View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul will win Iowa

72 69.90%
  • Ron Paul will lose because the outcome is being rigged

18 17.48%
  • Ron Paul will lose fair and square.

10 9.71%
  • It's going to be rigged but Ron Paul wouldn't have won anyways.

3 2.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your gut tell you is going to be the outcome?

What does your gut tell you is going to be the outcome?

What does your gut tell you is going to be the outcome?
    Last edited by merrimac; 01-03-2012 at 05:12 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My gut tells me Ron Paul is at least 4-6 points ahead, but will have it stolen somehow.

I am a very pessimistic person by nature otherwise known as a realist. Having said that I do not see the kind of enthusiasm for Romney that Paul commands in Iowa. Santorum is going to get a good chunk of the religious vote but I feel like he will fall shorter than expectations. As much as I would like to see a Paul-Santorum-Romney outcome my projections are as follows.

Paul 28%
    Romney 23%
    Santorum 20%

I honestly believe the enthusiasm and organization Paul commands in Iowa is going to push him at least 4 percentage points above the 2nd place candidate whoever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe3113 View Post
    My gut tells me Ron Paul is at least 4-6 points ahead, but will have it stolen somehow.
    That's what I was thinking too...But I hope I'm wrong.

Paul 25%
    Romney 19%
    Santorum 18%
    Perry 13%
    Newt 13%
    Bachmann 6%
    Huntsman 3%
    Roemer 2%

The headline: Buddy Roemer is beginning to surge!

I think Ron Paul will win. But I do think it will be really really close. The Iowa GOP establishment on record says they will try to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Paul 25%
    Romney 19%
    Santorum 18%
    Perry 13%
    Newt 13%
    Bachmann 6%
    Huntsman 3%
    Roemer 2%

The headline: Buddy Roemer is beginning to surge!
    +rep for the headline.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last night it would have been lose fair and square. But not by much.

Today it's win.

Ron 30
    Romney 22
    Santorum 20

It's then stolen in some secret building where final votes are being counted with lots of stuffing...by the machine/system.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

My gut tells me that there will an effort to rig the outcome, but Ron Paul will still win by more than 30%.
    "Every generation deserves to live free." ~Ron Paul
    "It's hard to be free, but when it works it sure is worth it." ~Janis Joplin

I think Ron Paul will win.

Please God.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

My gut says Ron Paul wins with 32% or more
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it” - Thomas Jefferson

State by State - Voter Registration Information
    Pledge to Vote - Ron Paul Voter Bomb
    Ron Paul Flix - For all the latest Ron Paul videos and media coverage
    My Ron Paul T-Shirts and Bumper Stickers, and much more

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    rooooooooonslide!
    Indeed

I'm having a very positive feeling about this.. but I've been studying the polls, the numbers from the last election cycle in Iowa vs. the polls from the last cycle, matched with the fact that there is no democratic caucus this time and here is what I came up with last night through the use of mathematics and all intangibles:

1. Paul 24%
    2. Romney 23%
    3. Santorum 19%
    4. Gingrich 14%
    5. Perry 13%
    6. Bachmann 6%
    7. Huntsman 1%

My gut tells me Ron's support may grow to 27%, but taking everything into consideration, I think he may win very very marginally.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can easily picture a Paul blowout, a Santorum blowout or a very very close finish with Paul, Romney and Santorum all virtually tied (in any order).

As for which my gut feels is most likely, that changes from hour to hour.

I don't think anybody has any real clue as to whats gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_of_Politics View Post
    +rep for the headline.
    I think Buddy Roemer is now my second choice. Not because I know anything about him. I just think it would be cool to have a President Buddy.

I think Ron Paul will win.

There really won't be any "lose" tonight. Ron Paul will be in the top 3 for sure. Iowa isn't a winner-take-all state. The delegates are completely unbound. So there's 2 things to get out of Iowa caucuses... placing high in what is essentially another straw poll, which gives you validity and media attention and voter confidence, and then getting delegates to the RNC. I think we'll do very well in the delegate end of it. I'm pretty confident we'll get at least 2nd in the straw poll, which will be more than enough to carry forward the momentum.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

The straw poll may be rigged, and Paul comes in 2nd or 3rd ... But I still clicked "win" because I think he'll get the majority of delegates March 10 at the county conventions.

My guy tells me I'm going to vomit. This is stressful.

My gut tells me that Ron Paul is going to win. Like a boss.
    Please visit the Free Talk Live YouTube Channel

My twitter: @Samuel_E_Amer
    The best liberty videos on YouTube: Freedom

The Philosophy of Liberty
    www.mises.org
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The Potential of the Free State Project

My gut tells me it's going to be close, but that we DO have a legitimate chance to take the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's be honest if Ron lands 2nd place, it might as well be 100th place.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyOrDeath1776 View Post
    I am a very pessimistic person by nature otherwise known as a realist. Having said that I do not see the kind of enthusiasm for Romney that Paul commands in Iowa. Santorum is going to get a good chunk of the religious vote but I feel like he will fall shorter than expectations. As much as I would like to see a Paul-Santorum-Romney outcome my projections are as follows.

Paul 28%
    Romney 23%
    Santorum 20%

I honestly believe the enthusiasm and organization Paul commands in Iowa is going to push him at least 4 percentage points above the 2nd place candidate whoever that may be.
    I really hope this is the case. I've thought this would be what would happen, but somehow I've let CNN and their cronies scare me with the unlikely possibility that Santorum gets 1st place. I REALLY HOPE Santorum doesn't do better than 3rd place.
    Keep the faith and fight.

Positive thinking, people.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I think we'll win it by a field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by chadhb View Post
    Let's be honest if Ron lands 2nd place, it might as well be 100th place.
    Maybe. I think if he wins Iowa the odds of him being the nominee are 1 out of 100. If gets 2nd his odds are 1 out of 1000. He really needs a win just to show that he can win.
    "Here's how you understand Washington: It's organized crime. All you do is call the Republicans the Genovesas and you call the Democrats the Gambinos. The people at the top treat it like a crap game; like it's their crap game; like they're making lots of money. Occassionally some people at the table shoot each other but the moment anything threatens their crap game, they all unite to protect it."

-America: Freedom to Fascism (2006)

win with 40% then a total blackout 1 day later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast