Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul discusses Mitt Romney

Ron Paul discusses Mitt Romney

Ron Paul says he likes Mitt Romney...to some degree anyways

edit: I added the whole quote

Paul offered limited approval for Romney in the interview, yet he wouldn’t commit to supporting him as the 2012 Republican candidate.

“I think he probably understands how the market works as a businessman a little bit better than a guy like Gingrich does and the people who have never been in business,” he said of Romney.

Paul also suggested that he sees Romney as being more presidential than some of the other candidates.

“I think he has a decorum that’s different,” he said. “He’s a little bit more diplomatic, I think, in the way he handles things.”

Still, Paul said he doesn’t think Romney has “convictions that come close to mine,” and that he views all of his rivals as being political insiders.

“I put them all in the same category,” he said. “They all are part of the status quo.”

'Serial Flip-Flopper’

Asked why he has been less critical of Romney than some of the other candidates, Paul said he’s targeted his fellow Iowa front-runner for attacks on occasion.

“We’ve accused him of this vicious term that he flip- flops,” he said. “We could call him a serial flip flopper.”
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ng-rivals.html

Last edited by jct74; 12-31-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: link added

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dont understand this. I mean, hell, at least Huntsman gets some foreign policy right.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Ron Paul says he likes Mitt Romney...to some degree anyways

They're playing nice with each other, until it's just them two, then it's going to be a Pacquiao vs FMJ type brawl. (If that brawl ever happens)

I'm telling you guys. Vice President.

Think Reagan/Bush.
    Rand Paul 2016

What?

All of Romney's staff are total neocons.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I don't get it.

Mitt Romney has shown he doesn't understand the free market or sound economic theory by supporting bailouts and corporatism.

Saying he knows business a little bit better than Gingrich is not really a compliment.

Gingrich has never really had any business other than politics.

I can see them both hoping for a Romney/Paul fight...

Paul going for caucus states and Romney going for primary states.

Another reason for the focus on Nevada.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is really quite confusing. I wonder what the angle is.

We'll find out in a few days.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post

Think Reagan/Bush.
    Bush called Reagan a radical and tried to kill him. Ron would be President for 3 weeks before he died after being stabbed with a poison-tip umbrella at the airport.

I actually agree with Paul on this to a degree. Romney is not ideology that conservative.

However, he is the candidate with the most impressive personal resume. Attended Harvard and did a dual graduate program of business and law at the same time. He graduated int the top 10% of the business school so he had top notch academic success. He combined this with success in the private sector by founding one of the most successful companies in the USA.

When it comes to personal story he may be the strongest candidate in the race not that Paul isn't strong in his right.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    This is really quite confusing. I wonder what the angle is.

We'll find out in a few days.

They're playing nice with each other a sort of truce for now. Deep down, I think Romney truly respects Ron Paul's ideals. That and the fact that they both want the real posers out of the race.

Romneys going after Ron saying he's not going to be the nominee and crap...

Notice he didn't post a link? Why? Because this is from weeks ago. It was a TV interview and wasn't quite as they worded it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Romneys going after Ron saying he's not going to be the nominee and crap...
    I kind of agree, but Paul dislikes Gingrich after 1996 when he tried to run a Democrat against him so he gets sidetracked with that. Plus he got to know and watch Gingrich in the house for a bit so that probably ads to his annoyance with him.

Plus Gingrich is an actual con artist where Romney doesn't quality as that.
    Last edited by Agorism; 12-30-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    Notice he didn't post a link? Why? Because this is from weeks ago. It was a TV interview and wasn't quite as they worded it.
    Hotair just posted it. That's where I got it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    Dont understand this. I mean, hell, at least Huntsman gets some foreign policy right.
    Huntsman is running an ad in NH implying Ron is a racist. He also wants to invade Iran.

Romney and Ron aren't going for the same voters, and Ron thinks Romney is more level headed than Gingrich. I wouldn't make too much of it.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I wish Dr. Paul had not said that. Most people say "Romney can run the US great. He has business experience."
    Even Dr. Paul made a video "Government is NOT a business."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq0kv4n5Yfs
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

Ron is genius. He bitch-slaps Newtl'roy and is gettin' in Willard's head all at the same time.

It seems to me that he is trying to shame, or strongarm Willard into acknowledging libertarian free market truths. Willard will ignore Ron at his own peril.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Saying he knows business a little bit better than Gingrich is not really a compliment.

Gingrich has never really had any business other than politics.
    What are you talking about? He was in the private sector/free market when he "consulted" for Fannie!

I have had this weird feeling since the beginning of December. Romney wants him for VP (as does the establishment to try and appease us and not cause a brokered convention) and Paul must now actually be considering it. Calls him a good guy on Leno. Doesn't attack him at all in ads. Attacking him 2 weeks ago in NH would've been so effective.

Romney hardly goes after Paul at all in Iowa.

Something is fishy. I don't like the smell of it.

I wish some people would stop taking this for more than what it is.

I know some are just wired that way, but is it not exhausting to constantly be in that mode?
    Ron has found something complimentary about all of them to a degree. Take it for what
    it is and let it go.

You should edit your OP with the full discussion on Romney.

Paul offered limited approval for Romney in the interview, yet he wouldn’t commit to supporting him as the 2012 Republican candidate.

“I think he probably understands how the market works as a businessman a little bit better than a guy like Gingrich does and the people who have never been in business,” he said of Romney.

Paul also suggested that he sees Romney as being more presidential than some of the other candidates.

“I think he has a decorum that’s different,” he said. “He’s a little bit more diplomatic, I think, in the way he handles things.”

Still, Paul said he doesn’t think Romney has “convictions that come close to mine,” and that he views all of his rivals as being political insiders.

“I put them all in the same category,” he said. “They all are part of the status quo.”

'Serial Flip-Flopper’

Asked why he has been less critical of Romney than some of the other candidates, Paul said he’s targeted his fellow Iowa front-runner for attacks on occasion.

“We’ve accused him of this vicious term that he flip- flops,” he said. “We could call him a serial flip flopper.”

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ng-rivals.html
    Last edited by lucent; 12-30-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    I have had this weird feeling since the beginning of December. Romney wants him for VP and Paul must now actually be considering it. Calls him a good guy on Leno. Doesn't attack him at all in ads. Attacking him 2 weeks ago in NH would've been so effective.

Romney hardly goes after Paul at all in Iowa.

Something is fishy. I don't like the smell of it.
    Hmmm. You think Romney wants Ron as VP? No way bro.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is an advantage to Romney and Paul getting along well in that they are the only two candidates who have money to actually run ads so have a truce maybe was good....kinda

Romney is not attacking Paul because all the others can do it and are doing it for him.
    When Romney sees Paul as a real threat the foreign policy choir will be singing with
    knives out for Ron.

Lighten up! lol

It's simple and not confusing at all. Ron or mittens is getting the nomination. Neither will get the white house without some of the others supporters so they can't burn bridges with each others support right now. The others in the race are just fluff, they are going nowhere.

Maybe Romney would take Rand as VP? Doubt it but he needs Tea Party enthusiasm.

Calling Romney status quo and serial flip-flopper is attacking him.

Schiff_FTW

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post

Think Reagan/Bush.
    How would that be good? The VP has almost no official responsibilities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast