View Poll Results: How much will you commit to doing phone from home?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have unlimited free time and will commit to calling almost non-stop

7 50.00%
  • I have work and/or other obligations but will commit to calling almost non-stop when I can

4 28.57%
  • I'm new/never tried phone from home but willing to make a lot of phone calls when I can

0 0%
  • I'm familiar with or never tried phone from home and will commit to making a few calls when I can

2 14.29%
  • I will not be able to participate in the phone from home program

1 7.14%

Thread: 2 day Phone from Home blitz for Iowa GOTV

2 day Phone from Home blitz for Iowa GOTV

At this stage GOTV is crucial to win Iowa. The latest Iowa polls show us in a statistical dead heat with Romney and Santorum. A recent email from Ron Paul encourages us in these last 48 hours to participate in the phone from home program, and stresses that it is THE MOST IMORTANT activity that you as a supporter who is not in Iowa can do RIGHT NOW to help Paul win. From what I understand the script for PFH will change soon for the purposes of GOTV, and you will only be calling ID'd Iowa Paul supporters through the system. It's now crunch time. How much will you commit to the phone from home program from now until tomorrow night.
    Last edited by 1stAmendguy; 01-02-2012 at 12:24 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is awesome! Everyone here should participate for the WIN. Seriously this is the most excited I have been in awhile! So cool we can directly make a difference in the turnout in Iowa for Ron Paul.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

I'm still getting NH. Anyone know what time it switches?

GOTV=GET OUT THE VOTE. Calling identified Ron Paul supporters in Iowa to remind and motivate them to vote for Ron Paul Tuesday night.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.

may switch, may not

If it switches, great - we back up the call centers

If it doesn't, great - We press further into NH

CALL TO WIN!!!
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    may switch, may not

If it switches, great - we back up the call centers

If it doesn't, great - We press further into NH

CALL TO WIN!!!
    I hope it switches to IA. I WANT to call Iowa to get out the vote.
    Seems the ones IN Iowa would have more-productive work to do while we (in other states) take the calling chores.
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by vechorik View Post
    I hope it switches to IA. I WANT to call Iowa to get out the vote.
    Seems the ones IN Iowa would have more-productive work to do while we (in other states) take the calling chores.
    Call to win!
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 01-02-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's official. The system has switched to Iowa, so I'm going to log off of this forum right now and start calling.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAmendguy View Post
    It's official. The system has switched to Iowa, so I'm going to log off of this forum right now and start calling.
    Thanks for the update.

It has switched we are now calling Iowa for GOTV!!! I already have talked to one person that is going to caucus for Ron Paul. The script is really long though and read it before calling!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAmendguy View Post
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................I'm on it!

Is the script "broken up" because you're supposed to pause in between? It doesn't really leave much room for interaction with the person on the other end, so should we just pummel through it?

Project: Iowa Turnout - lets do this!!!
    Let it not be said that we did nothing.
    Ron Paul 2012

main points are:

SMILE

Introduce
    2pts behind
    recruit Friends and fam
    Ask
    Need ride?
    here is number
    Thanks

If pulled off script. HONESTY HONESTY HONESTY

~ C.Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A guy said he wasn't voting for Ron Paul! Next thing asks if he needs a ride. He said he lived right across from the caucus!
    I ended the call --- but NOW wish I had asked if something happened to change his mind.

What are we to do?
    Do the NO people get a follow-up call from some knowledgeable supporter?

The first lady I spoke to appreciated me giving her the information and was glad we called to remind her.

The second person I called became angry and said "you guys have called like 40x today!!" and hung up.

Maybe part of our modified script should be something to the effect of "I'm calling on behalf of Ron Paul. Have you already spoken to other Ron Paul volunteers today?" before we continue reading the script.......That could help us be more efficient and less aggravating.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Another thread suggested asking the LAST questions first -- about can we count on your support THEN read the details. I'm going to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by vechorik View Post
    Another thread suggested asking the LAST questions first -- about can we count on your support THEN read the details. I'm going to try that.
    This seems like a good idea.
    Let it not be said that we did nothing.
    Ron Paul 2012

Do your best to stick to the script. Read the voter, shorten in order, IF you need to shorten.

~ C.Coolidge

Couple of things I noticed, for one the script is very choppy and is hard to get through without the other person interrupting. Also, I too have gotten the "you guys have called me x number of times" response.

My best advice is to introduce yourself, say I have you down as being a Ron Paul supporter and that you were following up with them to let them now the caucus is tomorrow evening. Then let it flow from there with the talking points they have listed. Let the person say something in between, even if it's just "ok". This will make it easier for you and sound less like a robot. All of my calls have gone awesome thus far...I guess working in call center for 3 years was worth it! Keep it up everyone, we're going to win this thing!

I like the suggestions someone else made on another thread. Lead with the question:
    Can Ron Paul count on you to come out and caucus for him on Tuesday?

Then fill in details.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This PDF is a good introduction to the importance and process of making calls. Feel free to share it: http://lalibertyhq.com/caller.pdf
    Christopher David - Ron Paul Republican candidate for U.S. House, CA-33
    Running to represent the coast of Los Angeles from Malibu to Palos Verdes
    Friend me | Fan me | Donate $20.12 or $201.20 for Victory in 2012

bump for more votes

I'm gonna start calling now