Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to reach 3,000 Iowans for $10 - POTENTIAL GAME-CHANGER - ChipIn to Win Iowa

How to reach 3,000 Iowans for $10 - POTENTIAL GAME-CHANGER - ChipIn to Win Iowa

** Update: Will add +rep for every donation! **

Read this post for an update on the numbers.

UPDATE #2 - CRITICAL - PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ

IOWA GOTV UPDATE HERE

Folks, I am a longtime internet marketer. Please consider the following. It could make the difference between Ron coming first or second place in Iowa.

The race will come down to turnout. Do dems and indys show up, or do they not. PPP says that if dems and indys turn out, Ron Paul should win. If it's a more traditional turnout, Romney (or now maybe Santorum) should win.

Turnout is everything.

I received a call from a friend of mine talking to lots of voters in Iowa, in person and over the phones. When he asks if they plan to caucus, a lot of them are saying they aren't caucusing because they are Democratic or independent. MANY Dems/Indys do not realize that they can register Republican on the day of the caucus.

Many of these people would caucus for Ron Paul if they knew they could. We need to get the word out about this.

How to get the word out so late in the game? I prefer the amazing, hyper-targeted Facebook advertising.

Last night I set up an ad targeting fans of Barack Obama in Iowa age 18+. I figure a lot of Obama fans in Iowa are already accustomed to the importance and process of the caucuses, and would be the most idealistic people willing to show up on a cold night to stick a thumb in the eye of the GOP establishment by caucusing for Ron Paul.

Here's the ad I set up.

There are 20,620 fans of Barack Obama in Iowa. If just a fraction show up to caucus for Ron Paul, it could make the difference between first and second place.

The ad was approved this morning. I set a high cost-per-click and daily budget so it would take priority over the many other ads targeting Iowans.

So far it the ad has been seen by 3,452 separate individuals an average of 7.7 times each.

Though only 15 people have actually clicked through to the site (the Ron Paul Iowa page), the important thing is that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE HEARING FROM AN OFFICIAL-SEEMING SOURCE THAT THEY CAN CAUCUS FOR RON PAUL.

And so far it has only cost me $11.59.

I am about to set up ads targeting other dems/indys, ones maybe not fans of Obama on Facebook. You can do the same. But because I have spent thousands of dollars on ads in the past, I can get ads approved way faster than anyone who hasn't done it before.

So I am asking anyone serious about maximizing Ron's chances at victory in Iowa to ChipIn funds to go toward this Iowa ad blitz.

I don't know what your donations to the campaign are getting for return on investment. It's important to donate to the campaign for the other states, but probably too late to impact Iowa by donating to the official campaign.

I do know that if you want to impact Iowa this late in the game, the BEST THING YOU CAN DO is put it into Facebook ads yourself -- or throw it my way and 100% of the donations (minus Chipin/PayPal transaction fees) will go into the ads I am running in Iowa.

$11 for 3,000+ Dem/indy Iowans seeing an average of 7 times each an ad telling them they can caucus -- want to scale that up rapidly???

Please donate then spread this thread link around Facebook.

DONATE HERE -> http://iowaadblitz.chipin.com/iowa-ad-blitz

I'll post updates here with how I spend the money.

Feel free to post questions or ideas.

TO VICTORY
    Last edited by Christopher David; 01-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Christopher David - Ron Paul Republican candidate for U.S. House, CA-33
    Running to represent the coast of Los Angeles from Malibu to Palos Verdes
    Friend me | Fan me | Donate $20.12 or $201.20 for Victory in 2012

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    why is this idea just now being floated 2 days before D day?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Most people over 29 years old have caucused before and probably know that they can register Republican.

Maybe you can reduce the cost per click costs by focusing on only 18 to 29 year olds since they are the ones who are most likely unfamiliar with the rules.

If you want to make it cheaper, you can target males only since we do better with males than females.

Also, what exact site are you linking the ad to?

Maybe we should run some anti-war ads.

I just started running a similarly themed ad, and linking it to this forum thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?344199-Caucus-for-Ron-Paul-on-Tuesday-Night!&p=3928802#post3928802

W
    here are you linking to? I think I need to improve my ads, I'll try to post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Perhaps something that can be done more effectively moving forward too? Certainly targetting anyone who likes Ron Paul with moneybomb ads, independents in NH...
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

the original ad is good. and yeah keep it from 17-29

Would it be better to link to the Blue Republican website?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because it's not really anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger for Paul View Post
    Would it be better to link to the Blue Republican website?
    No. The Blue Republican site says the deadline to register in Iowa is December 24, which is blatantly wrong. I've been trying to get their attention to correct that and many other mistakes but they never respond.

I assumed it was common knowledge in Iowa that Dems/Indys could go to the GOP caucus. I just heard from my friend in Iowa that that is definitely not the case.

And I floated this idea here months ago by the way. A bunch of people have been running FB ads, which is great -- but the need now is to target the Dems/Indys who would caucus for RP if they just knew that they could.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Most people over 29 years old have caucused before and probably know that they can register Republican.

Maybe you can reduce the cost per click costs by focusing on only 18 to 29 year olds since they are the ones who are most likely unfamiliar with the rules.

If you want to make it cheaper, you can target males only since we do better with males than females.

Also, what exact site are you linking the ad to?
    Linking to http://www.ronpaul2012.com/states/iowa/

I may reduce future ads to 18-29 but I like the Obama ad as it is because at current rates it will take only ~$50 to get the ad in front of all of them.

I just contributed $25.

This could be huge. I'd say get the campaign in on this immediately with funds, and expand the criteria.

I would not just do Obama, I would look at the following:

Jon Stewart
    Jay Leno (?)
    Dylan Rattigan
    Cenk Uygur
    Jack Cafferty

Dennis Kucinich
    Ralph Nader
    Mike Gravel
    Cindy Sheehan

Occupy Wall Street
    Wikileaks
    Anonymous

Bradley Manning
    Sibel Edmonds

Julian Assange
    Howard Zinn
    Noam Chomsky
    Alexander Cockburn

Kelly Clarkson
    Joe Rogan
    Michelle Branch

Anti-Monsanto/GMO
    Anti-Fluoride

Earthships
    Alternative Technology

I threw out a few names in a few different categories. Also, can you run something like this on short notice on the Huffington Post or Daily Kos?

I wish there was more time on this. +Rep to Christopher for a fantastic idea!
    Last edited by milo10; 12-31-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Consider including 17 yr olds as well, since you do not have to be 18 on caucus day. You have to be 18 on the day of the general election. So most 17 year olds can caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher David View Post
    Linking to http://www.ronpaul2012.com/states/iowa/

I may reduce future ads to 18-29 but I like the Obama ad as it is because at current rates it will take only ~$50 to get the ad in front of all of them.
    That link doesn't really explain much though. It doesn't tell them if they can register AT the caucus, where they go to caucus, what time it starts, what they need to bring if they aren't registered to vote, etc.

It doesn't have a phone number or email address for them to contact too.

Hopefully we can find a better link that explains the process well.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 12-31-2011 at 07:25 PM.

From a young brain [ 17 ] I would trying to following fb pages:

(make sure everything is offical page w/ most likes)

Iowa Hawkeyes
    Iowa State Cyclones
    Call of Duty or Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3
    Battlefield 3
    ESPN

Just some ideas that would appeal to young voters
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by milo10 View Post
    I just contributed $25.

This could be huge. I'd say get the campaign in on this immediately with funds, and expand the criteria.
    Thanks a ton Milo. Crafting new ads now.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904
    That link doesn't really explain much though. It doesn't tell them if they can register AT the caucus, where they go to caucus, what time it starts, what they need to bring if they aren't registered to vote, etc.

It doesn't have a phone number or email address for them to contact too.

Hopefully we can find a better link that explains the process well.
    I agree. I could not find any Ron Paul affiliated Iowa caucus explanation page. I didn't want to link to the Iowa GOP page directly because that might turn people off. If anyone can find a better link I'll swap it out.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You need a better link, or else you (or someone with webpage-making prowess) would need to come up with a better page. Something to keep in mind for NH or other states. I don't know if there is enough time for Iowa

You need a better link, or else you (or someone with webpage-making prowess) would need to come up with a better page. Something to keep in mind for NH or other states. I don't know if there is enough time for Iowa
    Why wouldn't there be enough time for Iowa?

Could we do a "Obama signed NDAA. Vote in the Republican caucus for Ron Paul. You can register same day at caucus. Find local caucus here."

Advertise this website:

http://iowagop.org/caucus/bycounty.php

How about having one of the grassroots pages already in existence add info on their home page that would make it an excellent link for this type of info. If you come up with a better page to link to, I'll throw some money your way as well.

I've been busy grinding out new pages for the NH blitz, but I do have iowaforpaul.com reserved if anyone wants to put up a page in the next 12 hours. Let me know.

We simply need them to be able to find the caucus.

http://iowagop.org/caucus/bycounty.php

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in for 10 bucks.
    Good timing for these ads , the young folks will be on facebook alot in the next couple days catching up on new years stories etc

1/1/2012
    Receipt ID b444841b29cf7f5b
    Total: $10.00

I agree with the 17 year olds. 90% of them can go caucus for Ron.

15 bucks, chip-in is now at 100$.

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    I just started running a similarly themed ad, and linking it to this forum thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?344199-Caucus-for-Ron-Paul-on-Tuesday-Night!&p=3928802#post3928802

W
    here are you linking to? I think I need to improve my ads, I'll try to post them here.
    Can you add some more information in your thread, like how anyone can register to vote or register Republican at the caucus? If you add those, it would be a good thread to link to in the ads.

bump! Here's a game changer right here!

Total: $15.00

Receipt ID aba1e4377b5068de

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast