Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Council on Foreign Relations: Time to attack Iran

Council on Foreign Relations: Time to attack Iran

WWIII Countdown: CFR declares "Time to Attack Iran"

Waiting for the Storm
    December 27, 2011

The highly influential Council on Foreign Relations (aka CFR) declared this month in their online publication "Foreign Affairs" that it is now time to attack Iran, subtitled "Why a Strike Is the Least Bad Option"

Council on Foreign Relations: Time to attack Iran
    http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articl...to-attack-iran

====

The Shadows of Power: The Council on Foreign Relations and the American Decline

Does America have a hidden oligarchy? Is U.S. foreign policy run by a closed shop? What is the CFR (Council on Foreign Relations)? It began in 1921 as a front organization for J.P. Morgan and Company. By World War II it had acquired unrivaled influence on American foreign policy. Hundreds of U.S. government administrators and diplomats have been drawn from its ranks - regardless of which party has occupied the White House. But what does the Council on Foreign Relations stand for? Why do the major media avoid discussing it? What has been its impact on America's past - and what is it planning for the future? (2008, 272pp, pb)

Council on Foreign Relations and Media Control

Last edited by FrankRep; 12-30-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

What is CFR's plan to protects Americans' daughters, wives, girl friends, sons from these enhanced checks at train stations, shopping malls, sports stadiums, movies, steak houses etc?

TX bill banning TSA from touching “anus, sexual organ, breast” is dead

Jun 30, 2011 ... Lawmakers in the Lone Star State adjourned their special session Wednesday
    without passing SB 29, a bill that would have limited ...

http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-...breast-is-dead

On the flip side, it it possible to claim to "stand with Israel" and not defend them from Iran threat?
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 12-31-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Crazy talk! Loony conspiracy theory! There is no such thing as the Council on Foreign Relations! Reported! Ban!

(Well, except for the one that tells Hillary Clinton what to do and tells us we need to attack Iran...)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

----

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    What is CFR's plan to protects Americans' daughters, wives, girl friends, sons from these enhanced checks at train stations, shopping malls, sports stadiums, movies, steak houses etc?

TX bill banning TSA from touching “anus, sexual organ, breast” is dead

Jun 30, 2011 ... Lawmakers in the Lone Star State adjourned their special session Wednesday
    without passing SB 29, a bill that would have limited ...

http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-...breast-is-dead

On the flip side, it it possible to claim to "stand with Israel" and not defend them from Iran threat?
    Oh thats a great spin..

of course Im sure their response would be that theyre only the council on foreign relations..

Bonus Round: Which current presidential candidates are members of or have connections to CFR?
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Bonus Round: Which current presidential candidates are members of or have connections to CFR?

Newton L. Gingrich, Official CFR member.

Source: CFR.org
    Last edited by FrankRep; 12-31-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    ----

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course, oil will skyrocket and Iran will be blamed, but the companies will be pocketing the extra costs.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

now all they need is a false flag like..... 9/11
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

It is time to attack the CFR. We need to banish such members from the USA forever, after we prosecute many of them for treason.

I subscribe to the magazine and read the entire article. They really are machiavellians over there. I think the second to third last paragraph, they state that Israel would basically be doing the USA a favor by NOT intervening, and letting the USA take care of it.

The author's point was to do a strike as soon as possible, "absorb" retaliatory strikes while controlling Iran's arab neighbors from retaliating if they're hit, and once a week goes by it should all be done if the US does it, and tells everyone else to stand back and take a few possible missile hits.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Can a series of invasions really be called a "World War"? I'd call it "America's war on the world" or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Can a series of invasions really be called a "World War"? I'd call it "America's war on the world" or something along those lines.
    No, but if we or Israel attack Iran, WW3 will have begun and the USA will be hit, no doubt about it. Oh, and Israel will be wiped of the map for real.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 01-01-2012 at 01:08 PM.

The CFR also has articles arguing against any attacks on Iran- calling it a "catastrophy" if it did occur.
    http://www.cfr.org/israel/predictabl...strophe/p21585

An Israeli attack would be an audacious, uncertain, highly destabilizing, and short-term solution. U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates predicted that a military strike "would delay the Iranian [nuclear] program for some period of time, but only delay it, probably only one to three years." Nevertheless, given the current trendlines and entrenched positions of the P5+1 and Iran, an Israeli strike might be the foreseeable catastrophe of 2010.
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...nt_attack_iran
    Why Israel Won't Attack Iran
    http://blogs.cfr.org/cook/2011/12/12...e+Euphrates%29
    This one argues in favor of "containment" over military action.
    So what is the answer? The Kuwaitis will tell you it isn’t war. Other than a few diehards left in Washington it is unlikely that the United States will try its hand at engagement again. What was wrong with containment? Somewhere along the line it was declared dead. Yet containing Iran (and Iraq) was relatively cheap and it largely worked. The Iranians were unable to alter the regional order in its favor. This failure is, no doubt, the reason why the Iranians are developing a nuclear capacity. Why can’t the United States and its allies contain a nuclear Iran? Didn’t Washington contain a nuclear capable Moscow? To be sure, some will say that it is because Iranian leaders have a worldview that makes them uncontainable—i.e. that they are irrational. I don’t buy it. I think they are bad people, but I don’t think they are undeterrable and uncontainable. This isn’t a popular position to take in Washington these days, but ask the Kuwaitis. They don’t want to live with the consequences of yet another war on their doorstep. They’d prefer to marshal the resources of the region and the United States to keep the Iranians in the proverbial box. I am with them.
    Previous articles was from late 2009 but this one is only two weeks old. You can find many different positions in articles and pieces from the Council on Foreign Relations.

The USA is nothing but a big working mule for Britain and Israel.

Israel and Britain call the shots.

And for the record, I am of the belief that WW3 is well under way.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Last edited by Seraphim; 01-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This has the potential to completely destroy the two party illusion. What happens when Obama and his liberal friends in the media begin calling for war? How will the libs justify it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Crazy talk! Loony conspiracy theory! There is no such thing as the Council on Foreign Relations! Reported! Ban!

(Well, except for the one that tells Hillary Clinton what to do and tells us we need to attack Iran...)
    In my non RPF life, the local affiliate extended an invitation for me to join, I declined the honor, as I didn't think my blood pressure could take the CFR propaganda.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I came across this tidbit a few years back. I'm not totally sure it is true but it seems pretty plausible. Specially when Iraq and Afghanistan were on the list.

"There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya."

Also of note:

U.S. Targets Iran's Central Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    In my non RPF life, the local affiliate extended an invitation for me to join, I declined the honor, as I didn't think my blood pressure could take the CFR propaganda.
    A local CFR affiliate? Which CFR member nominated you?

CFR Membership

Membership

Quality, diversity, and balance are the key objectives sought by CFR in the composition of its membership. New members are named twice a year by the Board of Directors, which invites individuals to join based on recommendations by the Committee on Membership. The committee is composed of five members of the Board and a number of other members chosen by the committee chair. To be considered by the committee, candidates must be nominated by a CFR member and seconded by three other individuals (maximum of four).

* A candidate for membership must be nominated in writing by one CFR member and seconded by a minimum of three other individuals (maximum of four). It is not required that seconding letters come from current CFR members, but it is strongly encouraged.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    A local CFR affiliate? Which CFR member nominated you?

CFR Membership

Membership

Quality, diversity, and balance are the key objectives sought by CFR in the composition of its membership. New members are named twice a year by the Board of Directors, which invites individuals to join based on recommendations by the Committee on Membership. The committee is composed of five members of the Board and a number of other members chosen by the committee chair. To be considered by the committee, candidates must be nominated by a CFR member and seconded by three other individuals (maximum of four).

* A candidate for membership must be nominated in writing by one CFR member and seconded by a minimum of three other individuals (maximum of four). It is not required that seconding letters come from current CFR members, but it is strongly encouraged.
    Not sure who, but I have suspicions - a lawyer in Dallas who is not that well known. Just got a letter in the mail with the invitation - went straight to the trash.

http://www.dallascfr.org/
    Last edited by Pericles; 01-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Newton L. Gingrich, Official CFR member.

Source: CFR.org
    That's one of them.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Not sure who, but I have suspicions - a lawyer in Dallas who is not that well known. Just got a letter in the mail with the invitation - went straight to the trash.

http://www.dallascfr.org/
    FYI: The Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations is not connected to the Council on Foreign Relations.

http://www.dallascfr.org/about-dcfr

DCFR is an affiliate of the American Committees on Foreign Relations.
    ----

FYI: The Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations is not connected to the Council on Foreign Relations.

A little cross referencing might be interesting.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The messed up thing is that it is within our nature to live in peace. Nice tidbit bout the banks, guess it's only four countries left now.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    That's one of them.

Jon M. Huntsman, Jr is a former member of the CFR. Active membership: 1993-1998

Source:

2005: Gov. Jon Huntsman's CFR Membership -- The Rest of the Story
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...M.-Huntsman-Jr
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I came across this tidbit a few years back. I'm not totally sure it is true but it seems pretty plausable. Specilly when IraQ and Afganistan were on the list.

"There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya."

Also of note:

U.S. Targets Iran's Central Bank
    How about that!! The five countries that have been attacked the most in the media for their "oppressive regimes" all do not have a central bank? Gee I wonder why. Don't forget Venezuela, where Hugo Chavez has been working hard to keep international business influence out of his country, and has also been on the brunt end of media propaganda against his government there. This proves that governments are not overthrown because of "human rights violations." They are overthrown because they refuse to follow the globalist agenda. This is why Libya was invaded and why so many people with power want to attack Iran, while nothing is done about other governments that are oppressive, like Saudi Arabia, who is touted as a friend of America. This is also why China and Russia are being criticized so much, because they pose a threat to the globalists and their push for world government. If we threatened sanctions and war with every country that mistreated its citizens, we would literally be at war with half the world.
    Last edited by gmc1988; 01-01-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Seems they took off their patches at some point, but no doubt still interact:

In 1995, ACFR was newly incorporated as a nonprofit association dedicated to facilitating debate on international events--primarily as they relate to the formulation and implementation of U.S. foreign policy--between Washington and the heartland(s) of the United States.

In their previous life, the committees were affiliated with the Council on Foreign Relations, which created them in 1938 to the same ends that the new association affirms. At present, ACFR is not affiliated with any other entity, but has productive relations with the broadest range of government officials (both U.S. and foreign) and foreign affairs related think-tanks and associations in Washington and beyond. ACFR's national office is located at historic DACOR Bacon House, just west of the White House in Washington, D.C.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by gmc1988 View Post
    How about that!! The five countries that have been attacked the most in the media for their "oppressive regimes" all do not have a central bank? Gee I wonder why. Don't forget Venezuela, where Hugo Chavez has been working hard to keep international business influence out of his country, and has also been on the brunt end of media propaganda against his government there. This proves that governments are not overthrown because of "human rights violations." They are overthrown because they refuse to follow the globalist agenda. This is why Libya was invaded and why so many people with power want to attack Iran, while nothing is done about other governments that are oppressive, like Saudi Arabia, who is touted as a friend of America. This is also why China and Russia are being criticized so much, because they pose a threat to the globalists and their push for world government. If we threatened sanctions and war with every country that mistreated its citizens, we would literally be at war with half the world.
    Really? Iran does have a central bank. http://www.cbi.ir/default_en.aspx

Hugo Chaves wants the government in charge of everything. I would not hold him up as any sort of example of libertarianism. He is against free markets and for socialism. And yes, he does violate peoples human rights there.

Libya also has a central bank (founded in 1956): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_Libya

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Really? Iran does have a central bank. http://www.cbi.ir/default_en.aspx

Libya also has a central bank (founded in 1956): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_Libya
    The Iran and Libyan Central bank are completely Government owned, unlike the U.S. Federal Reserve central bank.

Big difference.
    ----

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast