Thread: 25 more Iowans join ‘Veterans for Ron Paul’

25 more Iowans join ‘Veterans for Ron Paul’

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sound good! Hope they become precinct captains!

This reminds me of a question I have had for a while.

In caucus states, when a lot of servicemen and women are away overseas or elsewhere, are these folks automatically disenfranchised? They obviously cannot atten a caucus, so it seems to me that they are deprived of their vote. Anyone have an answer for this?

If this is the case, then certainly there is a genuine wrong being perpetrated in denying someone his vote.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    This reminds me of a question I have had for a while.

In caucus states, when a lot of servicemen and women are away overseas or elsewhere, are these folks automatically disenfranchised? They obviously cannot atten a caucus, so it seems to me that they are deprived of their vote. Anyone have an answer for this?

If this is the case, then certainly there is a genuine wrong being perpetrated in denying someone his vote.
    I would say a) this is a political primary by a party. A party is a private group and is free to choose their process of picking their representatives for their party. b) this isn't a binding vote, technically. The precinct delegates to county delegates to district delegates to state delegates to national delegates decide who to pick for the nominee from Iowa. c) There is no right to vote for President of the United States...only House of Representatives and Senate.

Not that I'm saying it is right, just saying the argument that can be made.

It's a private affair, not a public one, so there's no real deprivation.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

Wish you could cast an "absentee" ballot... Ron Paul would get all the military vote oversees..

Quote Originally Posted by rblgenius View Post
    Wish you could cast an "absentee" ballot... Ron Paul would get all the military vote oversees..
    They can for primaries (most states)

I understand what you are saying jer4lib.

However, should it be legal to set rules that automatically exclude any citizen from voting?

How is this not a more significant issue than requiring voter ID?

These are not intended as simple questions about party rules, rather these are legitimate questions from my point of view?
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldanga View Post
    It's a private affair, not a public one, so there's no real deprivation.
    "no real deprivation" ?????????

I totally disagree with that since I believe that participation in the process that chooses the eventual nominee is even more important than voting in the general election. Why else would we be fighting so hard to get RP, our candidate, as the nominee?

What if we had hundreds of Iowa military memebers home to participate in the caucus? I think it definitely makes a difference and certainly a caucus is exclusive of many tax-paying members of our country.
    Last edited by Carole; 01-01-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    Carole