Thread: A question about Reagan

A question about Reagan

I was born in 1974, and my father is a die hard Democrat (though I continue to push Ron Paul, and Obama is making my job much easier).

Thus my memories of Reagan are foggy at best.

Question - how was he treated by the media? It was my understanding he and Ron Paul agreed on a lot. Was he treated like Ron Paul was previous to his nomination? And if so, can we compare media treatment of him to Ron Paul?
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was born in '74, as well, and my memories of Reagan are vivid. He was a hero to me back in the 80s. Ron Paul and Reagan supported a return to a gold standard. Reagan, like Paul, received a lot of criticism for his age. He was also accused, repeatedly, of wanting to eliminate Social Security because he wanted to eliminate a lot of federal agencies. It was to this question that he uttered the famous line, "Well, there you go again." Which was all he really had to say.

I don't understand why similarities to Reagan would influence a die-hard Democrat, though.
    It's R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]UTION time!

This short video is Ronald Reagan unplugged before John Hinckley, Jr. shot him on day 69 of Reagan's first term.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBsw...layer_embedded
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

This short video is Ronald Reagan unplugged before John Hinckley, Jr. shot him on day 69 of Reagan's first term.
    It's from 1964...

Quote Originally Posted by mwkaufman View Post
    It's from 1964...
    Right. These are the ideas Ronald Reagan brought to the presidency. Then they shot him and he changed policies.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    Question - how was he treated by the media? It was my understanding he and Ron Paul agreed on a lot.
    The media said Ronald Reagan was unelectable and too extreme.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

His foreign policy was to the left of Barack Obama's.

they used to call Reagan Teflon, because nothing stuck; the media loved him

and Reagan, much like Obama, changed after winning. Reagan won, but Bush governed; Obama won, but Hillary governed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    The media said Ronald Reagan was unelectable and too extreme.
    And a batty old fool who wasn't too bright, has been "Bedtime for Bonzo" actor. If Reagan had something other than a Tip O'Neill controlled House to work with - that would have been interesting.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.