Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 NH Newspapers Endorse Ron Paul for President

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I can't say for sure that the ads influenced the editorial board at Salmon Press, but I remain convinced that it is a strong possibility and that I am certain of the fact that bringing Ron's position on Northern Pass helped him win Coos county

Now, any logical person looking at this would safely assume that, (post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacies notwithstanding) here is one person that made a difference on an issue that the campaign ignored, therefore, the campaign either:

A - $#@!ed up, big time.

B - Did it on purpose.

Those are the ONLY conclusions that one can come to, IF you assume that running the ads and bringing this issue to the forefront was what caused Ron to win Coos county in NH.

That is why Collins must throw around the “after this therefore because of this” logical fallacy idea, to foil the idea that the campaign and, I'm assuming his bosses or cohorts, including Jesse Benton, were either:

A - Incompetent jackasses.

B - Complicit sons of bitches.

But “after this therefore because of this” is not engraved in stone, in fact, it is more true than not.

After I stuck my hand in the fire, therefore I got burned, because I stuck my hand in the fire.
    He's just poison, poison, poison, poison--not a freaking drop of honey. Genuine analysis takes some intellect, not pedestrian opportunism.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, exactly, what Teh Banana said.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I can't say for sure that the ads influenced the editorial board at Salmon Press, but I remain convinced that it is a strong possibility and that I am certain of the fact that bringing Ron's position on Northern Pass to the people helped him win Coos county

Now, any logical person looking at this would safely assume that, (post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacies notwithstanding) here is one person that made a difference on an issue that the campaign ignored, therefore, the campaign either:

A - $#@!ed up, big time.

B - Did it on purpose.

Those are the ONLY conclusions that one can come to, IF you assume that running the ads and bringing this issue to the forefront was what caused Ron to win Coos county in NH.

That is why Collins must throw around the “after this therefore because of this” logical fallacy idea, to foil the idea that the campaign and, I'm assuming his bosses or cohorts, including Jesse Benton, were either:

A - Incompetent jackasses.

B - Complicit sons of bitches.

But “after this therefore because of this” is not engraved in stone, in fact, it is more true than not.

After I stuck my hand in the fire, therefore I got burned, because I stuck my hand in the fire.
    Your reasoning is not sound and does not hold up to scrutiny.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Why in $#@!'s name do you have a problem with him running ads on his own goddamned dime?
    Well, I don't really, but there are some potential problems...

The candidate no longer has control of his message if the grassroots begin to do their own thing... and that money could likely be better spent doing other things than running ads in the paper.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

The candidate no longer has control of his message if the grassroots begin to do their own thing... and that money could likely be better spent doing other things than running ads in the paper.
    Read: Legal Defense Slush Fund.

@Collins, what was your position on the blimp back in '08?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Read: Legal Defense Slush Fund.
    oh, snap.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Complete waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    He was against it. A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why.

Although in that thread he did say that PACs were acceptable:

What does HQ have to do with anything? Run your own ads through a PAC locally and get local meetup supporters to pool their money together.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sure. There are potential problems, like if it made RP look like a loony (it didn't), but you don't have the expertise or the authority to tell or even advise anyone on how to spend the money they made. Most people do real work to earn their money and will resent you immensely for getting on your high-horse and acting as if you know better than them.

Usually I just antagonize you, because you can be so offensive, but in this post--I'm actually giving you valuable advice--for free. You ought to take it.

That'll be the last time.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    He was against it. A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why.

Although in that thread he did say that PACs were acceptable:
    Lol. From that link:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...EA-here-is-why

THE KEY IS TARGETED ADVERTISING!
    This means instead of buying a blimp spend money on the following things (in this order):[/SIZE][/B]

• Buy ads in local papers close to the editoral pages, in the business section, and in the local section

Bwahaha! What a putz.

I have a minor in marketing. I work in advertising (among other things).

A blimp for Ron Paul is a bad idea and the reason is because it is not very targeted.

If you fly a blimp over a city and 1,000,000 people see the blimp, only x% of those people will be registered voters, and only about 10-20% of those registered voters will vote in the primary, and if it's a major city I would venture to say most of them will be Democrats (urban areas are almost always Democratic - in closed primary states this is a waste).

This means that out of 1 million people that see the blimp, you might only reach a few thousand people that might possibly vote for Ron. This seems like a colossal waste of money for the result.

THE KEY IS TARGETED ADVERTISING!

This means instead of buying a blimp spend money on the following things (in this order):

• Assemble and deliver packets to SuperVoters in your region. Supervoters are people who have voted in the last few elections and are likely to vote in the primary. Your state coordinator should have a list of these people.
    • Buy air time on your local conservative talk radio stations including any commercial Christian stations in town
    • Buy TV ads on your local nightly and morning news programs, buy ads locally via your cable company on FOX, CNN, and MSNBC
    • Buy ads in local papers close to the editoral pages, in the business section, and in the local section
    • Purchase billboards in geographically strategic areas

I am sorry if I am raining on anyone's parade (or deflating their baloon - pun intended ) but if we want Ron Paul to win the primary, then we need to market him professionally with the best intelligence we can!
    Soooo...let me get this straight, I take your advice, (unknowingly, because, to be honest, after all this, I'd be inclined to do the exact opposite of what you say) act on it, IT WORKS, and you come back and say my logic is unsound.

Genius...STFU Matt, OK?

Soooo...let me get this straight, I take your advice, (unknowingly, because, to be honest, after all this, I'd be inclined to do the exact opposite of what you say) act on it, IT WORKS, and you come back and say my logic is unsound.

Genius...STFU Matt, OK?
    myillogicalphallus.com...blargh,blargh,blargh.

Newspapers have declined heavily since the anti-blimp post I made back in 2007.... And also I understand marketing better now than I did then because I have a lot more experience with it.

Cool

myillogicalphallus.com
    LULz

Newspapers have declined heavily since the anti-blimp post I made back in 2007.... And also I understand marketing better now than I did then because I have a lot more experience with it.
    You posted your resume on craigslist?

So were you full of $#@! then or are you full of $#@! now?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was not as informed then as I am now... I have a lot more experience with political marketing now than I did at that point in time. What I wrote at the time made sense, but it was not founded in as much experience as what I have now.

I was not as informed then as I am now... I have a lot more experience with political marketing now than I did at that point in time. What I wrote at the time made sense, but it was not founded in as much experience as what I have now.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

This is how I read it.....

Yes.

This is how I read it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

What scrutiny? Whose scrutiny?

Where is this mythical scrutiny?

Got some scrutiny in your pocket? Well, let's see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12