbs up

Do you have any idea what is the source of this article? (newspaper or website)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent looks like grassroots may have an ally in the Garden State
    'It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds' -Samuel Adams

EDIT: Hope it's true...
    Last edited by Anti-Donkey; 11-09-2007 at 03:40 PM.
    Wait! Before you send an email, make a phone call, etc, ask yourself:

What Would Ron Paul Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Donkey View Post
    Contact New Jersey papers and stations and make sure they know.
    It'd probably be best to have verification first, no?

Quote Originally Posted by MS0453 View Post
    It'd probably be best to have verification first, no?
    Oops! Yea, I thought it was verified. I edited my post.
    Wait! Before you send an email, make a phone call, etc, ask yourself:

What Would Ron Paul Do?

The most crucial aspect of an endorsement is that the person who endorses you ultimately will lobby for you with other voters and get you donations, so it is quite important.

This is not the first, he has an endorsement from a NH state rep.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/

more info from that site. Must of been a false rumor going around..

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by conner_condor View Post
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/

more info from that site. Must of been a false rumor going around..
    I dont understand....is the RP endorsement correct? Are you posting about Huckabee?