Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABC Article about Ron Paul tweet

ABC Article about Ron Paul tweet

https://twitter.com/#!/RonPaul/statu...83017786351616

http:// abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/snarky-tweet-from-ron-pauls-twitter-account-fired-at-jon-huntsman/

Snarky Tweet from Ron Paul’s Twitter Account Fired at Jon Huntsman, Deleted

What is this about? Any word?
    Last edited by doronster195; 01-04-2012 at 04:10 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thank you for changing title
    Last edited by Ranger29860; 01-04-2012 at 04:11 AM.

I really doubt Ron Paul wrote that, but I think it's funny as Hell.

Huntsman is an inconsequential pissant who was taking shots at Ron Paul- I can't blame Dr. Paul's staff for taking a shot at his ridiculously poor performance in Iowa.

Personally, I think that tweet (while obviously not from Ron Paul) was a mistake. Whoever did it, I don't know what were they thinking by punching down to a loser like Huntsman.

It's on the front page of Yahoo! now under the headline:

"Ron Paul places third in Iowa : Mocks Huntsman on Twitter"

You know they will use anything they can against him.

It shows the immature nature of the people running this campaign, it's becoming a major distraction to Ron's campaign. Ron made poor decisions to allow this to occur.
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Solidad OBrian just tried to make a big deal out of it on CNN... Ron didn't know WTH she was talking about!

Someone on the campaign should come forward and own it!

The media certainly will not let up on Ron Paul now!

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    It shows the immature nature of the people running this campaign, it's becoming a major distraction to Ron's campaign. Ron made poor decisions to allow this to occur.
    Oh look, it's walt bashing the campaign, what a surprise .

Huntsman has tweeted worse things, a long with his ridiculous personal attack ads against Ron. I would be happy to see the campaign take it one step further and run a scathing attack ad against Huntsman in NH.

So someone puts out a little in your face tweet to Huntsman who has been smearing Paul about the letters and we are all of a sudden being mean, dirty, or nasty? Give me a break. This is politics people. Wake up. It was completely harmless and a jab here and there isn't being naughty. It's politics!!!
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Very dumb. So dumb in fact I might even be persuaded it was sabotage.

Clearly not Dr. Paul- but completely reinforces the notion that Dr. Paul still does not have control over what goes out under his banner. Frankly, that's why the campaign probably chose to "own" it- b/c the alternative approach (i.e. "Dr. Paul didn't write it and disavows it) would have been an absolute joke.

Let's just hope the media is so fixated on Santorum-Romney that this doesn't get much play...

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    So someone puts out a little in your face tweet to Huntsman who has been smearing Paul about the letters and we are all of a sudden being mean, dirty, or nasty? Give me a break. This is politics people. Wake up. It was completely harmless and a jab here and there isn't being naughty. It's politics!!!
    Maybe for anyone else.. but NOT Dr. Paul.. He looked blindsided by CNN this AM.. didn't know what this was about..

Here CNN goes again..bringing up this tweet...........................

Now she is corelating this tweet to the Newsletters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raginggran View Post
    Maybe for anyone else.. but NOT Dr. Paul.. He looked blindsided by CNN this AM.. didn't know what this was about..

Here CNN goes again..bringing up this tweet...........................

Now she is corelating this tweet to the Newsletters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have the campaign release a press statement. DUH! And in the meantime you say I don't know what your talking about and change the topic to like I'm not sure you watched last but I came in a solid third and Huntsmun didn't get 1000 votes. Why don't you ask him why he's running a smear campaign. It's obviously not working for him.

Get off this high Santorum holier than thou horse. This is politics!
    Last edited by Liberty74; 01-04-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

I thought it was hilarious.

Probably someone in the campaign didn't realize they hadn't logged off the official campaign twitter account. Just a mistake.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

hahah

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    Probably someone in the campaign didn't realize they hadn't logged off the official campaign twitter account. Just a mistake.
    nice save, but according to ABCnews the tweet was deleted and then repost.
    ^^ my 2 devaluated cents

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    I'd buy that, it makes sense. It definitely seems like something someone would make on their personal twitter account.

I'm $#@!ing amazed that the media is making a big deal over bull$#@! like this though. My god, are we spared NOTHING??!!

the gop/media will never allow ron paul to win the gop nomination. build the base and then let the gop burn in hell.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

the tweet still makes me laugh though, and I think its 100% legit to stick your tongue out after all that crap.

^^ my 2 devaluated cents

Quote Originally Posted by european View Post
    nice save, but according to ABCnews the tweet was deleted and then repost.
    No, it was deleted, but people had screenshots and posted those. I was following the story on twitter last night when it happened.

Silly tweet, I hope someone loses their keys to the twitter machine. Ron Paul would never say that $#@!!
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    I'd buy that, it makes sense. It definitely seems like something someone would make on their personal twitter account.

I'm $#@!ing amazed that the media is making a big deal over bull$#@! like this though. My god, are we spared NOTHING??!!
    you shouldn't be surprised. The media will never allow him to win. They will continue and it will get worse. There goal is to make sure we do not place 1st or 2nd and they will use all resources to make it happen.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny tweet:
    @DrewHampshire Drew Cline

If only Santorum had won Iowa, so the headline could've been: Rickrolled!

https://twitter.com/#!/DrewHampshire...53547797692417

Someone who has no filter.
    Last edited by Ethek; 01-04-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

lol dumbass media. They really hate Ron Paul to make a big deal over an innocuous, funny and true tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    lol dumbass media. They really hate Ron Paul to make a big deal over an innocuous, funny and true tweet.
    It was counter to the campaigns message. Huntsman has a lot of people in NH sympathetic to Ron that were just insulted along with Huntsman.
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

If Huntsmann places ahead of us in NH, this tweet is gonna be a big deal.

Not good imo. Funny at the time, but going to rip us apart if specific things occur.

Quote Originally Posted by EuRa View Post
    If Huntsmann places ahead of us in NH, this tweet is gonna be a big deal.

Not good imo. Funny at the time, but going to rip us apart if specific things occur.
    Indeed. A lot of people seem to believe Huntsman will be the next flavor of the week. If he takes off even for a short time, this stupid tweet could blow up in our faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast